Grimm Forum
2x16 - Nameless - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 2 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-2)
+---- Thread: 2x16 - Nameless (/Thread-2x16-Nameless--80)

2x16 - Nameless - GrimmForum - 03-29-2013

Air Date: 3/29/13

Synopsis: Grimm takes on the tale of rumplestiltskin when a mysterious killer targets a video game company — When a gruesome homicide brings an office party to a screeching halt, Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) find themselves battling a Wesen on a completely new platform – online. Meanwhile, Juliette’s (Bitsie Tulloch) mysterious hallucinations finally start to take shape, giving them a whole new meaning. Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee, Bree Turner and Claire Coffee also star.

Promotional Images:
Spoiler :
[Image: 01_NUP_155248_0441.JPG]

[Image: 02_NUP_155248_0143.JPG]

[Image: 03_NUP_155248_0529.JPG]

[Image: 04_NUP_155248_0352.JPG]

[Image: 05_NUP_155248_0257.JPG]

[Image: 06_NUP_155248_0083.JPG]

[Image: 08_NUP_155248_0195.JPG]

[Image: jpeg.jpg]

Finally it's Friday, and a New episode of Grimm is about to air. What do you all think of tonight's new episode?

RE: 2x16 - Nameless - Zobgeist - 03-29-2013

This was a pretty good episode, I liked the modern twist with the video game. Some questions that I wondered at the end of the episode was, what happened to Wu? And is Juliette going to leave Portland? Lastly, what was that list of names Renard had. Name of Grimms?

RE: 2x16 - Nameless - pale boy - 03-29-2013

I liked it. I always dread the "game episode" of shows, but this one wasn't about the game. (Really facepalm when shows solve crimes "in game", lawlz). Thankfully it wasn't this: "You mean people can play games *dramatic pause* on computers?"

Nice blend of the cast this episode. Hank was out in front; glad to see him leading on a case. Got some focus on Wu this episode! Big Grin Looks like the Juliette story is coming to a head. There's pretty much no way for Nick to get outta that one. Also loved the scenes with Rosalee and Monroe. Renard is getting into some sticky business.

The best scenes were probably when Nick, Hank, and Wu worked together.

Grimm seems to be more about its characters this season. The "monster of the week" takes the back burner. Have to say that I like the change. They've also upped the gore factor. That twitchy first victim really caught me by surprise. :0

RE: 2x16 - Nameless - slayer - 03-30-2013

I thought this was a good episode with an interesting plot. I liked how they tied into how the author's of the three stories used pseudonym's to help figure out who the killer was.

Actually, it was very interesting for me, because of what had happened prior to watching this episode. I didn't watch it on Friday night. Instead I watched this episode this evening online.

This morning I went to a nearby farmers/flea market. I browsed around, ate breakfast there, bought some music CDs and went to a large book stand. At this book stand I found three of the same copy of one volume of a set of books that my dad would read to my little sister and I when we were young. They weren't Grimm's Fairy Tales, they were Colliers Junior Classics, which consists of a set of 10 volumes all with several stories written by various authors. The copies that I came across were all Volume 5 titled "Stories That Never Grow Old". I bought the one that was in the best condition and went home.

When I got home I went about my business and then in the late afternoon I decided to sit down and read the first story in the book. Granted, these are children's books, but I just had to connect with my childhood.

The first story was "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll with illustrations by Sir John Tenniel.

Later, while wacthing this episode, well into it around 8:30 PM this evening I almost fell out of my chair when they showed the first page of the first story of the first clue of what I had just read a few hours earlier.

I usually do not join forums and if I do I usually do not contribute. I just had to today after what had happened. I could have put that book down at the book stand and left...I could have put that book away when I got home...I could have paged through the book and read one of the shorter stories...instead I read this and then sat down later and watched this episode.

This is 100% true. My dad read these to me when I was between 4 and 7 and now I am 52. I just wanted to reconnect with something that was a fond memory becuse these books are long gone from my parents house and so is my dad who died in 2008. It was a nice memory and a good feeling to come across this book this morning. I had no idea that a TV show would have some connection with the book later in the same day.

Maybe a Wesen is outside my front door....maybe a Grimm is nearby...

Freaky.

RE: 2x16 - Nameless - the-epic-prince - 03-31-2013

Wow! I sure enjoyed this episode.

Likes: Wu got to shine. Monroe awkwardly avoiding questions. The wesen who's name I won't be able to spell. All the Rumpelstiltskin shout outs.

Those are just the things that stood out but It was a really good episode.

That's really interesting Slayer.

RE: 2x16 - Nameless - RebeccaMatthews - 03-31-2013

I'm going to start by saying that the only spoilers I see/know of at what's released in the trailers and sneak peaks in my timeline on Youtube or other social media websites I visit. Therefore, I was unaware that this episode was a take on the Rumpelstiltskin tale. Especially since I'm so use to Rumpelstiltskin looking like Robert Carlyle/gold and scaly, and not, well like it did.

I loved Wu is this episode. I know that there are some people that are annoyed that Wu is being the stereotypically Hollywood Asian, but I like it. I felt kinda bad for Wu when the troll melted the ladder and he was hanging there for a little. I figured once they saw Wu hanging there from the street, they would've called in the fire department to get him, or made sure someone went up to pull the ladder in.

RE: 2x16 - Nameless - pale boy - 04-03-2013

(03-31-2013, 11:20 PM)RebeccaMatthews Wrote: I'm going to start by saying that the only spoilers I see/know of at what's released in the trailers and sneak peaks in my timeline on Youtube or other social media websites I visit. Therefore, I was unaware that this episode was a take on the Rumpelstiltskin tale. Especially since I'm so use to Rumpelstiltskin looking like Robert Carlyle/gold and scaly, and not, well like it did.

I loved Wu is this episode. I know that there are some people that are annoyed that Wu is being the stereotypically Hollywood Asian, but I like it. I felt kinda bad for Wu when the troll melted the ladder and he was hanging there for a little. I figured once they saw Wu hanging there from the street, they would've called in the fire department to get him, or made sure someone went up to pull the ladder in.

Lol, yeah, Rumpelstiltskin should have giggled more, I think. Once Upon a Time has spoiled me in terms of that depiction.

I agree that Wu has had some unfortunate ... stereotyping problems in terms of characterization, and that he's now sort of getting "smart guy" status, but it's actually nice to see someone (other than Monroe) with a lot of knowledge. Since he's not riding a desk and he's often on scene with Hank and Nick, it's fairly safe to say that he's also got some physical prowess as well. I had a Joss Whedon deja vu moment when his life was on the line this episode -- I hate seeing the funny characters bite the dust. :[

I'd like to see him broadened as a character. They could start by having him know all about Wesen too.

RE: 2x16 - Nameless - Lou - 04-07-2013

I liked this episode a lot. I thought the Rumplestillskin tie in was a little weak but still thought the episode was cool.

My favorite moment was in the Spice Shop with Juliette wanting Monroe and Rosalee to help her. Rosalee is game but Monroe balks till Juliette and Rosalee turn their puppy dog eyes on him.

RE: 2x16 - Nameless - Waldfrau - 07-22-2018

I didn't enjoy the game stuff that much, but loved the scenes with Juliette, it's interesting to see her investigate. Smile