Grimm Forum
What is Monroe's Name? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What is Monroe's Name? (/Thread-What-is-Monroe-s-Name)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What is Monroe's Name? - pale boy - 03-24-2013

It's the second season and we have yet to find out Monroe's full name. I don't know if I've simply missed it, but I've yet to see what it is. I've looked for it too.

If it hasn't been revealed, then ...

Is it his last name? First name? A nickname? Inquiring minds want to know!

My theory: I think it's his last name. His first name is probably embarrassing, uncommon, or both.

I'd like to see him have a "wolfy" name. Because Monroe is a Scottish name, I could see him with something like "Conall" (a Gaelic name). It means "strong wolf". Names in Grimm tend to be loaded with meaning, so it wouldn't be out of place.

Since we don't have anything on this, what's your guess for his name?

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - bookofknowledge - 03-25-2013

ive just been thinking he had only one name

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - the-epic-prince - 03-25-2013

I don't know what his first name is. But if is wolfy like Pale Boy said that would be cool.

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - pale boy - 03-25-2013

(03-25-2013, 06:21 PM)bookofknowledge Wrote: ive just been thinking he had only one name

So, Monroe has gone the Madonna route, has he? Rofl.

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - GrimmForum - 03-26-2013

At one point, I think it was either IMDB or Wikipedia, but it said his name was

Spoiler :
Eddie Monroe

In fact, if you search "Eddie Monroe Grimm" on Google, you will find many news articles about "Eddie Monroe", like this one here.

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - the-epic-prince - 03-26-2013

(03-26-2013, 10:50 AM)GrimmForum Wrote: At one point, I think it was either IMDB or Wikipedia, but it said his name was

Spoiler :
Eddie Monroe

In fact, if you search "Eddie Monroe Grimm" on Google, you will find many news articles about "Eddie Monroe", like this one here.

I had thought I read that but I wasn't sure. I didn't want to mislead anyone so I refrained form post. Thanks.

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - pale boy - 03-27-2013

(03-26-2013, 10:50 AM)GrimmForum Wrote: At one point, I think it was either IMDB or Wikipedia, but it said his name was

Spoiler :
Eddie Monroe

I heard the name before a while back, but it turned out that it wasn't canon. The name came from an early casting sheet from what it looks like:

name mentioned here
and here

Although if they use his original name, it has the appropriate meaning. But
Spoiler :
maybe they didn't want that one because of Twilight (lol)?

Or the writers thought he sounded more mysterious with just one name. I dunno.

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - GrimmForum - 03-28-2013

(03-27-2013, 09:12 PM)pale boy Wrote:

Spoiler :
Eddie Monroe

I heard the name before a while back, but it turned out that it wasn't canon. The name came from an early casting sheet from what it looks like:

name mentioned here
and here

Although if they use his original name, it has the appropriate meaning. But
Spoiler :
maybe they didn't want that one because of Twilight (lol)?

Or the writers thought he sounded more mysterious with just one name. I dunno.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for posting that article up as it clarified things, the first one says:

Spoiler :
On the eve of the show’s second episode, Mitchell met with TV writers during a press call, noting that his character's name is Monroe - just Monroe. “Somehow the name Eddie Monroe mistakenly got out there and now everyone assumes my character’s name is Eddie Monroe - for the record it’s just Monroe."

So then... I guess Monroe's name is still a mystery.

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - Martyr - 03-28-2013

I hope it's just Monroe.

RE: What is Monroe's Name? - pale boy - 03-29-2013

(03-28-2013, 06:33 PM)Martyr Wrote: I hope it's just Monroe.

Wolf Madonna, then. Wink

Hah, just had a terrible thought: maybe his name is something something so terrible that he bans anyone from saying it. For this, I nominate Marion. Connections to John Wayne, sounds close to Marilyn Monroe, entirely embarrassing.