Grimm Forum
Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. (/Thread-Why-Can-Monroe-Go-Blutbad)

Pages: 1 2

Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - GrimminFlorida1 - 03-24-2013

He said during the 1st episode he keeps his Blutbad side hidden and under control. I remember in one episode he changed into his inner self to keep Rosalee safe. He's changed somewhat but when near her he's less harmful.

Can Monroe change somewhat but keep his cool because he's around Rosalee?

RE: Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - dragonmischief - 03-24-2013

Big Grin
(03-24-2013, 09:42 AM)GrimminFlorida1 Wrote: He said during the 1st episode he keeps his Blutbad side hidden and under control. I remember in one episode he changed into his inner self to keep Rosalee safe. He's changed somewhat but when near her he's less harmful.

It's called loved Heart Smile

RE: Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - pale boy - 03-24-2013

(03-24-2013, 09:42 AM)GrimminFlorida1 Wrote: He said during the 1st episode he keeps his Blutbad side hidden and under control. I remember in one episode he changed into his inner self to keep Rosalee safe. He's changed somewhat but when near her he's less harmful.

He does seem to have a lot of control. And he doesn't really like to Woge around Rosalee, I agree. A lot of other Wesen really don't like Blutbaden, so I could see him keeping that wolfy side in check around her.

I think part of it is also that Monroe is a vegan (amongst other things). Eating no meat keeps him less aggressive than other Blutbaden.

Since I wasn't too sure, I went looking. From the ever helpful Grimm Wiki:

Quote:... As a Blutbad, Monroe has all the standard capabilities of his race. Strength, speed, resilience, acute senses — all these attributes present while in human form are enhanced even further when he morphs into his Wesen form. Furthermore, as a Wieder Blutbad, Monroe states that he's much weaker compared to what he otherwise would be had he been living out in the wild, hinting that he has yet to reach his full potential due to the civilized lifestyle that he chose. But in exchange, he has demonstrated sufficient control over his Woge, and has shown being able to partially enter it, selectively morphing parts of his body at will ...

Source <---spoiler warning if you go to the grimm.wikia.com ... a lot of pages there are pretty much gigantic spoilers. But the site is really, really useful.

(I've kind of been in love with the Grimm Wiki lately. Sorry, guys.)

So I think that a combination of Monroe's lifestyle as a Wieder and his affection for Rosalee would definitely keep him from changing around her.

RE: Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - GrimminFlorida1 - 05-13-2013

I just thought of some thing awesome we haven't seen about Monroe yet. Socks, what do his socks look like?

RE: Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - the-epic-prince - 05-13-2013

(05-13-2013, 06:53 AM)GrimminFlorida1 Wrote: I just thought of some thing awesome we haven't seen about Monroe yet. Socks, what do his socks look like?

I think in one episode we saw him wearing socks but I don't know which one.Confused

RE: Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - Lou - 05-14-2013

Socks??
You guys are weird.
But we should check out his shoes. If he is really vegan he should be wearing non-leather shoes. They are pretty easy to find here in Northern California. Probably not so much in the PNW. But he could always order them online.

RE: Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - dragonmischief - 05-14-2013

We are looking at feet now? LOL Grimm is on today, Yeah!!

RE: Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - Sandy Flinch - 05-22-2013

Maybe Blutbads are more wild then other wessen. I mean think about it, we've seen other Blutbads on the show and they were crazy as hell. plus in some way he still shows his wolf side, marking around his house, how he met nick,the way he berried his ex when she died, how he protected rosalee. personally i think if he doesn't want that life, he needs to control every aspect of his life. as to the vegan thing for him only means food, i doubt wearing leather will make him wogge

RE: Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - HellJacket - 05-22-2013

(03-24-2013, 09:42 AM)GrimminFlorida1 Wrote: He said during the 1st episode he keeps his Blutbad side hidden and under control.
It seems like there are a few different arguments at work in this thread, but I just want to repeat an important maxim. Everything in a TV show's pilot (especially in the 1st episode of Grimm) is BS. There. I hope that clears everything up. If you would like my indepth discussion of all the BS in Grimm's pilot, go to the following link.

Things that Make Absolutely No Sense from the Pilot

Let me know if this board has a problem posting link to other message boards. If so, I'll copy the content here.

RE: Why Can Monroe Go Blutbad. - Charles Mosteller - 05-25-2013

(05-22-2013, 10:35 AM)HellJacket Wrote: If you would like my indepth discussion of all the BS in Grimm's pilot, go to the following link.

Things that Make Absolutely No Sense from the Pilot

From that link:

1. Monroe's comment that someone must have recently died in Nick's family in regard Nick's discovery of his grimm powers. I'm tackling this one first since it shows up in so many threads. It's also regularly used to support the next point. Nick's mother clearly didn't believe this nonsense. She and Aunt Marie discovered their powers while their grandfather was still alive. In fact, Nick discovers his powers while his mother was still alive. Yeah, let's just forget about this comment ever happening.

Monroe speaks from his perspective, a perspective colored by a combination of either experience and/or opinion. Before, Nick, how many Grimms had Monroe met, and knew, and conversed with?

My point being this: What Wesen believe to be true about Grimms may or may not necessarily actually be true, and vice versa.

Did Aunt Marie and Nick's Mother believe that it was possible for Grimms and Wesen to become friends? Nick and Monroe have demonstrated that it is, indeed, possible.

Perhaps Wesen believe that new Grimms obtain their powers, whenever someone in the Grimm's family dies. Wesen view Grimm as the equivalent of bogeymen. Wesen have their own "lore" about Grimm, it seems. Could it be that such "lore" is not 100% accurate?