Grimm Forum
Stupid Theory Thread - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Stupid Theory Thread (/Thread-Stupid-Theory-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Stupid Theory Thread - pale boy - 03-08-2014

I won't lie. Of all the things I think about regarding shows and "fan theories", a vast majority of mine are tear-inducingly dumb. This thread is a place for stuff like that. Feel free to vent the oddities here; it's a safe space, folks.

The theory on why Portland has so many Wesen:

"Hellmouth, Oregon"

If anyone here is a fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, you'll know what I'm talking about. For those who aren't, just think of it like this: a Hellmouth (in Buffy terms) is a confluence of mystical energy where bad spooky stuff gathers. In BtVS, that was fictional Sunnydale; in Grimm, it's Portland. The city attracts Wesen and other apparently supernatural creatures or phenomenona because it's a hotspot, possibly one with some magic at the core that makes it the perfect place for non-Muggles to converge.

Yep. That's about it. Anyone else have any weird theories about Grimm or the characters in the show?

RE: Stupid Theory Thread - parsonii - 03-08-2014

I have no problem that Portland's wesen population has reached a staggering 50% (wild guess) and super cop Nick & Hank getting 50% (100%) of all Portland's homicide cases and they were all committed by wesen. It'd, however, be nice if they throw in a blurb, like a quick conversation with Monroe and comment on why wesens are drawn to Portland.=D

RE: Stupid Theory Thread - manal18 - 03-09-2014

It is too much stupid story and unable to read.

RE: Stupid Theory Thread - FräuleinWunderlich - 03-10-2014

If my memory is right the writers said on twitter Portland is pretty famous for Wesen because you have so much nature.
How is Portlands backround? It has a Port(and land Wink ) what means pilgram may arrived PDX and refugees also.We know Monroes grandfather came from germany (ww2 refugees?)and calvert sounds irish(great potato famine maybe), we saw the french boulangerie(european colonialisation). We also know Wesen fight in the royal armee and I don't think they did it voluntary most of the time. What if the Grimms are responsible for make the royal armee bigger and bigger?and when a Wesen don't want to fight for them they get killed by the Grimm. To get out of this stuff and save their families, some Wesen fled into the new world. It would explain why Portland has so much Wesen but no Grimm. Grimms where to busy to follow them

RE: Stupid Theory Thread - pale boy - 03-10-2014

(03-10-2014, 11:11 AM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: If my memory is right the writers said on twitter Portland is pretty famous for Wesen because you have so much nature.

Interesting. So either they like hiking trails or nature is inherently attractive to Wesen ... Wink

RE: Stupid Theory Thread - Elkhound - 03-11-2014

Actually, I think the Hellmouth theory is a good one.

RE: Stupid Theory Thread - FräuleinWunderlich - 03-11-2014

(03-10-2014, 06:48 PM)pale boy Wrote:
(03-10-2014, 11:11 AM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: If my memory is right the writers said on twitter Portland is pretty famous for Wesen because you have so much nature.

Interesting. So either they like hiking trails or nature is inherently attractive to Wesen ... Wink

Both! Or they makeing jokes to our fans again... Sometimes I think that their favorite hobbyDodgy

RE: Stupid Theory Thread - speakeasy - 03-12-2014

Portland being a sort of Hellmouth works for me because it adds to the mystique of Portland, and helps explain how the population is divided up so evenly. The idea also has familiarity for me because I'm a big fan of BtVS from years back. One important distinction I hope is present in Portland is that it is not a portal but merely a magnet for wesen. Would prefer to have no portals because although the wesen world can appear fantastical, it still seems grounded in the reality of the everyday one we live in. Although, with the introduction of little Miss Future Bride of Satan, we may be drifting more into that area. Big Grin

One thing I've been wondering about is whether the Resistance is comprised solely of wesen. It seems the reason for it's existence is a wesen one, but we aren't told if there are humans in its ranks or not - but most of those featured seem to be simple homo-sapiens without the special enhancements. Exclamation

RE: Stupid Theory Thread - Elkhound - 03-13-2014

(03-12-2014, 11:24 AM)speakeasy Wrote: One thing I've been wondering about is whether the Resistance is comprised solely of wesen. It seems the reason for it's existence is a wesen one, but we aren't told if there are humans in its ranks or not - but most of those featured seem to be simple homo-sapiens without the special enhancements. Exclamation

I can't remember seeing any of them Wolga; perhaps the ones we've seen have been half-bloods.

(The Captain's mother is a Hexenbeast, but when Wolga-ed only half his face looks like a rotting corpse, and he doesn't seem to have the spellcasting/potionmaking capabilities [or does that aspect have to be taught, and he was never given that education?]. Yet Monroe said that the child of a Weisen and a normal human is one or the other--or are Hexenvolk [if that's the word] an exception?)

RE: Stupid Theory Thread - speakeasy - 03-14-2014

(03-13-2014, 10:42 AM)Elkhound Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 11:24 AM)speakeasy Wrote: One thing I've been wondering about is whether the Resistance is comprised solely of wesen. It seems the reason for it's existence is a wesen one, but we aren't told if there are humans in its ranks or not - but most of those featured seem to be simple homo-sapiens without the special enhancements. Exclamation

I can't remember seeing any of them Wolga; perhaps the ones we've seen have been half-bloods.

(The Captain's mother is a Hexenbeast, but when Wolga-ed only half his face looks like a rotting corpse, and he doesn't seem to have the spellcasting/potionmaking capabilities [or does that aspect have to be taught, and he was never given that education?]. Yet Monroe said that the child of a Weisen and a normal human is one or the other--or are Hexenvolk [if that's the word] an exception?)

The only Resistance member I can remember who woged is Ian Harmon, a Fuchsbau, who appeared in the "Cat and Mouse" episode when he was being pursued by Edgar Waltz, Hundjager.

I agree that Renard doesn't woge as fully as say, Adalind; good point. And if Zauberbiests have any special capabilities, he hasn't shown them so far. But Renard seems to be reluctant to assume his Zauberbiest form most of the time; wonder why. And I wonder if Meisner is wesen - I bet he is. And if so, what kind? I'm thinking Blutbad.