Grimm Forum
iZombie - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Discussions)
+--- Thread: iZombie (/Thread-iZombie)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

iZombie - Lou - 01-30-2014

CW is ordering a pilot, iZombie.

"in the comic, Gwen is a gravedigger who pals around with a ghost from the '60s and a were-Terrier, while in the show she's a medical student in the coroner's office who solves murders with the help of her boss and a police detective. "

While working at the morgue, she eats brains and get the memories of the deceased.

Since Rob Thomas in involved in this project, i figure its going to be like "Veronica Mars" meets "Tru Calling".
If they get an actress that's part Kirsten Bell and part Eliza Dashku, it might even be good.

RE: iZombie - Nic118 - 01-31-2014

I remember reading this comic at one point! I'm kind of tired of seeing zombies, but from what I remember it was pretty good. I'm going to have to check this out.

RE: iZombie - pale boy - 01-31-2014

Oooh, interesting. I might have reason to actually watch the CW other than the Arrow.

Reminds me passingly of Chew, in a good way. At least the eating things and getting memories part does.

Hm. I know the character Gwen is blond ... but if Summer Glau could just get her hair dyed, there just might be an actress quirky enough to pull this off ... (Yes, I have been watching Firefly again, why do you ask?)

RE: iZombie - Lou - 01-31-2014

(01-31-2014, 07:27 PM)pale boy Wrote: Oooh,

Hm. I know the character Gwen is blond ... but if Summer Glau could just get her hair dyed, there just might be an actress quirky enough to pull this off ... (Yes, I have been watching Firefly again, why do you ask?)

I think Summer is too old for the part now. You've seen her in Arrow?
How about Castle's daughter? she is about the right age.

RE: iZombie - pale boy - 02-03-2014

(01-31-2014, 08:38 PM)Lou Wrote:
(01-31-2014, 07:27 PM)pale boy Wrote: Oooh,

I think Summer is too old for the part now. You've seen her in Arrow?
How about Castle's daughter? she is about the right age.

I think the makeup on Arrow has a bit to do with it. Glau looks way different without it. This is what she was rockin' at a comic-con just last year:

Spoiler :
[Image: 30dfcbo.jpg]

Bit of a difference. (But I just think she should be in more stuff, so that's why named her before, lol. It'd be nice to see her get a bigger role.)

I haven't watched Castle since the first season, so I don't really know about that other actress. I like Nathan Fillion's acting, but don't care for his co-star.

RE: iZombie - Lou - 03-17-2015

Just watched the first episode of iZombie.
If you ever watched Tru Calling and Veronica Mars, just imagine combining Tru and Veronica. The Zombie girl is Liv. And just like Tru, Liv works in a morgue and secretly solves crimes. Well Tru actually prevented crime - but she had to solve them with just a few clues she would find on the bodies and within 24 hours.

I know a lot of us are tired of Zombies. but I think it works in sort of a campy - pop way. And at least we know what Liv, the Zombie girl is. I never figured out exactly what Tru was. Some kind of angel maybe. Anyway so what if she gets memories from the brains she eats. Its makes more sense than Tru's ability to change the past (but only just yesterday)

The actress who plays Liv, Rose McIver, has been in a lot of stuff but I don't think I've ever seen her before.

Rob Thomas, the show's creator also created Veronica Mars. And like Veronica Mars, the main character narrates the episode. Its sort of a film noir thing that worked on Veronica Mars. and I guess its necessary to this show. But to me its sort of gimmicky.
Also I imagine some fan will find even more parallels between Liv and Veronica.

When Daran Norris (veronica mars' Cliff) shows up, you wonder if there is going to be a "spot the cast of Veronica Mars and Party Down" Game going on here.

anyway, two thumbs up from me. What do you guys think?

RE: iZombie - wfmyers1207 - 03-18-2015

I watched this last night. While I think the the show has possibilities, overall I was kinda 'meh' about it.

First of all the whole zombie thing has been done to death. (Yeah, I know lousy pun.Tongue)

And the CW has never been my favorite source for programming. At my age one can only tolerate so much adolescent angst.Tongue

But this was just the pilot, it could get better as the show progresses. I guess we'll see.

RE: iZombie - Lou - 03-18-2015

(03-18-2015, 09:43 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: I watched this last night. While I think the the show has possibilities, overall I was kinda 'meh' about it.

First of all the whole zombie thing has been done to death. (Yeah, I know lousy pun.Tongue)

And the CW has never been my favorite source for programming. At my age one can only tolerate so much adolescent angst.Tongue

But this was just the pilot, it could get better as the show progresses. I guess we'll see.

Well it least it wasn't vampires.

I am also really tired of zombies. but i'll forgive this show because it is a fresh take on zombies*.

I aslo have sort of a bias - that I have mixed feelings about. When i watch a tv show, or a movie, or read a book that uses as a character, something from literature, but then changes everything about it but the name - I sort of hate that. Like you have a character named Sherlock Holmes. but he is not the same Sherlock Holmes that Doyle wrote. So my feeling is why the hell did you use the name Sherlock Holmes and not..... um... John Doe? I feel like its almost a marketing ploy. On the other had i can see why a writer may do that. Sometimes they may think they can put a fresh spin on the character. In other cases it might be just a way to avoid a few pages of explanation or descriptions. For instance, if you throw in a dwarf or an elf in your fantasy story - you don't need to explain what a dwarf or an elf is.

So in this case the Zombie may just be a convenient short cut. or it might just be a marketing ploy.

*at least i think so, i don't think i've been exposed to a rationale, intelligent, self-aware zombie before - not to mention a cute one. the reason i'm not sure is that I sort of remember a movie I didn't see but had a guy with a zombie girlfriend - but i'm real fuzzy on that

RE: iZombie - Lou - 03-18-2015

iZombie got some good reviews. Here's one
http://io9.com/izombie-is-so-good-it-makes-us-mad-at-other-tv-shows-1692233759

RE: iZombie - Lou - 03-19-2015

Ok, there was movie with a Zombie Girlfriend. Its called Life After Beth. I heard it was stupid but now i may need to check it out.