Grimm Forum
If Wesen came out... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: If Wesen came out... (/Thread-If-Wesen-came-out)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: If Wesen came out... - Hell Rell - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 08:20 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 07:55 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: The first thing that immediately popped into my mind once I saw the thread topic was the X-Men.

Currently, I think checking out The Gifted could give us a reasonable view on how this would be handled. There are mutants who just don't want to be persecuted and they tried going about it in a non-violent way but it clearly didn't work and that led to some taking extreme measures resembling BC. These mutants often come into conflict with each other rather than just humans and any semblance of peace lies way off into the future.

The series even started off with two innocent children who turned out be mutants and they got hunted down. Of course, this took place in a world where a major incident took place four years prior, and whatever Magneto and company were doing prior, but he came from the same place that the mutants do now in terms of his approach when he first tried to enact change.

Actually, Eve could be an example of what happens to a wesen who has extraordinary powers.

That's very possible. I think the creation of Eve could be compared to the Hound program.

RE: If Wesen came out... - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 02-26-2018

I think we would have a scenery very close to X-Man.
We would have a group of normal humans trying to be friends of the wesen. The majority of society trying to kill them. In the wesen case, we would have some trying to be humans friends (like Xavier students) and others trying to command the world (like Magneto).

I think the only difference would be the grimm (that is neither a wesen neither a normal human). They would seeing by enemies by both sides.

RE: If Wesen came out... - dicappatore - 02-26-2018

(02-26-2018, 11:10 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 08:20 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 07:55 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: The first thing that immediately popped into my mind once I saw the thread topic was the X-Men.

Currently, I think checking out The Gifted could give us a reasonable view on how this would be handled. There are mutants who just don't want to be persecuted and they tried going about it in a non-violent way but it clearly didn't work and that led to some taking extreme measures resembling BC. These mutants often come into conflict with each other rather than just humans and any semblance of peace lies way off into the future.

The series even started off with two innocent children who turned out be mutants and they got hunted down. Of course, this took place in a world where a major incident took place four years prior, and whatever Magneto and company were doing prior, but he came from the same place that the mutants do now in terms of his approach when he first tried to enact change.

Actually, Eve could be an example of what happens to a wesen who has extraordinary powers.

That's very possible. I think the creation of Eve could be compared to the Hound program.

Careful HR, don't fall into the trap of another thread's subject "If Wesen came out...", turned into another thread becoming about a possible tertiary character, Juliette. Or like revamping an old thread "Eve/Juliette " under the "Characters" forum. You would think just about what had to be said about this "Juliette Obsession', has been covered a few times over.

RE: If Wesen came out... - irukandji - 02-27-2018

(02-26-2018, 02:46 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: I think we would have a scenery very close to X-Man.
We would have a group of normal humans trying to be friends of the wesen. The majority of society trying to kill them. In the wesen case, we would have some trying to be humans friends (like Xavier students) and others trying to command the world (like Magneto).

I think the only difference would be the grimm (that is neither a wesen neither a normal human). They would seeing by enemies by both sides.

Let's go out of the USA on this one for a bit. What would be the attitude of humans toward wesen in your country? Would China or Australia tend to look wesen differently if they came out?

RE: If Wesen came out... - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 02-27-2018

(02-27-2018, 05:36 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 02:46 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote: I think we would have a scenery very close to X-Man.

Let's go out of the USA on this one for a bit. What would be the attitude of humans toward wesen in your country? Would China or Australia tend to look wesen differently if they came out?

That is a wonderful question.
If it was in Brazil, I think in a first moment Brazilian would look at wesen with curiosity. Some would be afraid of them, but in a first moment I think we would threat them well. Since wesen doesn’t exist, I am considering how Brazilians deal with people from another countries living here. As a society, we are supporting, for example, many people running away from Syria, for example.
But, we also have some people that don’t like the people from other places or from different opinions. So we would have some of them saying that we need to fight the wesen. But I see the bad things happening too. For example, I see bad politicians using wesen in their campaigns (just like it already happen with poor people). I see the organized crime wanting to use wesen as crime soldiers. I can also see wesen as leaders of those crime groups. And that is what I think can be the biggest problem.
I see the some wesen people growing in their activities. I mean: wesen lawers (with social skills) be better them the humans lawers; Wesen politicians growing in the wesen community; wesen criminals being more effective and even more violent than the humans… See: I am not saying that all wesen will be criminals (or lawers, or whatever…). What I am saying is that some of them will be criminals and those the criminals will call more attention than the honest wesen that live his life under the radar.
I worried that once those bad wesen starts to be shown as the bad guys, the overall population starts to believe it happens with all wesen society. I am saying that because this is something that already happen here in some situations.
That is how I see a possible outcome of wesen existence in Brazil.

RE: If Wesen came out... - jsgrimm45 - 02-27-2018

Like to asked this question in a different way to see if wesen should come out. Lets say 10,000 years ago wesen and human lived would the theory of evolution say they would win out? Now in today world does the theory of evolution still work or would staying hidden work better?

RE: If Wesen came out... - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-27-2018

Since it turned out that werewolves are actually blutbaden suffering from a virus that causes them to revert to an earlier proto-blutbad form, it's probably a good bet that wesen have been around as long as homo sapiens, and have been hiding from them for all or most of that time.

RE: If Wesen came out... - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 02-27-2018

(02-27-2018, 11:54 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Like to asked this question in a different way to see if wesen should come out. Lets say 10,000 years ago wesen and human lived would the theory of evolution say they would win out? Now in today world does the theory of evolution still work or would staying hidden work better?

As far as I know, there was a period of time that there were 3 or 4 types of hominoids living at the same time on Earth.
For same reason, only Homo sapiens survived until today. The others were destroyed or mixed to the Homo sapiens specie. DNA analysis says, for example, that we have a small amount of Neanderthal DNA in our DNA today.
Using this to your post, I would make a different question: based on our real timeline, do you think it would be possible to exist two different intelligent species?
Think about the begging of time. Homo Sapiens and Homo Neanderthal had to fight against other animals and for food. One of them probably found a good place to stay for a while but the other probably starts a battle the take good place. Now consider wesen in this scenario. They would have advantage in the survival battle because they would have conditions to fight animals and the others hominoids. My point is: if in beginning of evolution there humans and wesen and if wesen had the same cognitive capacity of humans, only wesen would exist today. Humans would be incorporated or destroyed by them, just as it happened between Homo Sapiens and Homo Neanderthal.
Just to be clear, I am considering a scenary of wesen and humans living 200.000 years ago on earth. That time only surviving would be important.

RE: If Wesen came out... - dicappatore - 02-27-2018

(02-27-2018, 12:27 PM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 11:54 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

As far as I know, there was a period of time that there were 3 or 4 types of hominoids living at the same time on Earth.
For same reason, only Homo sapiens survived until today. The others were destroyed or mixed to the Homo sapiens specie. DNA analysis says, for example, that we have a small amount of Neanderthal DNA in our DNA today.
Using this to your post, I would make a different question: based on our real timeline, do you think it would be possible to exist two different intelligent species?
Think about the begging of time. Homo Sapiens and Homo Neanderthal had to fight against other animals and for food. One of them probably found a good place to stay for a while but the other probably starts a battle the take good place. Now consider wesen in this scenario. They would have advantage in the survival battle because they would have conditions to fight animals and the others hominoids. My point is: if in beginning of evolution there humans and wesen and if wesen had the same cognitive capacity of humans, only wesen would exist today. Humans would be incorporated or destroyed by them, just as it happened between Homo Sapiens and Homo Neanderthal.
Just to be clear, I am considering a scenary of wesen and humans living 200.000 years ago on earth. That time only surviving would be important.

All these last few posted theories are a great discussion but I think some of these questions were indirectly answered in the TV Show. In the show, the evolution of the Wesen strength and rise in society was curtailed by Grimms. If they were on equal numbers, or the majority once, Grimms, contributed to their diminishing numbers. As time went on and Grimms became scarce, they themselves, created their own police force to curtail their secret. Hence the "Wesen Council".

That Council was not a human or Grimm creation but a concept conceived by the Wesen themselves. Even in that fantasy world created on the show reflected a more wiser Wesen society than what some contributors wished. They realized, for what ever reason, they were the minority and would lose the war.

They also gave us in more than one occasion of Wesen, per say, wishing to "come out of the closet". The bank robbers was one example. Also, according to the old film footage Nick found in the trailer. In this fantasy world, the whole purpose of WW2 was a Wesen "coming out of the closet" movement. and in the end, we get the BC Uprising.

RE: If Wesen came out... - Robyn - 02-28-2018

I could be wrong, I barely remember the bank robber episode, but I thought they were only using their woge as convenient disguises, and the woged state provided better strength/defense against the police. Did they want to live freely as Wesen or rob banks with the best chance of not getting identified/caught?

BC for the most part was a Hitler/WW2 strategy, only it didn’t have the time and numbers to result in a similar impact. In the fictional Grimm setting, the world might not have learned Hitler was a Wesen but the war was common knowledge. No one was buzzing about BC. I didn’t get the impression BC was championing a ‘coming out of the closet’ movement so Wesen could live freely. But rather, annihilate all humans simply because they were human, with a select few BC members reigning over the entire world. BC’s policy was to also kill nonconforming Wesen. It wasn’t enough that they agreed to live freely, Wesen also had to accept BC’s rule. So it appeared to be more about establishing a dictatorship than freeing Wesen.