Grimm Forum
Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? (/Thread-Nick-and-Company-Grimms-for-Hire)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-05-2018

I think most of Nick's solo outings were probably done on his own time.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - irukandji - 02-06-2018

I'll bet his little jaunt to Germany got billed to PPD.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - New Guy - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 05:06 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'll bet his little jaunt to Germany got billed to PPD.
Iruk,
So Nick submitted an expense report to Renard who approved the air fare, car rentals, fake passports, meals, and anything else that Nick and Monroe spent and PPD paid it? LOL! Big Grin
Can you get a copy of it?
N G

Interesting, New Guy. Are you really one of the people who called Renard corrupt, but yet you can't fathom he'd approve an out of country trip for ""his grimm""? Really?

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - dicappatore - 02-06-2018

(02-05-2018, 01:30 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: PPB has been understaffed for years, which has led to officers typically running up high amounts of OT. Also, the standard work hours for PPB officers are four 10-hour days per week, so even without OT, you'd be seeing Nick and Hank working both daylight and night hours.

This is not being directed to you, Face, as I am replying to your post. When you have a contributor on this forum, claiming to have had a parent in law enforcement. Then points fingers at a fictional character on a fictional TV show for exploiting their on-the-job hours to make money as being corrupt? Make one wonder about their honesty.

I have friends, acquaintances and some far relatives in Law enforcement. None of them work a 40 hour work week. Even one person that was a Civilian Property Clerk at a local precinct, I used to live in, got paid to work overtime.

For someone to accuse a homicide detective, such as Nick, that has no control of his working hours requirements, yet claims to know Law Enforcement must be applying the same rules as they do when posting, on these threads, opinions as facts.

As far as I know, criminals aren't privy to police schedules to check and see when it is time to commit a crime. If they did have that knowledge, they would probably commit their infraction when the cops were off duty. Maybe, JUST MAYBE! That is why, in most large, medium, and including smaller cities, have police, sheriffs and state troopers (Law Enforcement) working 3 shits per day and most likely on rotating shifts.

Something this convoluted contributor seems to overlook, with their blind obsession to make up shitz about a fictional character like Nick by accusing him of making up his own overtime, by accusing him of going around and killing Wesen or neglecting his GF, Juliette.

Take the night she finally divulged to Nick she became a Hexenbiest. Some contributors accused him of walking out on her. IMO, he was more disappointed for not telling him first than what she became. He did not move out, he want out for a walk to think things out and got called out on a case.

Lo and Behold, YES, criminals do commit crimes after hours. maybe he should have told her, but the bitch had been living with him for years and she should have been well aware of his unscheduled working hours. Just like this contributor that claims to have had a parent in Law Enforcement.

I mean, look at the title of this thread? "Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire?" After watching 6 seasons, well actually five and a half seasons. Ridiculous, is an understatement!

(02-06-2018, 06:21 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 05:06 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'll bet his little jaunt to Germany got billed to PPD.
Iruk,
So Nick submitted an expense report to Renard who approved the air fare, car rentals, fake passports, meals, and anything else that Nick and Monroe spent and PPD paid it? LOL! Big Grin
N G

Sniff, sniff. NG, looks like someone is trying to, AGAIN, make an a convoluted, baseless, contrived opinion into a fact?

I got the impression he took time off, like vacation time, to go to Germany. I thought he went there in secret form Sean, since he wasn't aware that by now he had 5 keys. I thought, after he returned with "The Stick", he kept it as a secret from Sean for a few episodes.

But what do I know, I was just paying attention to watching the show! I guess I missed out the part when He went to Sean and explained it all and get approval and re-reimbursement. It must have been the one episode I missed in Season 3 & 1/4, Episode 32!

My my, who'd have thought some would be so touchy over their hero doing his little grimm thing for pay?

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Hell Rell - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 06:52 AM)irukandji Wrote: My my, who'd have thought some would be so touchy over their hero doing his little grimm thing for pay?

You would have a point if it were true. It's just being pointed out that it's not true. It has nothing to do with being sensitive. Even here, you state it like it's a fact.

As for Renard knowing about Germany, he didn't know. Nick didn't want Renard to know he was searching for the treasure. Therefore, there's no way he did that on the company dime. Nick going to Germany would send all kinds of bells ringing in Renard's head. Renard didn't even know he found the treasure until there was a few episodes left in the series.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Henry of green - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 06:52 AM)irukandji Wrote: My my, who'd have thought some would be so touchy over their hero doing his little grimm thing for pay?

People are touchy because you make bs up simply because you don’t like the charecter, if it had any basis whatsoever in show people wouldn’t have a problem but it’s made up. Renard was the one making money because of his activities outside the precinct not Nick. Renard didn’t have a clue Nick was going to Germany, Nick just told Renard he was going out of town for a few days, so the police department hardly paid for his trip. You just can’t accept the fact Nick is a hero in this show, he’s the good guy if you don’t like tough, the shows about him.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - dicappatore - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 06:21 AM)New Guy Wrote:
Iruk,
N G

(02-06-2018, 08:03 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:

You would have a point if it were true. It's just being pointed out that it's not true. It has nothing to do with being sensitive. Even here, you state it like it's a fact.

As for Renard knowing about Germany, he didn't know. Nick didn't want Renard to know he was searching for the treasure. Therefore, there's no way he did that on the company dime. Nick going to Germany would send all kinds of bells ringing in Renard's head. Renard didn't even know he found the treasure until there was a few episodes left in the series.

(02-06-2018, 08:41 AM)Henry of green Wrote:

People are touchy because you make bs up simply because you don’t like the charecter, if it had any basis whatsoever in show people wouldn’t have a problem but it’s made up. Renard was the one making money because of his activities outside the precinct not Nick. Renard didn’t have a clue Nick was going to Germany, Nick just told Renard he was going out of town for a few days, so the police department hardly paid for his trip. You just can’t accept the fact Nick is a hero in this show, he’s the good guy if you don’t like tough, the shows about him.

My question is why is this contributor still allowed to post on this forum. It accuses others of changing thread topics, rehashing up old post and just make shitz up. After confronted of the lies, “IT”, threatens to report them of name calling. Yet, “IT” has done the exact same thing, in addition to post stuff completely made up.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - eric - 02-06-2018

There were times when the Grimm work matched up with his regular job. The stake out at the park when Truble was tagging along, for example. Not sure about police, but when most of us get OT we need to show what we were doing--filling out overdue paper work, talking with customers(crooks, in Nick's case. The book keepers and payroll clerks tend to get suspicious and report to headquarters. Even Renard could have helped with that.