Grimm Forum
Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? (/Thread-Nick-and-Company-Grimms-for-Hire)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - eric - 02-05-2018

(02-04-2018, 08:49 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 07:29 PM)eric Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 05:30 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 04:37 PM)eric Wrote: Okay, Nick was not hired by and for Renard. Trouble and Eve were hired by by HW, but no one else on the gang was ever paid. They worked to protect the good from the bad. Why do you think the kids would be different?

Do you really see Diana as charitable and so she's giving out freebie wesen exterminations?
I never saw a young child who was "charitable", but if its a family tradition, I can see an adult performing a public service.

I'm talking about Diana as an adult.
Me too. If there is a family tradition, I can see an adult continuing in the work.

(02-04-2018, 10:11 PM)dicappatore Wrote: I guess you'll must have missed (cough) Season 1&3/4, Episode 38 when Nick's paycheck was clearly seen signed by Sean Renard and drawn from his Royal Highness personal bank account.

Then, sometime in Season 4, Nick sent Juliette over to shag Sean as an appreciation for keeping him on the payroll and to continue his employment. That wasn't disloyalty, she was just being grateful.
Gee, I must have really missed a lot while watching those episodes. I don't know how backwoods places like Portland operate, but in the modern swamps of Louisiana(see Swamp People), the captains on the police department do not pay their officers out of their own bank account. The detectives are part of the local government, and that is who pays them. I also missed the part where Nick sent Juliette to be "shagged" by Renard. First time I've seen that suggested on this forum. By the way, sorry about that cough, there's a lot of that going around right(wheeze and sneeze)now.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - dicappatore - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 06:50 AM)eric Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 05:30 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 04:37 PM)eric Wrote: Okay, Nick was not hired by and for Renard. Trouble and Eve were hired by by HW, but no one else on the gang was ever paid. They worked to protect the good from the bad. Why do you think the kids would be different?

Do you really see Diana as charitable and so she's giving out freebie wesen exterminations?
I never saw a young child who was "charitable", but if its a family tradition, I can see an adult performing a public service.

Me too. If there is a family tradition, I can see an adult continuing in the work.

(02-04-2018, 10:11 PM)dicappatore Wrote: I guess you'll must have missed (cough) Season 1&3/4, Episode 38 when Nick's paycheck was clearly seen signed by Sean Renard and drawn from his Royal Highness personal bank account.

Then, sometime in Season 4, Nick sent Juliette over to shag Sean as an appreciation for keeping him on the payroll and to continue his employment. That wasn't disloyalty, she was just being grateful.
Gee, I must have really missed a lot while watching those episodes. I don't know how backwoods places like Portland operate, but in the modern swamps of Louisiana(see Swamp People), the captains on the police department do not pay their officers out of their own bank account. The detectives are part of the local government, and that is who pays them. I also missed the part where Nick sent Juliette to be "shagged" by Renard. First time I've seen that suggested on this forum. By the way, sorry about that cough, there's a lot of that going around right(wheeze and sneeze)now.

Just one other fact, when I cough, a shoe doesn't shoot out of my mouth as a result of, "La-Foot-In-La-Mouth Syndrome". I cannot vouch for some others!

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - eric - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 08:11 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 06:50 AM)eric Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 05:30 PM)irukandji Wrote: Do you really see Diana as charitable and so she's giving out freebie wesen exterminations?

Just one other fact, when I cough, a shoe doesn't shoot out of my mouth as a result of, "La-Foot-In-La-Mouth Syndrome". I cannot vouch for some others!
Not sure who suffers from that syndrome, you should send them a get well card.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - irukandji - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 06:50 AM)eric Wrote: Me too. If there is a family tradition, I can see an adult continuing in the work.

Indeed, but seeing how lucrative it was for Nick, I can see the kids wanting a piece of the pie too. In other words, nothing for free.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Hell Rell - 02-05-2018

It sure was lucrative for Nick. That handiwork from Bud and friends and those delicious pies Bud's wife baked made being a Grimm worth it.

Oh I'm sure it was lucrative for Nick.....all that overtime as a grimm. He'd have never been able to log all that as a detective.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - dicappatore - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 11:25 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: It sure was lucrative for Nick. That handiwork from Bud and friends and those delicious pies Bud's wife baked made being a Grimm worth it.

HR, I guess you and a few others, missed the episode in Season 1 & 3/4, Episode 39. That's the episode when Nick travels to NY City and opens up a Pie/Quilt & Stuff Shop, across from Trump Towers and cleans up, with all those pies, quilts and other stuff he keeps sending, from Portland.

How else was he able to afford to buy that whole frekin forest around his plot of land, where he kept that, brand spankin new, Silver trailer with Gold accent, he purchased, directly from "Tiffany' & Co.", right across the street from his Pie/Quilt & Stuff Shop, in NYC.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-05-2018

PPB has been understaffed for years, which has led to officers typically running up high amounts of OT. Also, the standard work hours for PPB officers are four 10-hour days per week, so even without OT, you'd be seeing Nick and Hank working both daylight and night hours.

RE: Nick and Company.......Grimms for Hire? - Hell Rell - 02-05-2018

(02-05-2018, 01:13 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 11:25 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: It sure was lucrative for Nick. That handiwork from Bud and friends and those delicious pies Bud's wife baked made being a Grimm worth it.

HR, I guess you and a few others, missed the episode in Season 1 & 3/4, Episode 39. That's the episode when Nick travels to NY City and opens up a Pie/Quilt & Stuff Shop, across from Trump Towers and cleans up, with all those pies, quilts and other stuff he keeps sending, from Portland.

How else was he able to afford to buy that whole frekin forest around his plot of land, where he kept that, brand spankin new, Silver trailer with Gold accent, he purchased, directly from "Tiffany' & Co.", right across the street from his Pie/Quilt & Stuff Shop, in NYC.

Nick was cleaning up. He was so diabolical yet admirable in the way he made his fortune. Nick even managed to buy a house in a major american city and have a nice car well before anyone even knew he was a Grimm.

And now I wonder how many karats that ring he bought Juliette had. It was nothing but the finest for Nick so I'm sure it was studded with diamonds as well.

(02-05-2018, 01:30 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: PPB has been understaffed for years, which has led to officers typically running up high amounts of OT. Also, the standard work hours for PPB officers are four 10-hour days per week, so even without OT, you'd be seeing Nick and Hank working both daylight and night hours.

I think in Nick's case, he'd be running up even higher numbers, including times when he wasn't accompanied by Hank.