Grimm Forum
Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters (/Thread-Top-ten-worst-things-the-writers-did-to-the-characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - syscrash - 01-31-2018

Sean was never really part of team. Sean saw Nick as a good asset. Nick saw Sean as good for giving him cover when dealing with Grimm crimes. Remember Sean saving Juliette was not out loyalty or his consideration for Nick or Juliette. He did it like Sean said. Juliette keeps Nick anchored to Portland. From the shows stand point. It eliminated the need for Nick and Hank from having to continually come up with lame excuses. Even in season six, it was Sean knowledge that they wanted not his help.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - irukandji - 02-01-2018

(01-31-2018, 10:51 PM)syscrash Wrote: Sean saw Nick as a good asset. Nick saw Sean as good for giving him cover when dealing with Grimm crimes.

These were both dumb moves on the part of the writers because they buttonholed both Sean and Nick. Sean was never really able to utilize Nick as an asset. And Nick, for all his abilities, never made any major accomplishments as a grimm while working for Sean.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Hell Rell - 02-01-2018

I'm saying it definitely felt like Renard was more on Team Grimm instead of just an ally that needed to be tolerated. They came too close to making him a good guy which is why his turn in season felt so jarring. It may have worked in season 3 but it was too late in season 5.

For example, Renard played a large role in Wesenrein. He was needed to rescue Monroe and it seemed like he wanted to do it just as much as everyone else. Renard looked like he was a part of the group. That swerve he made to BC came out of nowhere.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - irukandji - 02-11-2018

(02-01-2018, 08:18 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I'm saying it definitely felt like Renard was more on Team Grimm instead of just an ally that needed to be tolerated. They came too close to making him a good guy which is why his turn in season felt so jarring. It may have worked in season 3 but it was too late in season 5.

For example, Renard played a large role in Wesenrein. He was needed to rescue Monroe and it seemed like he wanted to do it just as much as everyone else. Renard looked like he was a part of the group. That swerve he made to BC came out of nowhere.

If wesen crime was all that big of a deal as we were led to believe, I don't know why Sean was on the opposite side of the team from day one.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Robyn - 02-11-2018

Nick’s benefit to Renard within the WoW structure is limited to making his precinct look good which made him look good. Surely there was a drastic decline in unsolved murders. At least once, another precinct requested Nick & Hank because of their obvious success with ‘strange’ homicide cases. Other than that, having a Grimm under his command mostly provided clout when dealing with disagreeable Wesen associates.

I always assumed Renard wanting a Grimm ally was part of the Royals back story. His ultimate goal appeared to be eventually taking down the Royals, and a Grimm along with the Resistance were his ‘big guns’ when the time came. But the Royals story was redirected from Renard & the keys to the super powerful baby. Relegated to the role of a Ripper-possessed victim, Renard wasn’t involved when Nick & team went up against the Royals in S4, he wasn’t even interested in taking possession of Diana just to deny his father having her.

Hell Rell makes a good point. Renard had become so placid that his S5 power grab with BC didn’t feel right. Even Roiz brought up to the writers that Renard needed to rediscover his purpose. Problem is, the writers went with a coup de tête instead of reminding viewers that the masterfully manipulative S1 character had been simply biding his time.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - dicappatore - 02-12-2018

(02-01-2018, 08:18 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I'm saying it definitely felt like Renard was more on Team Grimm instead of just an ally that needed to be tolerated. They came too close to making him a good guy which is why his turn in season felt so jarring. It may have worked in season 3 but it was too late in season 5.

You make a great point HR. This is what the writers gave us about this character. Was it wrong or was it right? Was it confusing? Was it what most viewers wanted? Was it what most viewers did not want to see him as you stated? Or, does it even matter?

Once you starts to type down an analysis or formulate an opinion of this character or any other character, and try to interpret their behaviors, it should be based on what he did on the screen, oops, here comes the "snide" remarks. It should be based on what they do on the screen not what some dim-wit viewers fantasy can concoct based on made up facts.

If your opinion is challenged, use the scrip, deleted scenes, interviews of the cast and the whole creative team you can dig up to support your conclusion.

Take the latest stupid opinionated claim someone wrote about the PPD paying Nick's trip to Germany. That stupidity was concocted to support another idiocy that Nick owed Sean an explanation about the trip to Germany and it's purpose, or vice-versa. It is hard to keep up with such absurdity. Where is that scene, script, interview, any sliver of evidence or logic that can make that a reality. The character Nick didn't even use his true name to travel with.

Once the composer of that false reality was confronted with all the supporting evidence that it was inconceivable to even consider the possibility that the PPD paid for it. They squirm and weave and make up more lies, sometimes re-direct the argument or claim the writers must have omitted facts or blame it to poor writing, to try to prove their point.

To me, insulting one's intelligence is a lot worse that being sarcastic, making "snide" remarks or calling someone names, such as dim-witted. If you wish to insult someone's intelligence then be prepared to deal with the consequences.

I know, it is hard for some to think straight, being light headed, when the flow of blood bringing oxygen to the brain is cut off when one's foot is in one's MOUTH!

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Hexenadler - 02-13-2018

Eve still pisses me off to this day. She was a terrible idea on numerous levels. First, G&K were blatantly ripping off the Fred/Illyria arc from "Angel," except in Illyria's case, she really WAS a completely different character, i.e. a demonic goddess occupying Fred's dead body. There was nothing remotely supernatural involved in Juliette's "resurrection," which made her assertion that she was a whole new entity onto herself total baloney. Secondly, there's no way in HELL Meisner could have brainwashed, trained, and conditioned Juliette into a super-soldier automaton in less than a fortnight, I don't care how good he is.

Thirdly, it's obvious the writers felt that the fans would "move on" from the devastating turn of events in season four and flat-out accept Eve as an entirely different character separate from Juliette, and if they didn't, well...too bad. I can't speak for everybody else, but I saw her as Juliette refusing to take accountability for her actions, which made her presence all the more unbearable. The fact most of the cast nonchalantly went along with her claim she wasn't Juliette only quadrupled my frustration. You'd think Nick would have smacked Eve across the face for that "stop living in the past" comment at the very least, Hadrian's Wall and Hexenbiest powers be damned.

Bad form, G&K. Bad form.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - dicappatore - 02-13-2018

(02-13-2018, 05:55 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: Eve still pisses me off to this day. She was a terrible idea on numerous levels. First, G&K were blatantly ripping off the Fred/Illyria arc from "Angel," except in Illyria's case, she really WAS a completely different character, i.e. a demonic goddess occupying Fred's dead body. There was nothing remotely supernatural involved in Juliette's "resurrection," which made her assertion that she was a whole new entity onto herself total baloney. Secondly, there's no way in HELL Meisner could have brainwashed, trained, and conditioned Juliette into a super-soldier automaton in less than a fortnight, I don't care how good he is.

Thirdly, it's obvious the writers felt that the fans would "move on" from the devastating turn of events in season four and flat-out accept Eve as an entirely different character separate from Juliette, and if they didn't, well...too bad. I can't speak for everybody else, but I saw her as Juliette refusing to take accountability for her actions, which made her presence all the more unbearable. The fact most of the cast nonchalantly went along with her claim she wasn't Juliette only quadrupled my frustration. You'd think Nick would have smacked Eve across the face for that "stop living in the past" comment at the very least, Hadrian's Wall and Hexenbiest powers be damned.

Bad form, G&K. Bad form.

I never accepted all that crap myself, especially for not taken responsibility for what she did. They should have left her dead. I also didn't like the way Nick was accepting her as Eve or Evette, after her stick healing.

But be honest. You are just pissed off, you didn't see Eve, walking around in her tight black leather ensemble with a chain connected to Nick's black leather dog collar on all four, while hin, wearing only a black leather bikini.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - New Guy - 02-13-2018

(02-13-2018, 05:55 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: Eve still pisses me off to this day. She was a terrible idea on numerous levels. First, G&K were blatantly ripping off the Fred/Illyria arc from "Angel," except in Illyria's case, she really WAS a completely different character, i.e. a demonic goddess occupying Fred's dead body. There was nothing remotely supernatural involved in Juliette's "resurrection," which made her assertion that she was a whole new entity onto herself total baloney. Secondly, there's no way in HELL Meisner could have brainwashed, trained, and conditioned Juliette into a super-soldier automaton in less than a fortnight, I don't care how good he is.

Bad form, G&K. Bad form.
Hi Hexenadler,
I agree with and enjoyed reading your post.
On many occasions I have posted my regret that the promotional photo of Juliette in her casket was only Nick dreaming. Even FrankenEve said "y only regret is that you didn't have a chance to bury Juliette."
One can only speculate how many episodes and seasons Grimm would have if Juliette was six feet under.
[Image: p7894843_b_v8_ab.jpg]
Wow, a green hearse. Perfect color for a dead hexenbiest! Big Grin
Best!
N G

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - dicappatore - 02-13-2018

(02-13-2018, 10:57 AM)New Guy Wrote:

Bad form, G&K. Bad form.
Hi Hexenadler,
I agree with and enjoyed reading your post.
On many occasions I have posted my regret that the promotional photo of Juliette in her casket was only Nick dreaming. Even FrankenEve said "y only regret is that you didn't have a chance to bury Juliette."
One can only speculate how many episodes and seasons Grimm would have if Juliette was six feet under.
[Image: p7894843_b_v8_ab.jpg]
Wow, a green hearse. Perfect color for a dead hexenbiest! Big Grin
Best!
N G

WTF. Hell NO! Green is my favorite color. A hearse should be black. Ok for Juliette? Maybe orange or red. Or black with a big red dot!