Grimm Forum
Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters (/Thread-Top-ten-worst-things-the-writers-did-to-the-characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Henry of green - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 02:09 AM)syscrash Wrote: I think creating Eve was a good thing. The leather and high heel boots put her on par with the other female action characters on the other stations. Thea as Speedy was in red leather, Skye as Quake was in black leather, and Sarah as Black Canary was in black leather. now that Sarah is on a new show the suit is white leather, much better then the old outfit. I do think it is funny that each of these characters are fighters yet the outfits come with high heel boots. Don't the writers realize for a fighter that is extremely impractical. At least on wonder women the boots did not have high heels. To me the high heel boots was one of the worst idea they had. I tip my hat to the stunt people being able to pull off the acrobatic moves in heels.
The story line that bothered me the most was to have Adalind deliberately get pregnant with royal blood so she could sell the child to get her powers back. I am glad that they gave her a change of heart. Even though she did sign the contract and get her powers. I would have rather had her looking at the contract and realizing what she was about to do, and then change her mind.

What on earth do you mean look at the contract, she didn’t get time to look at any contract her hand was forced upon the paper before she got a chance to think about not signing or signing the contract. Yes Adalind was an evil bitch for planning on selling her child simply to regain her powers but at the end of the day she fell in love with Diania and decided to keep her until she was stolen by kelly and Nicks gang including Renard. Diana’s kidnapping in my opinion is one of the worst acts the writers made the characters do the scobbies really should be ashamed of themselves for taking Diana. That period during the kidnapping is the only period during the entire show in which I hated Nick.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - syscrash - 01-31-2018

So which do you think was worst. Adalind trying to sell her child. Or Nick and the gang doing what hey thought would protect Diana from victor.
Even if Adalind did not have time to read the contract. She had plenty of time to decide not to go through the process.

Because we have no idea what the contract did. or the consequence of the contract. We don't know what would happen if she did not go through the process.

Since you have an objection to Nick and the gang sending Diana away from the gang. What would you suggest they should have done. Remember Victor was going to start killing people until they gave up Diana. Also remember All Sean knew was Adadlind tried to sell their child.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Hell Rell - 01-31-2018

I think Diana in general was a bad idea and it made everyone involved with her detestable for a little while. I guess things involving Diana could go on the list regarding terrible things done to characters.

I thought making Meisner the leader of the Portland faction in HW did his character a disservice. I thought of him as a soldier and never thought of him in a position of leadership. It made his character quite dull and amping up his combat skills was a poor attempt to make him more relevant.

(01-31-2018, 02:09 AM)syscrash Wrote: Thea as Speedy was in red leather, Skye as Quake was in black leather, and Sarah as Black Canary was in black leather. now that Sarah is on a new show the suit is white leather, much better then the old outfit. I do think it is funny that each of these characters are fighters yet the outfits come with high heel boots. Don't the writers realize for a fighter that is extremely impractical. At least on wonder women the boots did not have high heels. To me the high heel boots was one of the worst idea they had. I tip my hat to the stunt people being able to pull off the acrobatic moves in heels

Aesthetically speaking, I think Thea looks the best as Speedy. She looks awesome in that costume and the the Invasion crossover made me realize how much she stands out from the others.

In terms of practicality, I think Alex Danvers wins his one. It helps that she's a DEO agent so she has an actual uniform instead of a superhero one. Daisy comes in a close second because she's an agent of Shield.

Eve probably came along for the reasons you stated. The CW shows along with AoS had women who were in the thick of the fighting and they wanted one too. Eve may be the most powerful of them all but I didn't think she was as entertaining. The women of AoS are in a league of their own due to the writing but they really had to knock it out of the park with Eve to catch up to White Canary, Alex and Thea although Alex came along around the same time.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Henry of green - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 06:03 AM)syscrash Wrote: So which do you think was worst. Adalind trying to sell her child. Or Nick and the gang doing what hey thought would protect Diana from victor.
Even if Adalind did not have time to read the contract. She had plenty of time to decide not to go through the process.

Because we have no idea what the contract did. or the consequence of the contract. We don't know what would happen if she did not go through the process.

Since you have an objection to Nick and the gang sending Diana away from the gang. What would you suggest they should have done. Remember Victor was going to start killing people until they gave up Diana. Also remember All Sean knew was Adadlind tried to sell their child.

Adalind trying to sell her child was equally as bad a crime as the kidnapping in my eyes if your okay with a grieving mother crying in the street and the gang making a fool out of her for basically the entire of 3x19 that’s fine but I’m not. Though I do admit at least the gang kidnapped Diania with good intentions in mind, unlike Adalind who was selling Diania for selfish reasons. Though the gang could have easily found a compromise like kelly actually taking Adalind with her or they could have at least had the nerve to tell Adalind were Diania really was. Also don’t get me wrong Adalind also shares a lot of blame for Diania being taken, if she hadn’t of been a sociopathic bitch in the past who tried to sell her daughter there would be no need to protect Dianna from the Royals in the first place. But if your are trying to claim it was right what Nick and the gang did to Adalind and they shouldn’t be blamed , I’m afraid I strongly disagree . I don’t totally blame Nick and the gang for doing what they done as they thought they were protecting Dianna given how Adalind behaved in the past but that doesn’t exuse them of being shameful kidnappers of a child from her mother. So yes I think the kidnapping of Diania was one of the most villainous acts committed by the scobbies no matter the intention it brought them down to villainous Adalinds level.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - brandon - 01-31-2018

Nick did not think that Adalind could be a good mother and I think Sean also thinking how.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - syscrash - 01-31-2018

Like others you say Nick and the group was wrong for the kidnapping. Yet no one has provided an alternate solution. You mentioned tell Adalind what they did. That defeats the purpose of making the Royals thing it was the resistance. Prior to the kidnapping we saw that Adalind could not keep a secrete. After the kidnapping we saw Adalind could not keep a secrete. You also suggested Kelly take Adalind along. Adalind already took off, leaving Kelly's protection. After all Adadlind had done Nick did not trust her. Sean knows she tried to sell the child. So exactly what other option did they have. To find fault without a solution is unrealistic.

An alternative solution are you serious, the solution they came to of kidnapping Diania directly led to Juliette becoming a hexenbiest and her getting Kelly killed any other solution under the sun would have been better.

It wasn’t just wrong of the gang kidnapping Diania it was also deeply stupid, the gang could have easily pulled the same trick on Viktor as the did at the airport but instead of hading her over to Kelly could have just handed her to Adalind, Viktor wouldn’t have known any better about where Diania was. Also I am sure if Kelly and Renard had of both told Adalind that Diana and her would both be safer on the run with Kelly she would have done it.
Yes Adalind fled nicks house but it’s beacuse she was scared of Nick hurting her it had nothing really to do with Kelly. Also judging by how the Royals got her anyway Diania being with Kelly was hardly that much safer than being with Adalind. I’ll tell you an alternative solution any one that doesn’t include Kelly’s head in a box and Juliette as vicious hexenbiest.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - eric - 01-31-2018

(01-31-2018, 02:09 AM)syscrash Wrote: I think creating Eve was a good thing. The leather and high heel boots put her on par with the other female action characters on the other stations. Thea as Speedy was in red leather, Skye as Quake was in black leather, and Sarah as Black Canary was in black leather. now that Sarah is on a new show the suit is white leather, much better then the old outfit. I do think it is funny that each of these characters are fighters yet the outfits come with high heel boots. Don't the writers realize for a fighter that is extremely impractical. At least on wonder women the boots did not have high heels. To me the high heel boots was one of the worst idea they had. I tip my hat to the stunt people being able to pull off the acrobatic moves in heels.
The story line that bothered me the most was to have Adalind deliberately get pregnant with royal blood so she could sell the child to get her powers back. I am glad that they gave her a change of heart. Even though she did sign the contract and get her powers. I would have rather had her looking at the contract and realizing what she was about to do, and then change her mind.
Please don't take this wrong, and I have never seen those shows, but, you do realize most graphic novels, etc. are produced by and for young males. Fantasy sexy women look great in tight leather outfits in high heals. To heck with reality outfits. Ditto for cop shows and war movies--most of those gals are too thin to subdue real life persons of interest. Starbucks in the latest version of Battlestar looked like she could, most do not. If you disagree, provide names of fantasy females who do not look that way.

I agree with you. It is also the male characters that are placed in costumes that are meant to show them how some guys wish they looked. The one common thing in the male customs is the exaggerated biceps. When they don't do it in the suite, the use body builders to play the part.

Putting the character in leather is like putting them in spandex. It is meant to accentuate the attributes of the character both male and female.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Hell Rell - 01-31-2018

I guess Xena would be the obvious choice for an atypical fantasy female warrior. I didn't watch watch it regularly but she still stands out. They did have her fight just as well in Callisto's body and also when she was nine months pregnant but that besides the point.

Back to Grimm, I think putting Renard firmly on Team Grimm in season 2 despite his shadiness was a bad move. It didn't feel consistent with the character in season 1. You could say he was a reluctant ally but he felt too much like a good guy in the latter half of the season. It almost seemed like he was originally setup as a long-term antagonist bt the writers changed their minds until season 5 came along and brought him closer to his original role. It was too late by then so him allowing BC to use him as a puppet was really jarring.