Grimm Forum
Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters (/Thread-Top-ten-worst-things-the-writers-did-to-the-characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Hexenadler - 01-28-2018

We've all posted about different issues we've taken with the characters and their actions, but it's easy to forget their behavior always boils down to what the writers did to them. Over the show's six seasons on the air, we've seen Nick & Co. commit some pretty appalling stuff; not out of a deliberate attempt to make the series "morally ambiguous," but arguably because of indifference on the part of the writers.

In your opinion, what are the worst things the writers did to the characters?

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - irukandji - 01-28-2018

(01-28-2018, 03:23 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: In your opinion, what are the worst things the writers did to the characters?

Mutilating Juliette is one that comes immediately to mind.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - dicappatore - 01-29-2018

How they went about breaking up the fairy tail romance of Nick and Juliette, starting in Season One to her, contributing to his moms death.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - eric - 01-29-2018

Following the herd, I go with Juliette going from good to bad. I had really hoped they would be a team, defeating evil with their combined powers.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - rpmaluki - 01-29-2018

(01-29-2018, 08:03 AM)eric Wrote: Following the herd, I go with Juliette going from good to bad. I had really hoped they would be a team, defeating evil with their combined powers.
I thought that's where they were heading before she confessed. It turns out we were wrong.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - Hell Rell - 01-29-2018

(01-29-2018, 08:16 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(01-29-2018, 08:03 AM)eric Wrote: Following the herd, I go with Juliette going from good to bad. I had really hoped they would be a team, defeating evil with their combined powers.
I thought that's where they were heading before she confessed. It turns out we were wrong.

I thought the same but I had a feeling she would just go bad once I saw how powerful she was getting. It's easier to make her an antagonist temporarily than have her on the team with her personality in tact with that type of power. They would no longer be challenged.

As for the worst things done to the characters, making Juliette worry about Nick killing her was one of the worst things they ever did. It never made any sense. The same goes for Adalind thinking it in the middle of season 5. It made them both look like huge idiots. It was a CW type of manufactured drama.

Nick being a hothead and attacking Renard in the precinct was cringeworthy as well.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - rpmaluki - 01-29-2018

Renard practically going full throttle as a BC proselyte.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - irukandji - 01-30-2018

Nick insulting Monroe as well as demoting him to watchdog from time to time were also among the worst things that could be done to a well liked character.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - syscrash - 01-31-2018

I think creating Eve was a good thing. The leather and high heel boots put her on par with the other female action characters on the other stations. Thea as Speedy was in red leather, Skye as Quake was in black leather, and Sarah as Black Canary was in black leather. now that Sarah is on a new show the suit is white leather, much better then the old outfit. I do think it is funny that each of these characters are fighters yet the outfits come with high heel boots. Don't the writers realize for a fighter that is extremely impractical. At least on wonder women the boots did not have high heels. To me the high heel boots was one of the worst idea they had. I tip my hat to the stunt people being able to pull off the acrobatic moves in heels.
The story line that bothered me the most was to have Adalind deliberately get pregnant with royal blood so she could sell the child to get her powers back. I am glad that they gave her a change of heart. Even though she did sign the contract and get her powers. I would have rather had her looking at the contract and realizing what she was about to do, and then change her mind.

RE: Top ten worst things the writers did to the characters - rpmaluki - 01-31-2018

Stafania made Adalind "sign" the contract before she could read it and she did change her mind.