Grimm Forum
When did Adalind Redeem herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: When did Adalind Redeem herself? (/Thread-When-did-Adalind-Redeem-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: When did Adalind Redeem herself? - Hell Rell - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 08:28 PM)izzy Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 06:30 PM)irukandji Wrote: But what if Nick had a child of his own that also lived in the fome? Would Adalind treat Nick's child as her own?

Looking at the powers of a Hexenbiest, it occurs to me, Adalind, especially if aided by Diana, can basically do whatever she wishes and simply cast an illusion that is drastically different than the reality and Nick would never know the difference. Consider it is not just a matter of illusion but the fact Nick eats the food Adalind (the sorceress) prepares.

It is a case where they create a creatures and then an amplified version in Diana that is capable of creating whatever reality they wish for Nick to think he dwells in.

To you question though Irukandji, no I do not think she would. I do not recall any stories of witches being particularly fond of other's children except as a meal.

This is a common thought I see amongst several posters. Adalind being a Hexenbiest keeps getting brought up so she's not looked at as anything but a generic witch.

For the record, Adalind hadn't cast any illusions on Nick nor did she encourage Diana to for the entirety of seasons 5 and 6. The only time she told Diana to appear before Nick was to warn him of real incoming danger.

Adalind can probably do all of the stuff you described but she never did since moving in with Nick. The witches you read about have nothing to do with Adalind. You keep attributing things to her that don't apply. We would have known if Adalind did any of the things you think she may have done because the writers would've been very blatant in showing them to us.

RE: When did Adalind Redeem herself? - izzy - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 09:48 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: This is a common thought I see amongst several posters. Adalind being a Hexenbiest keeps getting brought up so she's not looked at as anything but a generic witch.

For the record, Adalind hadn't cast any illusions on Nick nor did she encourage Diana to for the entirety of seasons 5 and 6. The only time she told Diana to appear before Nick was to warn him of real incoming danger.

Adalind can probably do all of the stuff you described but she never did since moving in with Nick. The witches you read about have nothing to do with Adalind. You keep attributing things to her that don't apply. We would have known if Adalind did any of the things you think she may have done because the writers would've been very blatant in showing them to us.

Taking everything you say as true, leaves me with one other point of conjecture. One could speculate that Adalind might only the need never arose because Nick fell in line like a puppy dog begging for a pat on the belly.

I mean with all sincerity, Nick and Adalind was one of the smoothest transitions ever. Even if you believe Adalind is 100% sincere, boy was that a smooth transition.

Nick will you lay next to me I am scared... Nick eyeing her lustily...Adalind disrobing...Nick and Adalind copulating...

Maybe she never needed to step up her game?

Hell Rell, thanks for the thoughts.

(12-29-2017, 10:01 PM)izzy Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 09:48 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: This is a common thought I see amongst several posters. Adalind being a Hexenbiest keeps getting brought up so she's not looked at as anything but a generic witch.

Taking everything you say as true, leaves me with one other point of conjecture. One could speculate that Adalind might only the need never arose because Nick fell in line like a puppy dog begging for a pat on the belly.

I mean with all sincerity, Nick and Adalind was one of the smoothest transitions ever. Even if you believe Adalind is 100% sincere, boy was that a smooth transition.

Nick will you lay next to me I am scared... Nick eyeing her lustily...Adalind disrobing...Nick and Adalind copulating...

Honestly, it all happened a bit too quickly for my tastes but I always thought that was because G&K weren't sure that they would get a season 6. Most of us in the forum didn't know if the show would get renewed until very late in season 5 so maybe they didn't either. Season 6 was shortened so there was some doubt. Nick and Adalind were the endgame so they may have felt the need to speed things up.

That being said, there's still no excuse for Nick not demanding a paternity test. I think most of us can agree on that particular bit.

RE: When did Adalind Redeem herself? - izzy - 12-29-2017

(12-29-2017, 10:16 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: That being said, there's still no excuse for Nick not demanding a paternity test. I think most of us can agree on that particular bit.

Agreed.

Along that line of reasoning, I do not recall, how did they ever settle the paternity of Diana? I know she was suppose to be either Renard or Eric's child, how did they ever narrow it down to Renard?

RE: When did Adalind Redeem herself? - irukandji - 12-29-2017

It was never clinically proven that Renard was Diana's father, but he did make the statement that she was his daughter. There were scenes of them together in the last season that were actually quite enjoyable to watch. As always that's a credit Sasha's skill as the consummate actor.

That whole plot point seemed to be dropped after Eric was killed. It probably would've been a dangling question in season 3 had the actor reprised his role. It was actually never proven that Renard was the father but at the same time he unequivocally is due to the gospel of the show. They say he's the father so that's just as good as a paternity test.

RE: When did Adalind Redeem herself? - Henry of green - 12-30-2017

(12-29-2017, 10:16 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:

Honestly, it all happened a bit too quickly for my tastes but I always thought that was because G&K weren't sure that they would get a season 6. Most of us in the forum didn't know if the show would get renewed until very late in season 5 so maybe they didn't either. Season 6 was shortened so there was some doubt. Nick and Adalind were the endgame so they may have felt the need to speed things up.

That being said, there's still no excuse for Nick not demanding a paternity test. I think most of us can agree on that particular bit.

I agree from nicks end he definitely should have asked her for a paternity test in season 4 , but may I also say unlike Renard and Diania though Kelly’s paternity was never questioned on the show and he looks excatly like Nick. So unlike Diania ,Kelly’s paternity can’t really be questioned since on the show Nick was the only possible father for Kelly. While I believe Renard is Diania's father and everything in the last 3 seasons points in that direction, though him being her father can be questioned since the show questioned it and never fully resolved it.

Izzy, Nick and Adalind didn’t become a full blown couple until season 6, the statement about them having a smooth transition is wrong Nick didn’t love Adalind when they slept togther and he was cold towards her for some of season 5. You are making it out like Nick fell at her knees and started worshipping at her alter after they slept together and that’s not the case. May I ask you respectfully did you miss large parts of the show because you seem to be missing some things. Did some things in Nick and Adalinds relationship happen too fast yes but they did what they could with time they had. Adalind fell in love too fast yes, but Nick didn’t infact Nick didn’t admit out loud to loving Adalind until 6x12 after they had been living together nearly 2 years so it was far from smooth on his end. Also as I have stated it’s perfectly within Adalinds charecter to fall hard for guys as she did in season 1 and she is always deeply loyal to the to the people she loves unless they betray her the show established that as fact. The Grimm books also state that as well as being treachous to others hexenbiests are deeply loyal to thier allies.

The writers have informed us that Adalind is a changed person as have the actors, I posted various interviews proving that. You are free to your opinion but if it doesn’t match up with the story or the information the writers and actors have given it’s simply not true. It can be true in your Au universe version of the show but it’s not canon.

Below is a personality description of Adalind from Grimm wiki that I think sums her up quite well.

Adalinds personality

Adalind is very poised and graceful, and also one to do anything for those she loves. However, as a Hexenbiest, she was also treacherous, seductive, manipulative, uncaring, and highly intelligent. Following the loss of her powers for the first time, ("Love Sick") she became more ruthless and vengeful, and although still arrogant and poised, she was well aware she was a lot weaker. She showed an uncharacteristic vulnerability when she kissed Meisner on the cheek while thanking him for saving her life. She has shown a lot more emotion since she gave birth to Diana. After she originally agreed to give her baby to Stefania after she gave birth, she was very protective of Diana and careful about who she let hold her when she had her in her possession. She has also been equally as protective of her second baby. When she learned that Sean Renard handed Diana over to Viktor, she ended up breaking down crying in the middle of a street once she realized Viktor had already left with her daughter. ("The Law of Sacrifice") She was extremely upset with Renard initially and worked with the Royals for some time in order to get Diana back. However, when Kenneth and the Royals essentially were finished using her and used Juliette's help to find Diana, she reached out to Renard, Nick, and Nick's friends to both help them "cure" Juliette and seek protection. She showed some selflessness on her part by suppressing the very abilities she had worked so hard to regain. ("Headache")

When she suppressed her powers, she displayed more of her caring side, along with empathy, specifically towards Nick after she learned that his mother had been killed. ("Cry Havoc") She expressed regret over her past actions that hurt Nick, and she no longer had any desire to regain her powers as well. Nick and Monroe talked about how much she had changed, with Nick also adding that she had turned out to be a great mother. ("Map of the Seven Knights") Adalind feared what would happen to her way of thinking and her personality when the suppressant wore off, as well as how Nick would react, so much so that it took her several weeks until she finally worked up enough courage to tell Nick that her powers had returned, despite advice from Rosalee and Renard to do so sooner. ("Into the Schwarzwald") ("Lycanthropia") ("The Taming of the Wu") Since her powers have returned, she has still maintained her feelings for Nick and her children, caring deeply about all of them; however, she was forced by Black Claw and its leader, Conrad Bonaparte, to take Kelly and leave the loft and Nick, which she viewed as being a way to protect both her children and Nick. ("The Taming of the Wu"). Despite Renard's attempts to try to win her to his side, Adalind has remained loyal to Nick, resisting Renard's advances towards her and the attempts of Diana to get them to be together, as well as refusing to betray Nick when Bonaparte asked her to tell him where Nick lived. She further tried to contact him by phone and asked Wu to relay to Nick that Kelly was fine and that she loved Nick, and she later used Diana to contact Nick to warn him that Black Claw was closing in on him after Bonaparte used his powers to force Adalind to tell him where the loft was. ("Bad Night") ("Set Up") ("The Beginning of the End")

RE: When did Adalind Redeem herself? - rpmaluki - 12-30-2017

Things between Nick and Adalind certainly moved quickly from Adalind's end but they were never smooth from Nick's end as Henry said.

Nick should have questioned Adalind's word about the baby instead accepting her "it's yours" statement at the station. This was his enemy about to blow up his personal life yet again and he folded too quickly. The reason why we weren't meant to question Adalind's certainly is because she herself was written to know beyond a doubt who the father was long before showing up at the station either because Nick was the only man she slept with after giving birth to Diana or she slept with both Nick and Sean several weeks apart if there was a significant time advancement between going to Renard's place and doing Viktor's bidding in degrimming Nick. Other Nick wanting to know for his own peace of mind, the paternity was irrelevant.

However, nothing actually says Diana is Renard's because we know Adalind slept with the brothers just days apart. They only went with Renard because the other actor became unavailable and and whatever could have happened with the story became void as a result, almost like how Claire's pregnancy made Adalind's second pregnancy a done deal.

Nick's apparent seamless acceptance is more about him and the possibility of her telling the truth more than the possibility of Adalind being a liar. He tried denying it at first and then she held his hand to her belly and it's like whatever doubts he considered just flew out the window. I think Nick was overwhelmed with the reality of potentially being a father despite his cold, aloof feelings towards Adalind, which would change dramatically eventually

RE: When did Adalind Redeem herself? - izzy - 12-30-2017

(12-30-2017, 03:00 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Things between Nick and Adalind certainly moved quickly from Adalind's end but they were never smooth from Nick's end as Henry said.

Nick should have questioned Adalind's word about the baby instead accepting her "it's yours" statement at the station. This was his enemy about to blow up his personal life yet again and he folded too quickly. The reason why we weren't meant to question Adalind's certainly is because she herself was written to know beyond a doubt who the father was long before showing up at the station either because Nick was the only man she slept with after giving birth to Diana or she slept with both Nick and Sean several weeks apart if there was a significant time advancement between going to Renard's place and doing Viktor's bidding in degrimming Nick. Other Nick wanting to know for his own peace of mind, the paternity was irrelevant.

However, nothing actually says Diana is Renard's because we know Adalind slept with the brothers just days apart. They only went with Renard because the other actor became unavailable and and whatever could have happened with the story became void as a result, almost like how Claire's pregnancy made Adalind's second pregnancy a done deal.

Nick's apparent seamless acceptance is more about him and the possibility of her telling the truth more than the possibility of Adalind being a liar. He tried denying it at first and then she held his hand to her belly and it's like whatever doubts he considered just flew out the window. I think Nick was overwhelmed with the reality of potentially being a father despite his cold, aloof feelings towards Adalind, which would change dramatically eventually

Thank you.

RE: When did Adalind Redeem herself? - Henry of green - 12-30-2017

This scene from 4x19 shows the only real time from Adalind went to nick in season 4 that she was manipulative towards him. She was clearly being very minipulative in this scene as she was trying to presued Nick to protect her and thier baby. She even went as far as telling Nick the baby was strong like him and forced his hand on her baby bump. He was disgusted at the start but by the end you could see him very slowy warming up to the idea of being a father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19XWIIi1fZQ