Grimm Forum
Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind (/Thread-Diana-in-the-custody-of-the-royals-Adalind)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - Devegs - 11-25-2017

Based on what the character believed; that Diana was with the royals.

At what point would Adalind have done enough to show or prove that she cared about being re-united with her child? She had made several failed attempts. I thought she did as much as she could at the time.

Would it have been sufficient for her to reach out to Meisner and once he says "I don't know where she is", then it'd be okay for her to give up?

Wouldn't the character still have to pick up the fight at some point in the future?

RE: Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - dicappatore - 11-25-2017

(11-25-2017, 10:25 AM)Devegs Wrote: Based on what the character believed; that Diana was with the royals.

At what point would Adalind have done enough to show or prove that she cared about being re-united with her child? She had made several failed attempts. I thought she did as much as she could at the time.

Would it have been sufficient for her to reach out to Meisner and once he says "I don't know where she is", then it'd be okay for her to give up?

Wouldn't the character still have to pick up the fight at some point in the future?

IMO, she did as much as she could with the knowledge she had. She was then, confronted on two fronts. Who knows what extent she would have gone to, if she wasn’t pregnant again. In one hand, her new pregnancy sort of filled some of her yearning for her missing child while also making her to think, of the new upcoming child’s safety concern.

RE: Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - dicappatore - 11-25-2017

(11-25-2017, 10:42 AM)Henry of green Wrote: She did do as much as she could but apparently that’s not good enough some it appears some posters wanted her to sprint straight out of the maternity ward and go off with Miesner to seek Diania. Apparently Adalind didn’t care about Diania beacuse she didn’t go seeking Miesner, a man who was paid to help her in the first place . A ruthless mercenary who follows orders and always completes his missions, probably would have shot Adalind in season 3 if so commanded by the resistance, but instead was assigned to protect her.

Henry, in Brooklyn there is a saying for them's peeps. Its "Fuk'Em".

RE: Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - irukandji - 11-25-2017

(11-25-2017, 10:42 AM)Henry of green Wrote: She did do as much as she could but apparently that’s not good enough some it appears some posters wanted her to sprint straight out of the maternity ward and go off with Miesner to seek Diania. Apparently Adalind didn’t care about Diania beacuse she didn’t go seeking Miesner, a man who was paid to help her in the first place . A ruthless mercenary who follows orders and always completes his missions, probably would have shot Adalind in season 3 if so commanded by the resistance, but instead was assigned to protect her. Yes it appeared he cared for somewhat only beacuse she remained him of his died girlfriend, according to the actor who play Miesner, but he always follows orders first and foremost.

I don't think it's all about doing as much as she could. When Adalind first became pregnant, all she wanted to do was to get her hexenbiest spirit back. She wanted that above everything, even her baby. Once the baby came, she changed and felt completely different about it. It was as though the baby took the place of what Adalind wanted above all else.

The issue I saw was when Nick came along, it appeared to me Adalind simply gave up on who was the most important to her. If baby Diana was enough to completely turn her around toward motherhood, nothing should have ever interfered with that, which was a priority to her.

RE: Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - Hell Rell - 11-25-2017

In all honesty, I don't see the harm in Adalind asking Meisner for help in retrieving Diana when he showed up at the loft. We know he's a mercenary but he did help Adalind a great deal and she trusted him enough to let him into the loft which I thought was very stupid. It didn't even have to go any further than her asking and him saying he'll look into it but highly doubts he can do anything about it. That would've been perfectly suitable because I did wonder why Adalind didn't bring up Diana with Meisner. I thought she would've asked him if there was anything he could do.

I don't think anything would've come out of it so expectations of what actually would happen if Adalind had asked Meisner don't matter as much as her using any means to find her. She wouldn't have left Kelly behind and stayed in Portland but I think she would ask Meisner to use his resources in an attempt to get her back. Adalind wouldn't have been expected to tag along.

RE: Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - Henry of green - 11-25-2017

Hell Rell, I agree she should have asked Miesner in the loft when she had the chance but maybe she just thought he wouldn’t help with everything else he has going on with Hadrian’s wall.

RE: Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - irukandji - 11-25-2017

(11-25-2017, 10:57 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Diania isn’t more Important than baby Kelly a mother should love her children equally, what should she have done duct taped her new born to her back and go off fighting the Royals and whoever had Diania.

Diana must have attained a high degree of importance to Adalind. Otherwise, she would have sold her and come back to America to become nefarious once more. But that didn't happen. She actually turned her back on hexenbiestdom and resolved to be a good mother.

No matter what Nick is to her, nothing should be able to replace the void that occurred when her baby was taken from her. That has to be one of the deepest sorrows a mother can bear. Yet the series would have us believe that all of the sudden Nick's appearance is enough to ease that sorrow to the point where Adalind seems to have just a marginal care about what happened to her daugher.

If anything, I wondered why she didn't start badgering Renard about it.

RE: Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - rpmaluki - 11-25-2017

Adalind without a baby Kelly to worry about would have done anything, gone anywhere, debased herself if it would get her Diana back. She had tunnel vision. After her second pregnancy, her focus was split between finding her first child, and protecting her second and Kelly became her immediate concern, that's why she eventually went to Nick for protection when the Royals turned her out hinting at how expendable she was. Just because they wanted Diana, it didn't mean they wanted her too and they considered her dead weight.

As far as she knew, Diana was with the Royals and so many people died going up against Royals over her daughter already. Wasn't that the excuse they used against her to steal away Diana in S3? Viktor had threatened to kill in order to get Diana and now that "they" had her, what could possibly change when Kelly was decapitated and several of Nick's neighbors were dead already?

After Kelly's birth, she was vulnerable and in her mind, she couldn't be as before, diving back into the fray against/with Royals over Diana head first, consequences be damned when she also had baby Kelly to think about. Sean was the only real link between herself and Diana's supposed location and they were on the outs. He was the one that got her and Diana away from the Royals the first time but he turned his back on her and had refused to help her (we know it was because Kelly had Diana instead of Viktor). Without her own resources and the people that actually could help her offering to help, irrespective of whether she had the foresight to ask for their help or not, Adalind thought she was at a dead end, at the time.

Things with Nick weren't solidified yet. She didn't know Meisner had any means to help her when she knew him as nothing more than a soldier for hire, employed by whomever for whatever, she had no reason to imagine he could know something about Diana's whereabouts or even hope he'd help if she asked him when she had nothing to offer him in exchange. They weren't friends or anything.

At the first chance that she gets new information on Diana, she acts. She goes to the only person she is learning to trust because he's the father of her second child. Sean, who's known all along that Diana wasn't with the resistance, with Meisner's role in the whole thing merely proved that she couldn't trust him and Meisner remained nothing more than an acquaintance since to her, that's all she was to him if he couldn't even deign to tell her the truth about Diana, let alone help reunite her with Diana since he, of everyone, knew where Diana was and had access.

I don't believe Adalind trusted Sean, Meisner or Nick but of the three, Nick was the one that actually did try to help her find Diana when she asked and he could have easily told her Kelly was his only focus/concern and point her in Sean's direction as Diana's father. Meisner continued to keep his mouth zipped until BC killed Diana's minders and kidnapped her yet again to create the perfect family for Sean Renard. He only come forth because he cared more about the mission and was afraid BC was making a move that involved both Diana and Adalind.

Perhaps Adalind should have said something that night Meisner came looking for Trubel, but I feel nothing would have changed because Meisner had his own agenda that didn't involve reuniting mother and daughter.

RE: Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - Devegs - 11-25-2017

I never saw Meisner as one with resources until he joined HW based on how he was depicted. I imagine Adalind didn't either. What Adalind knew of him prior was that he had sent by Renard to carry out part of Renard's escape plan from Vienna. He handed her over to Kelly and there had been a plane waiting to take them out of Vienna. Adalind knew Renard had organized all this and that's why I believe the character didn't see Meisner as one with resources.

Maybe she should have had a conversation about Diana with Meisner when she allowed him into the fome but he had be pre-occupied with his new rescue mission to get to Trubel. He had been very curt with her and didn't seem to give room for any niceties. Plus there's the not so little issue of her having to explain going back to the royals after the escape and working with them, bringing them to Portland and then finally losing Diana (or so she thought to them) as HoG had pointed out. That might not have been an easy conversation.

However if she had reached out to Meisner and then he had lied about Diana's whereabouts (since he wanted to keep Diana as well) would it have been acceptable to then move on with her life?

RE: Diana in the custody of the royals & Adalind - rpmaluki - 11-25-2017

Adalind did eventually reunite with Diana and had both her children under the same roof, and that only happened because she left Nick and yes it was under duress but she did it anyway. She loved Nick but he wasn't the only person that mattered to her. With her dying breath she implored him to protect her children, no I love you or wish she had more time with him or whatever that could be deemed as Nick being the centre of her life.

I would understand all the complaints about Adalind's behavior in S5 if she had all the information but she did nothing about it but that's not what happened. Her not asking about Diana so soon after Kelly's birth isn't a sign that Nick had now taken residence in her heart that was once occupied by Diana.