Grimm Forum
why isn't nick blamed for assaulting adalind? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: why isn't nick blamed for assaulting adalind? (/Thread-why-isn-t-nick-blamed-for-assaulting-adalind)

why isn't nick blamed for assaulting adalind? - WispyWillow - 11-25-2017

followed by catherine and renard blaming adalind for losing her powers and throwing her out.

RE: why isn't nick blamed for assaulting adalind? - dicappatore - 11-25-2017

(11-25-2017, 12:38 AM)WispyWillow Wrote:

followed by catherine and renard blaming adalind for losing her powers and throwing her out.

Nick proposed to them having a physical violent fight. She voge and attacked him first. He was able to pin her down. Him forcing her to a kiss, I guess is sexual assault. She bit him, in retaliation, loses her Hex and Hank is saved.

Now, if you wish to debate, if, an attempted rape can justify, saving a cop’s life, is another subject. To blame Nick for assaulting Adalind, she would have had to file charges. But she did not, because, deep down, inside her, even she knew, she deserved what happened to her.

As for Sean and her mom blaming her? Well they are all living in the Wesen World. Both know, the consequences for mucking around with a Grimm. Thats why they used her as the sacrificial lamb, instead of them, going after the Grimm.

RE: why isn't nick blamed for assaulting adalind? - Robyn - 11-25-2017

The show mostly used Nick’s employment with the PPD as a backdrop. For all intents and purposes, Nick was a Grimm fighting violent Wesen not a detective fighting crime. But if we consider the modern-day legal system, using necessary force to protect oneself or others is a viable defense against assault charges. Nick didn’t take it any further than necessary to save Hank. There wasn’t any indication that Nick had nefarious intentions with Adalind or that she thought he might. Adalind realized Nick intended to maneuver her into biting him and that she regretfully fell for it.

How would Adalind explain why she met with Detective Burkhardt out in the woods when making a formal complaint? She and the detective met in the middle of nowhere to discuss his partner’s strange illness?

RE: why isn't nick blamed for assaulting adalind? - dicappatore - 11-25-2017

(11-25-2017, 06:12 AM)Robyn Wrote: The show mostly used Nick’s employment with the PPD as a backdrop. For all intents and purposes, Nick was a Grimm fighting violent Wesen not a detective fighting crime. But if we consider the modern-day legal system, using necessary force to protect oneself or others is a viable defense against assault charges. Nick didn’t take it any further than necessary to save Hank. There wasn’t any indication that Nick had nefarious intentions with Adalind or that she thought he might. Adalind realized Nick intended to maneuver her into biting him and that she regretfully fell for it.

How would Adalind explain why she met with Detective Burkhardt out in the woods when making a formal complaint? She and the detective met in the middle of nowhere to discuss his partner’s strange illness?

Geez Robyn, what type of voo-doo magic are you using? I find myself in total agreement with another one of your posts.

RE: why isn't nick blamed for assaulting adalind? - brandon - 11-25-2017

Adalind's reaction was like slapping Nick-in that moment she detested him-,and nick knew or realized that in that way the blood would mix-.a reaction like when Monroe's ex girlfriend tried to rape her the guy-season 2 chapter ?-.Adalind acted on impulse and without thinking,but Angelina if she was a murderer.
I think it would be after juliette and before Adalind.Although this change the spell to Hank

RE: why isn't nick blamed for assaulting adalind? - Robyn - 11-25-2017

(11-25-2017, 06:51 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Geez Robyn, what type of voo-doo magic are you using? I find myself in total agreement with another one of your posts.
It’s not voo-doo, it’s shared objectivity. To me, Nick no more assaulted Adalind in S1 than she assaulted him in S3. Nick did what he had to do to save Hank. Adalind did what she had to do to be with her baby. Neither took their actions further than necessary, because both had the opportunity to kill the other while vulnerable and chose not to.