Grimm Forum
Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's (/Thread-Who-s-heinous-acts-were-worse-Adalind-s-or-Juliette-s)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Robyn - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 08:47 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: According to the show they couldn't get rid of the hexenbiest like Nick did in S1, something to do with Juliette's hexenbiest being derived from Adalind who was already immune to Grimm blood at the time of the twinning spell and Grimm reversal spell. Their only options were suppression, death or for the writers to not make Juliette go crazy.

Yes, based on the storyline as written. I was suggesting an alternate storyline that clearly established a spell-created super-powerful Hexenbiest sprit having complete control with Juliette as the victimized host robbed of freewill, who could or couldn't be saved depending on what Team Grimm figured out. And, making her much more threatening, along with Diana, going into S5 - instead of the HW/BC storyline.

And if I get everything on my wish list, some of the Resistance members would come to Portland to battle the Royals, Verrat, and two unimaginably powerful Hexenbiest because if the Royals succeeded in taking out the Portland Grimm, they’d use their two super weapons to take out all Grimm and eventually get their hands on the proverbial coveted keys. Very little in my personal wish list for S4 & S5 fits with the actual storylines that aired. But my motivation behind a personal wish is that for me, Juliette and Diana were a lot of hype and very little climax. If G & K insinuate that an established good guy/love interest and a baby are potentially evil, they should be willing for the story to let the bodies fall where they may rather than ensure a core member of the group never dies or he/she will eventually make their way back to Nick.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Hell Rell - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 08:38 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 03:23 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Once agian your entitled to your opinion but in the world of Grimm Adalind raising her children to follow in nicks footsteps is a good thing if you don’t like it tough the show is called Grimm. Ethier way it not possible for her children to live a normal life safley, Kelly is half hexenbiest and half Grimm and Diania is a super hexenbiest, it’s solely your opinion it’s not a better life for her children. As far as the show is concerned her children are fighting on the side of good.

It's never a good thing to force bad traits on to children, henry. Sadly that alone make Adalind's act much more heinous than Juliette's.

What bad traits did Adalind force on them? I don't recall her forcing Diana to do anything nefarious even when it would've benefited her. Her powers could've gotten Adalind out of danger much earlier.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - silver - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 02:36 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 02:13 AM)silver Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 01:22 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 12:10 AM)silver Wrote: Even though their actions varied widely, it still adds up to both did equally heinous stuff.

You don't have to be 'evil' as such, to do what they think is best for the kids.

It's simply the nature of both 'biests'.

Intelligent comment that I mostly agree with they were both equally heinous in their behaviour however the innocent neighbors deaths that Juliette helped arrange in my opinion makes Juliettes actual crimes more heinous.

Well, you have a point -- She may have had no idea about what would befall the neighbors -- unless there was detailed exchange of info between her and Kenneth / Rispoli. That was an indirect occurrence due to her assist in the 'project'.

I continue to think they're equally unruffled over the deaths of anybody....when they are hexenbiests.

Silva, it’s not as simple as that, Adalind was at her most heinous when she was human in late season 1 and season 2 , she put innocent Juliette in a comma and tried to sell her child while human and helped set up Frau pech’s death. She was a hexenbiest in season 5 and 6 yet she was at her most compassionate saving Juliette from the tunnel, helping the gang defeat Renard and BC and trying to stop Diania from being so murderous. Hexenbiest Adalind had tears in her eyes when she heard about Wu and Hanks death in 5x13, season 2 human Adalind had the Verat beat up and hospitalise poor Hank barely a year after trying to kill him yet she didn’t give a toss.

Gosh, I didn't think it was simple - good and evil never are - and that's life for everybody.

My take on (as you put it) A trying to sell her child, I thought she was pretending to want to sell the child until she could tell them that isn't what she wanted - I didn't see her trying to be duplicitous about it at any point, really - it didn't take her long to let it be known she wanted her powers back and that's all she really wanted. So I'm not following you there.

And she didn't know Frau Pesch was going to be sacrificed in order to get her powers back - she didn't seem to know (but maybe she secretly did know) that some hexenbiest had to die in order for her to get her powers back.

At some point, we have to stop counting bodies, because it's their devil-may-care attitudes that tells us all we need to know.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Henry of green - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 10:36 AM)silver Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 01:22 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 12:10 AM)silver Wrote: Even though their actions varied widely, it still adds up to both did equally heinous stuff.

You don't have to be 'evil' as such, to do what they think is best for the kids.

It's simply the nature of both 'biests'.

Intelligent comment that I mostly agree with they were both equally heinous in their behaviour however the innocent neighbors deaths that Juliette helped arrange in my opinion makes Juliettes actual crimes more heinous.

Well, you have a point -- She may have had no idea about what would befall the neighbors -- unless there was detailed exchange of info between her and Kenneth / Rispoli. That was an indirect occurrence due to her assist in the 'project'.

I continue to think they're equally unruffled over the deaths of anybody....when they are hexenbiests.

Silva, it’s not as simple as that, Adalind was at her most heinous when she was human in late season 1 and season 2 , she put innocent Juliette in a comma and tried to sell her child while human and helped set up Frau pech’s death. She was a hexenbiest in season 5 and 6 yet she was at her most compassionate saving Juliette from the tunnel, helping the gang defeat Renard and BC and trying to stop Diania from being so murderous. Hexenbiest Adalind had tears in her eyes when she heard about Wu and Hanks death in 5x13, season 2 human Adalind had the Verat beat up and hospitalise poor Hank barely a year after trying to kill him yet she didn’t give a toss.

Gosh, I didn't think it was simple - good and evil never are - and that's life for everybody.

My take on (as you put it) A trying to sell her child, I thought she was pretending to want to sell the child until she could tell them that isn't what she wanted - I didn't see her trying to be duplicitous about it at any point, really - it didn't take her long to let it be known she wanted her powers back and that's all she really wanted. So I'm not following you there.

And she didn't know Frau Pesch was going to be sacrificed in order to get her powers back - she didn't seem to know (but maybe she secretly did know) that some hexenbiest had to die in order for her to get her powers back.

At some point, we have to stop counting bodies, because it's their devil-may-care attitudes that tells us all we need to know.

Silva, Adalind is my favorite character but I am not going to make excuses for her at the start of the pregnancy Adalind didn’t give a toss about her baby she just wanted her powers, Stefania even had to tell her to stop drinking and asked her what sort of she mother was. It wasn’t until midway through the pregnancy that Adalind began to change her mind about trading Dianna and by the time she was born she had fallen in love with Diania. Adalind intended to give over Diania for her powers until she changed her mind.

Also Adalind had a fair idea what Stefania was planning because her first words after waking up after Pech injected her were the wicked witch is died and a new one is coming back.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - silver - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 10:51 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 01:22 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Intelligent comment that I mostly agree with they were both equally heinous in their behaviour however the innocent neighbors deaths that Juliette helped arrange in my opinion makes Juliettes actual crimes more heinous.

Silva, Adalind is my favorite character but I am not going to make excuses for her at the start of the pregnancy Adalind didn’t give a toss about her baby she just wanted her powers, Stefania even had to tell her to stop drinking and asked her what sort of she mother was. It wasn’t until midway through the pregnancy that Adalind began to change her mind about trading Dianna and by the time she was born she had fallen in love with Diania. Adalind intended to give over Diania for her powers until she changed her mind.

Also Adalind had a fair idea what Stefania was planning because her first words after waking up after Pech injected her were the wicked witch is died and a new one is coming back.

You don't miss a trick, Henry -- unless you've imagined all that stuff about Adalind and the baby and getting her hex back! I did not see / figure out all that -- They were giving a toast and Adalind was gonna have a swig for the toast -- IRL, I don't believe one (or even two) swigs is going to harm a baby -- I hardly would count that act as not giving a toss about her baby.

I think you're right about the other details, because I simply remained confused about everyone's motives (excepting Frau Pesch) - she was rather straight-forward. (love the scene where she meets after dark on the park bench with the guy - I forgot his name - she says long time and he says not long enough, LoL.)

I really miss this show and would LOVE to see them pick it up where they left off -- they picked the perfect adult Diana -- she was great. Also Kelly, too.

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - irukandji - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 10:20 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 08:38 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 03:23 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Once agian your entitled to your opinion but in the world of Grimm Adalind raising her children to follow in nicks footsteps is a good thing if you don’t like it tough the show is called Grimm. Ethier way it not possible for her children to live a normal life safley, Kelly is half hexenbiest and half Grimm and Diania is a super hexenbiest, it’s solely your opinion it’s not a better life for her children. As far as the show is concerned her children are fighting on the side of good.

It's never a good thing to force bad traits on to children, henry. Sadly that alone make Adalind's act much more heinous than Juliette's.

What bad traits did Adalind force on them? I don't recall her forcing Diana to do anything nefarious even when it would've benefited her. Her powers could've gotten Adalind out of danger much earlier.

They're grimms, aren't they? They didn't become grimms through osmosis. Someone had to teach them. Whatever happened to wanting a normal life?

RE: Who's heinous acts were worse, Adalind's or Juliette's - Henry of green - 02-04-2018

(02-04-2018, 11:03 AM)silver Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 02:13 AM)silver Wrote: Well, you have a point -- She may have had no idea about what would befall the neighbors -- unless there was detailed exchange of info between her and Kenneth / Rispoli. That was an indirect occurrence due to her assist in the 'project'.

You don't miss a trick, Henry -- unless you've imagined all that stuff about Adalind and the baby and getting her hex back! I did not see / figure out all that -- They were giving a toast and Adalind was gonna have a swig for the toast -- IRL, I don't believe one (or even two) swigs is going to harm a baby -- I hardly would count that act as not giving a toss about her baby.

I think you're right about the other details, because I simply remained confused about everyone's motives (excepting Frau Pesch) - she was rather straight-forward. (love the scene where she meets after dark on the park bench with the guy - I forgot his name - she says long time and he says not long enough, LoL.)

I really miss this show and would LOVE to see them pick it up where they left off -- they picked the perfect adult Diana -- she was great. Also Kelly, too.

I imagined nothing Adalind threatened more than once to get rid of the baby if they didn’t give her what she wanted she was also drinking a large glass of wine when Frau peach injected her, Adalind drank repeatedly while pregnant with diania it wasn’t just a swig of wine. The show clearly showed when she started caring about Dianna, it was when she was rubbing her tummy in the mirror and saying momma and also when she saw the baby scan in hospital.

(02-04-2018, 11:33 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 11:03 AM)silver Wrote:
(02-04-2018, 02:36 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Silva, it’s not as simple as that, Adalind was at her most heinous when she was human in late season 1 and season 2 , she put innocent Juliette in a comma and tried to sell her child while human and helped set up Frau pech’s death. She was a hexenbiest in season 5 and 6 yet she was at her most compassionate saving Juliette from the tunnel, helping the gang defeat Renard and BC and trying to stop Diania from being so murderous. Hexenbiest Adalind had tears in her eyes when she heard about Wu and Hanks death in 5x13, season 2 human Adalind had the Verat beat up and hospitalise poor Hank barely a year after trying to kill him yet she didn’t give a toss.

I imagined nothing Adalind threatened more than once to get rid of the baby if they didn’t give her what she wanted she was also drinking a large glass of wine when Frau peach injected her, Adalind drank repeatedly while pregnant with diania it wasn’t just a swig of wine. The show clearly showed when she started caring about Dianna, it was when she was rubbing her tummy in the mirror and saying momma and also when she saw the baby scan in hospital.

Now I remember why I stopped coming here...most everyone's so much smarter (and have better comprehension and memory skills) - lol.

I continue to disagree about the amount of wine we watched her drink on the show -- so unless she drank when we weren't 'looking', I can't say that drinking an occasional glass of wine is harmful to a fetus. And yes, I have read about FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome, etc.) a while back. Thing is, she drank for a purpose on the show. I never got the impression she was an 'everyday' drinker.

I'd like to know more about Diana's phantom twin in any upcoming continuation of the series.

Silvia, It’s not about the wine it’s about the fact she only got pregnant in order to use her baby as a bargaining chip it’s about the fact she threatened repeatedly to get rid of diania if she didn’t get her powers back. She showed very little concern about Dianna until only a few months before she was born then she began to change and showed more feelings towards her unborn child.

(02-04-2018, 12:06 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Silvia, It’s not about the wine it’s about the fact she only got pregnant in order to use her baby as a bargaining chip it’s about the fact she threatened repeatedly to get rid of diania if she didn’t get her powers back. She showed very little concern about Dianna until only a few months before she was born then she began to change and showed more feelings towards her unborn child.

Well then, I rest my case: they're both equally evil jerks. (were)