Grimm Forum
What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death (/Thread-What-Juliette-Knew-Kelly-s-death)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - rpmaluki - 11-07-2017

(11-07-2017, 04:14 AM)Henry of green Wrote: I really don't get how anyone could see any thing between Adalind and Sean after season 1, they only shared 3 kisses throughout the entire show and two involved magical compolsions. The other kiss was in season 3 episode 20 When she give him a small kiss, then they spent the nigth together because you see them both naked in opposite sides of the room the next morning.
The other time they slept together she was using Renard to get pregnant and he was predentding she was Juliette. There is even a deleted scene of them both naked in the forset afterwards and she even said he called her Juliette throughout the whole encounter.

Then the final romantic scene was forced by Diania and Adalind was digusted when she realized what was happening and put a stop to it by slapping him on the face. She literally managed to stop the compulsion of the second most powerful being ever on the show she hated Renard that much.

I do I agree with Robyn though if he had of protected Adalind and Diania like he was supposed to instead of giving Diania away Adalind may have fell in love with Renard, then again with his selfish nature it probably still wouldn't have work out for them. Renard has one great love of his life and thats himself and that will never change I don't even think his love for Diana comes close to his love for himself.
I think we all agree that Adalind had a clinginess streak about her, that she acted desperate every now and then but she was also able to rise about her shortfalls when the occasion called for it.

I don't think she would have fallen in love. I think she would have had a FWB relationship because like you said, Renard only has one true love of his life and that's Sean Renard. The relationship would have gone back to what it was in S1 but without the self delusion that Renard loved her. Adalind already realised that he was incapable of love but they could have built a solid alliance going forward. Adalind falls for Nick because he's behaving so unlike how she expected from someone she'd hurt and tried to ruin, on top of trying to kill his loved ones.

As I said, this isn't only about Adalind and her feelings for her potential lover. It's also about the guy falling for her. For her to end up with Renard, perhaps also in a twenty year loving relationship, Renard would actually have to do the leg work and actually show that he was capable of loving someone else beside himself, specifically her and she would have to be secure in that love as we eventually saw her with Nick. The problem is that Renard isn't that man to go out on that kind of limb not just for her but for anyone in general. You can't be in a relationship by yourself, no matter how much you love the other person. It has to be a two way street and I feel like that's one aspect of Nick and Adalind that's often disregarded no matter which side of the argument "against" people fall on.

It's the same with Meisner. He was the first one to see past "evil" Adalind but nothing became of their interactions despite the huge potential. Under different circumstances such as the show not being about Nick (specifically) and his story, Adalind could have ran away with Meisner, if he'd stayed with her instead of passing her off to Kelly Burkhardt, provided he wanted to be with her and wasn't using her to fill a void left by his girlfriend. The actor did say he felt as though Adalind reminded him of his dead love. I would hope the writers to never pursue that relationship from that angle if it was intended, because it would be unfair to Adalind.

This is why I love that Nick evolves from only expressing his want for his son at the end of S5 to wanting Adalind back at the beginning of S6 and fully expressing it to his relatives by the end of S6. He wants her as much as she wants him. I care more about the equality in that relationship than the potentials in Renard/Meisner.

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - irukandji - 11-07-2017

(11-06-2017, 04:41 PM)Henry of green Wrote: I just rewatched the last 3 episodes of season 4 over the past couple of days and was reminded just how cold and heartless Juliette was during this period she really was a monster. She was literally sitting with a smile on her face as she was betraying her innocent nieghbours to Kenneth ,she actually seemed to enjoy working with him planning the ambush. She then even offers Kenneth free advice when she tells him not to underestimate kelly and then even gives Kenneth a tour of Nicks house , she shows all the entrances and exits of the house ,so how someone can say she didn't know about Kelly's impending death is just ridiculous. Juliette then sleeps with Kenneth in Nicks bed just for pure spite and to celebrate the impending death of Kelly. She then set up stairs listening to the brutal murder of Kelly and showed barley any emotion at all.

All designed to make Adalind appear soft and very vulnerable.

(11-07-2017, 06:26 AM)Henry of green Wrote: What on earth has what I said about Juliette got anything to do with making Adalind look soft?

That's the reason the writers wrote Juliette so hard and cunning. If you think about it, there was no real purpose to change Juliette other than to get her away from Nick and get Adalind to move in.

I assumed you wrote that paragraph on Juliette for comments correct? If not, why did you write it?

Motherhood made Adalind soft (see: S3 Diana 's birth arc where it started and continued with baby Kelly from S4 onwards). She didn't need Nick's love or the destruction of Juliette's human persona to achieve that.

I believe Juliette going round the bend was an attempt by the writers to make her interesting to the greater fan base. From what I gather, she was rather unlikable for a protagonist during the first three and a half seasons of the show. I know I didn't like her and could have easily done without her presence on the show.

Of the regular cast, I feel she was the only one who didn't resonate with the fans to the same extent as the others outside of Hank and Wu. Fans adored Monroe and Rosalee, Renard and Adalind had their own niche of fans. Hank and Wu didn't need to be anything special beside to augment Nick. Juliette was just...there, as the girlfriend and cannon fodder for wesen attacks meant to hurt Nick. She was a plot device for at least the first two seasons. Even Trubel, Meisner and Bud did more to earn their place among fans with much less to work with by comparison. She didn't truly become her own person until she forgot Nick (and that didn't play out so well), expressed conflicting desires to Nick's in S4 prior to becoming a hexenbiest and ultimately trying to destroy Nick and getting his mother in the end. I think whatever the writers tried with Juliette, it bit the character in the rear end. I think for whatever fans she gained during these three arcs, she lost quite a few if not more.

I once stated how I disliked the writers for making Renard too sympathetic for a villain, I'd go so far as to say they did the opposite with Juliette by unintentionally making her unsympathetic with the viewers. Had Juliette had the kind of cultish following as say Monroe, her hexenbiest arc would have played out differently than what we got, less destructive.

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - Henry of green - 11-07-2017

I did ,Irk' just wanted to know what you meant I wasn't criticising you.

While many thought Juliette's character was boring and cold, she was always loyal to Nick. She was there for Nick. To have her change into some ruthless hexenbiest after being loyal to Nick for years made no sense. It was done to get her out of the way so Adalind could move in with Nick. There are characters who are liked in series just as there are characters who are disliked. For those who hated Juliette and loved Adalind, viewers got to see her interact with Nick. Which, in the end, did nothing more for the series than having Nick paired up with Juliette.

(11-07-2017, 06:55 AM)Henry of green Wrote: I did ,Irk' just wanted to know what you meant I wasn't criticising you.

Thank you for clarifying, Henry. From the nature of your question, I thought you were criticizing me.

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - Henry of green - 11-07-2017

I agree absolutely she was loyal to Nick before season 4 'I am talking season 4 Hexenbiest Juliette.

In truth, her loyalty to Nick wasn't without hiccups but that's normal of any relationship. It wasn't all perfect smooth sailing. It's not hard to see the hexenbiest causing chaos in her life especially when it all relates to Nick and the sacrifices she's made for the relationship when she felt Nick wasn't at all accommodating when she went through changes.

Juliette was the most loyal to Nick of all of the characters. It's difficult to see even a hexenbiest coming between them. The only reason it worked is because writers themselves wanted to see how Adalind and Nick would work out. If a hexenbiest was that much of an issue, they'd have never put Adalind and Nick together at all.

(11-07-2017, 07:01 AM)Henry of green Wrote: I agree absolutely she was loyal to Nick before season 4 'I am talking season 4 Hexenbiest Juliette.

But that's what I mean. The prior 4 years of Juliette's evolution as a character who was always loyal to Nick meant nothing. Not only to Juliette herself, but to Nick. Nick became an obsessive goof, who wanted to 'fix' her versus really helping her and Juliette was morphed into someone who had no strength of her own her only alternative was to become a hexenbiest and thus get out of Nick's life.

(11-07-2017, 07:01 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Sorry if it came across that way 'Irk.

Not a problem, Henry.

I'd have to disagree. I believe Monroe is the most loyal to Nick.