Grimm Forum
What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death (/Thread-What-Juliette-Knew-Kelly-s-death)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - rpmaluki - 10-30-2017

Considering what happened to Kelly and Juliette, I doubt Nick would continue to justify the kidnapping. He seemed to make a point to keep telling Adalind that he'd never take her son away like it was subtle acknowledgement that he royally screwed up when he took Diana.

Even Rosalee acknowledged that what happened to Juliette was because they had taken Diana away. It doesn't make sense to hold fast to that kidnapping when the consequences thereof destroyed many lives. Nick doesn't strike me as the kind of person who's stubborn and unwilling to acknowledge his fault.

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - dicappatore - 10-31-2017

(10-30-2017, 03:27 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 05:50 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: They knew fighting Kelly would be equivalent to fighting a mini-war. They knew she was dangerous because they know she single-handedly took out six members of the Verrat to get Diana out of Austria and it didn't take her long to do it. All of those troops were there for Kelly and to get possession of the most prized snowflake in the world even if Kelly showed up there herself.

No one's doubting her fighting skills as a lone grimm. I'm seriously doubting them when she has a child in tow, though. No matter how wonderful she is at taking out six verrat, she's going to be preoccupied with Diana. So I don't believe all of the troops were there simply for Kelly, especially when Kenneth and Juliette presumed she would bring Diana to begin with. Bringing a child to a battle was just the most astoundingly stupid thing any character has done on the series.

You seem to overlook that fatal phone call. The same phone call that’s been mentioned in these threads plenty of time. So, your assumptions that Kelly brought a child to a battle is, again, either to your clueless on what you were watching, or you’re a victim of dementia, which I then, forgive you.

Or it’s a statement made by an unattentative poster that has no clue WTF is talking about. Kelly was told by Juliette, Nick was in danger. She had Diana with her. Kelly was unaware that the fight to save her son was going to happen at the house, ESPECIALLY, WHEN THE BACK-STABBING JULIETTE TOLD KELLY TO COME IN THE HOUSE.
Thas why kelly came in the house with a child!

What is astounding is your idiotic statement
Quote:Bringing a child to a battle was just the most astoundingly stupid thing any character has done on the series.

Scene: Kelly and Diana pull up in front of Nick and Juliette's house.

Juliette: [She sits on the bed and the phone rings, so she answers] Kelly?
Kelly: Juliette. Is everything okay?
[b]Juliette: Thank God you're here. Um, Nick's not home, but I am, and the front door's unlocked. [She hangs up][/b]
[Kelly and Diana walk up to the house]
Verrat Agent in van: It's her, Kelly Burkhardt. She's got the kid.
[Kelly and Diana enter the house]
Kelly: Juliette?
[Kelly is attacked by Kenneth and some Verrat agents as Juliette listens to the fighting from her room]

Maybe you just wish to entertain these threads with your ridiculous, opinions based on pure conjecture.

I can’t wait to see how you can wiggle yourself out of this preposterous statement.

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - Devegs - 10-31-2017

(10-30-2017, 08:30 PM)irukandji Wrote: Nonetheless, it'd be priceless to watch her expression as Nick explained to her just why they all felt Diana would be better with Kelly than with her.

Since they were still together twenty years later, I think they probably have a few laughs over the past. "You thought I would make a bad mother!' " And you were going to attempt to pass off Kelly as Victor's, that was hilarious!", etc. Smile

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - irukandji - 10-31-2017

(10-31-2017, 07:19 AM)Henry of green Wrote: They were already laughing about they're bloody kiss in the ruins in season 1 so they already have laughed about they're past.

I don't think they'd be laughing about Diana being kidnapped or Kelly's death. Instead, I see that as a subject they never discuss.

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - Henry of green - 10-31-2017

I don't think they would etheir but other events in their past they would have a laugh about .

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - rpmaluki - 10-31-2017

Nick and Adalind were certainly growing comfortably together that it could slightly colour their past differently now that they are together. It doesn't change the past but they can look at it with a different perspective. They may never laugh at everything that went down between them but they might find some levity in some scenes like the one at the jail where they taunted one another but the sexual tension was through the roof, similarly with the mellifer episode when they were at the hotel sitting across from one another.

(10-30-2017, 09:33 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Considering what happened to Kelly and Juliette, I doubt Nick would continue to justify the kidnapping. He seemed to make a point to keep telling Adalind that he'd never take her son away like it was subtle acknowledgement that he royally screwed up when he took Diana.
Even Rosalee acknowledged that what happened to Juliette was because they had taken Diana away. It doesn't make sense to hold fast to that kidnapping when the consequences thereof destroyed many lives. Nick doesn't strike me as the kind of person who's stubborn and unwilling to acknowledge his fault.

I agree with you here. Nick appeared to have recognized that he made mistakes in the past. I believe he and Adalind can still laugh at their past motivations while not making light of their mistakes, afterall they were still together twenty years later. They would have had time over the years to have some honest conversations about their past. I don't think they could have avoided it. We saw that Nick was already confiding in Adalind off screen in S6.

(10-31-2017, 11:24 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: They may never laugh at everything that went down between them but they might find some levity in some scenes like the one at the jail where they taunted one another but the sexual tension was through the roof, similarly with the mellifer episode when they were at the hotel sitting across from one another.

True.

(10-31-2017, 10:29 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 07:19 AM)Henry of green Wrote: They were already laughing about they're bloody kiss in the ruins in season 1 so they already have laughed about they're past.

I don't think they'd be laughing about Diana being kidnapped or Kelly's death. Instead, I see that as a subject they never discuss.

Of course they would never laugh at these events. They would have honest conversations about their past.

Any discussions about Kelly's death would only help to reinforce to Nick why JuliEve would be kept out of his life. Kelly's death does not hang on Adalind. So I really don't understand why you threw that in Nick and Adalind's issues. Kelly's death is the cloud that hangs on Juliette.

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - irukandji - 10-31-2017

(10-31-2017, 01:44 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Adalind also consoled nick about Kelly's death and said she was sorry

Well, she was living in Nick's house at the time and had no where else to go. I think she was sorry for Nick, but was she sorry that Kelly bit the big one? I doubt it. In fact, I think she was probably relieved because Kelly's death was the turning point in getting Diana back.

(10-31-2017, 02:01 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 01:44 PM)Henry of green Wrote: Adalind also consoled nick about Kelly's death and said she was sorry

Well, she was living in Nick's house at the time and had no where else to go. I think she was sorry for Nick, but was she sorry that Kelly bit the big one? I doubt it...

Yes. Adalind was probably sorry for Nick and sympathizing with him at the time. I don't think she hated Kelly, but she won't have had reason to feel deeply for Kelly to keel over in sorrow.

RE: What Juliette 'Knew': Kelly's death - Henry of green - 10-31-2017

Agree she was sorry for nick not Kelly but at least she said it plus she was at Buds not Nicks at the time.