Grimm Forum
would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? (/Thread-would-nick-have-forgiven-adalind-if-she-had-left-baby-kelly)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - eric - 10-21-2017

I don't think he would blame Adeline for leaving and taking both kids with her. Sean and Conrad are another matter. If BC wanted the kids, there was no one who could safely shelter them. Once Conrad was out of the way, they all returned to the loft. No one who knew about the slaughter would think of bothering Nick. We don't know the real body count, but the number would grow with retelling, probably reaching 100 by the end of the year. We know the stick and Diana saved the day, but no one outside the gang knew about it.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - irukandji - 10-22-2017

(10-19-2017, 09:45 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: near the end of season 5 there were a lot of posts about adalind daring to take nick's son with her after conrad threatening the three of them.

would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? would he feel that she abandoned baby kelly even if he knew she didn't want to leave?

The bigger question on my mind is, why did Adalind leave? Aside from the creators wanting to show us Adalind and Renard together, it made no sense in the scheme of the story.

I mean it's easy enough to say because Diana was the prize at the end of the rainbow. However, Adalind had to know that once she took the chance of going to Renard, she was in essence giving herself and baby Kelly over to Black Claw, and that would add considerable power to BC.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - irukandji - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 09:38 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 09:31 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-19-2017, 09:45 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: near the end of season 5 there were a lot of posts about adalind daring to take nick's son with her after conrad threatening the three of them.

would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? would he feel that she abandoned baby kelly even if he knew she didn't want to leave?

The bigger question on my mind is, why did Adalind leave? I mean it's easy enough to say because Diana was the prize at the end of the rainbow. However, Adalind had to know that once she took the chance of going to Renard, she was in essence giving herself and baby Kelly over to Black Claw, and that would add considerable power to BC.

I think it was a combation of Boneparte threats to Kill Kelly and nick and desperation to make sure diania was ok.

But here's the thing with that. In order for Adalind to come to the decision that her only alternative was to go to Renard, she had to figure that Nick could never win in the fight against BC.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - Robyn - 10-22-2017

I'm not sure that Adalind was motivated by getting Diana back as much as she was coerced by Bonaparte's threat against her family. Adalind thought Diana was calling out to her, needed her, but had no idea Diana was pretending to be Renard on the phone informing her she had run out of time. So in Adalind's mind she either had to go to the BC house or they'd come for her and Kelly, and maybe harm Nick in the process.

But I agree with you, irukandji, Adalind taking Kelly to BC didn't make a lot of sense considering she was supposedly already in love with Nick and trusted him. But she did the same in S3 when she returned to the Royals knowing they were as likely to kill her as not.

Both actions were contrived to quickly move the story along. S3 required Adalind having a reason to have sex with Nick and pregnant with his child. S5 required Bonaparte having possession of Nick's son to trade him for the Grimm Lineage book.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - dicappatore - 10-22-2017

The primary purpose for Bonaparte and BC, to get Adalind, Diana and Kelly, was to make them look like an “All American Family”, to get Sean elected mayor. All this about BC getting Diana and Kelly and their future powers to be with BC was secondary. BC’s way of dealing with Wesen that did not agree with them was easy. BC killed them.

(10-22-2017, 09:54 AM)Robyn Wrote: I'm not sure that Adalind was motivated by getting Diana back as much as she was coerced by Bonaparte's threat against her family. Adalind thought Diana was calling out to her, needed her, but had no idea Diana was pretending to be Renard on the phone informing her she had run out of time. So in Adalind's mind she either had to go to the BC house or they'd come for her and Kelly, and maybe harm Nick in the process.

But I agree with you, irukandji, Adalind taking Kelly to BC didn't make a lot of sense considering she was supposedly already in love with Nick and trusted him. But she did the same in S3 when she returned to the Royals knowing they were as likely to kill her as not.

Both actions were contrived to quickly move the story along. S3 required Adalind having a reason to have sex with Nick and pregnant with his child. S5 required Bonaparte having possession of Nick's son to trade him for the Grimm Lineage book.

In order to come to any conclusions though, Adalind would have first had to be figuring that Nick would never win in the fight against BC.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - Henry of green - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 09:54 AM)Robyn Wrote: I'm not sure that Adalind was motivated by getting Diana back as much as she was coerced by Bonaparte's threat against her family. Adalind thought Diana was calling out to her, needed her, but had no idea Diana was pretending to be Renard on the phone informing her she had run out of time. So in Adalind's mind she either had to go to the BC house or they'd come for her and Kelly, and maybe harm Nick in the process.

Robyn had she not gone to the mansion nick would probably be dead remember it was beacuse of Adalind and Diana that Boneparte died she biscailly save nick ass. She does diffently love nick at this point ,as she has stated 3 times that she already loves him at this point.But I agree the show like game of thrones at times throws Character logic out the window to suit overall plot.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - Robyn - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 10:06 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Robyn had she not gone to the mansion nick would probably be dead remember it was beacuse of Adalind and Diana that Boneparte died she biscailly save nick ass.
But that was happenstance, not Adalind’s motivation for going to the BC house. She didn’t know at the time that she’d need to be there for when Bonaparte later attacked the loft.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - Henry of green - 10-22-2017

Your right but her being there actually worked out better for nick in the end.Her reason for being there was to try and keep the people she cared for safe including nick remember Boneparte had already visited her at the law firm and basically threatened her son life.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - dicappatore - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 10:06 AM)Henry of green Wrote: I agree the show like game of thrones at times throws Character logic out the window to suit overall plot.

This is why, I conclude, we have to asses our opinions of these characters based on what they gave us, including the illogical outcome and reactions of their incidents. Otherwise, it would be a re-write of fanfiction.