Grimm Forum
would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? (/Thread-would-nick-have-forgiven-adalind-if-she-had-left-baby-kelly)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - WispyWillow - 10-19-2017

near the end of season 5 there were a lot of posts about adalind daring to take nick's son with her after conrad threatening the three of them.

would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? would he feel that she abandoned baby kelly even if he knew she didn't want to leave?

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - dicappatore - 10-19-2017

(10-19-2017, 09:45 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: near the end of season 5 there were a lot of posts about adalind daring to take nick's son with her after conrad threatening the three of them.

would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? would he feel that she abandoned baby kelly even if he knew she didn't want to leave?

Well, given the fact that he forgave her for taking Kelly from him, I am sure he would have forgiven her for leaving him with Nick. Isn't taking the kid, worse than leaving him behind?

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - WispyWillow - 10-19-2017

baby kelly would be in danger either way. he was probably safer with adalind since conrad needed him as leverage against nick. baby kelly was already part of renard's happy family by the end of the season. adalind was more expendable. even a furious conrad chocked adalind instead of threatening kelly again to get nick's location.

[Image: Immagine-11.jpg?x63298]

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - wesen - 10-19-2017

That's a good question Wispy Willow. I wonder about this too, and I agree with you that Kelly's life would have been in danger either way whether he had stayed with Adalind or not. I think if Adalind had left Kelly, Nick would have understood her still and probably not held it against her. But I think a part of him would be disappointed too, since she's always presented herself to Nick as someone who would never abandon her children, even in times of great danger. Would Nick have gone to the lengths that he did if it was just Adalind who left? Or would he wait for her to contact him before he made any plan of action to try and rescue her?

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - rpmaluki - 10-20-2017

Honestly I'm fairly certain Nick would know immediately that she was coerced/threatened to leave him knowing how attached she was to her children. She would never leave them willingly.

I do think he'd forgive her. How that goes about with BC still in power is the interesting part. I'm sure Adalind would have explained herself in a letter just as she did on the show. She would have left Kelly with Rosalee and the letter in his things for him to find. Knowing that BC likely forced her to leave and his wish that his son not grow up without his mother, I believe Nick would have tried to make contact with her and probably try to save her but I'm not sure how she would have felt about that, especially if it meant leaving without Diana.

Nick suffers from a hero complex, I can't picture him doing nothing while having a grasp of the truth. I don't know if his feelings for her would have followed the same trajectory as the show, realising his deep feelings for her after she left him. He would have done everything in his power to reunite mother and son regardless of how he felt about her or what he thinks she felt about him after witnessing the BC "happy family" plot with Sean on live television.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - jsgrimm45 - 10-20-2017

Going on how the season played out, what would Nick have done with all his friends on the run? Who would have cared for Kelly? Where would he have been safe, even Bud became a target, so staying with Bud was also out of the question.

I think Nick by then knew how Adalind felt about him and trusted her to do the right thing for both Kelly and Diana, which IMO she did and Nick knew she did, getting the children out of the line of fire so to speak.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - rpmaluki - 10-20-2017

@WispyWillow, @wesen and @jsgrimm45 you're all raising a point that gets lost in the midst of the ire rising from Adalind taking Kelly to the BC mansion. It was a stupid thing for her to do but it is evident Kelly would still be in danger if she had left him behind. We see with Bonaparte's torturing of Nick that it centered around taking Kelly away from him. With Kelly left behind, he was prime target against Nick to force him to hand over the Grimm family tree book. As long as Adalind had Kelly at the mansion, it was simpler to use the separation against Nick but he wouldn't need to act on any threats as yet because on the other hand, they had to sell the idea of "happy families" with Renard. As long as Bonaparte had Adalind under his control, harming Kelly, his leverage against Nick, would have worked against his cause.

In the end, Kelly's was as equally safe and in danger with either Nick or Adalind, depending on what Bonaparte was prepared to do to get what he wanted.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-20-2017

"Forgiving" Adalind was never an issue for Nick. He immediately directed 100% of the blame onto Sean.

RE: would nick have forgiven adalind if she had left baby kelly? - Hell Rell - 10-20-2017

Adalind left with Kelly before all the mayhem happened with Bonaparte dying and Nick being hunted. Considering that time period, I think Nick would've forgiven Adalind had she left Kelly with Rosalee. I actually think he would've preferred that rather than her taking off with Kelly. He wouldn't have viewed it as her abandoning Kelly. Adalind would've left a letter in that situation too and would've explained why she had to leave. Kelly would probably still be in danger but I don't doubt Nick would've wanted his son with him regardless of the danger he faced.

(10-20-2017, 10:47 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: "Forgiving" Adalind was never an issue for Nick. He immediately directed 100% of the blame onto Sean.
That was smart of him.