Grimm Forum
Difference between Nick's two relationships - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Difference between Nick's two relationships (/Thread-Difference-between-Nick-s-two-relationships)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - irukandji - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 01:15 PM)brandon Wrote: I think it was because Adalind did not drive him away from she.
Juliette, yes, did.
To heed his fear made him and his attitude of " you can not understand it be cause you're not Wesen"...

Seriously? Adalind wouldn't have dared drive Nick away from her. She needed protection, a home, security, the whole gamut. If Nick was so magnanimous and great, why did Adalind feel she needed to make a deal to get his protection? This is the grimm, the one who protects the good. You mean he couldn't see that Adalind was being truly honest with him and take her in.............without a deal?

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - rpmaluki - 10-14-2017

People, myself included, said he showed lack of trust (S5), not that he remained that way (S6).

I think what JS meant was that Nick gave Adalind time to build "his" trust in her, JS can correct me if I'm wrong. Both Monroe and Rosalee convinced Nick to let Adalind come to him and admit the truth in order to build trust in the relationship. That's exactly what happened.

We are discussing Nick's side of the issue but Adalind also had to have trust in Nick. Trust is a two way street. She did say that trust didn't come easy between them and with good reason. She'd been afraid of him and what he might do but ultimately confessed because she couldn't hide the truth from him any longer. That was a sign of trust from her end of things. His careful watching of Adalind's demeanour and her character, along with her confession fostered his trust in her even though she left him practically 24 hours later. He believed her note even though it hurt him deeply. By the time they are reunited, there's no doubt in him of her character or love for him.

(10-14-2017, 01:20 PM)degrimm Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 11:36 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 10:23 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 06:45 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 05:58 AM)degrimm Wrote: Juliette continued to live with nick cos she still deeply loved him and felt they could work on their trust issues. That nick was a baby grimm, is just not an excuse. He is a matured cop and he knows what's called protection, the same cop protection he had on adalind and his baby.

What a hell of a way to work on “TRUST ISSUES” while Juliette keeping secrets from Nick. After making a pact not to keep secrets from each other. Given their past after the coma, she goes and confides with Sean, the Snake, Renard of all people. I guess I better read up on what the word “Trust” means.

@dicappatore i've explained to you the events of the later part of season 4; stop using that as an excuse; she never confided in sean, she only went to him for solution and part of that is saying the problem. If you are going to see a professional about its specialty, you need a referral and that person needs to know the exact problem. Juliette wanted to see sean's mother and went to him but sean referred her to henrietta.
I fully understand what trust is and its meaning, but i also know that trust can be affected by surrounding issues. adalind did the same thing and differences was that he was there emotionally for adalind, which was different for juliette

And you dare accuse of twisting the shitz around?? Yea, she sure did trust Sean. I guess you missed the follow up to her “Professional Consultant” when she went back and checked out her “Willy Johnson”.

I guess we can call that “trust alla trollop style”. Caused by her surroundings, according to you. I guess she was surrounded by Sean’s booboos, and went to kiss them. Can you refresh my memory? I don’t recall Kenneth kicking Sean in the balls for her to look for them boo-boos in that part of him!

Let’s not forget, how considerate, your gal, Juliette was. When she was checking out those same boo-boos on Kenneth!

what does confide means?? did she go to sean renard and say i want you keep a secret for me,and leave only in that episode 11? she went looking for solution, she went looking for answers and sean renard's mother. when you intelligently have something tangible to say here, talk;if not So QUIT!!!!! talking shit and scrap here and do your research well.
She showed better confidence in Sean because she didn't fear him severing her head off her shoulders like she did Nick. To confide does mean to reveal, regardless of what she intended to do beyond that point, which was to ask for his help, not directly of course.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - Devegs - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 06:45 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Given their past... she goes and confides with Sean...

I think that was one of the things that hurt Nick the most. That she would go to Sean before him. He even stated it.
Also like @Rp put it, she had been working things out on her own after they had agreed they would stop keeping secrets from each other and chose to keep Nick in the dark for that long.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - dicappatore - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 12:01 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: It's also been noted countless times that Adalind basically went through a similar situation with her powers returning but why did N/A succeed where N/J failed? I think at the time of Juliette’s confession she had already given up on her relationship with Nick so when he doesn't respond the way she wants, it's like a confirmation of what she'd long decided, to end things between them. It was impossible for Nick to respond with nothing but acceptance of something so shocking and unexpected happening to Juliette. He made several mistakes yes but nothing that couldn't be worked out given time.

With Adalind, he'd been living with the knowledge that someday her Hex would return although I think he was hoping it would be in the distant future. When he found out, he was mad that she had lied to him but he had a cooling off period because of Rosalee talking sense to him to wait and see, something Juliette never had. She'd turned to the wrong person first, Sean Renard. Henrietta was a good idea but the mistrust was building already. Just like before, Nick didn't want to lose what he had but unlike before, Adalind wanted the same thing and was willing to work towards keeping it even with the hexenbiest back in full force. Juliette didn't.

Let’s put aside all the patience Nick showed for her when she was recovering from her coma awakening effects. Let’s just focus on her becoming a Hex. How long did she take to come to terms with her new condition? Days, weeks, maybe even a month or so, whatever it was, it wasn’t one lousy day! One lousy day was all nick got to come to terms to her condition. How the flock is that fair.

All this crap that he wasn’t there for her on that split second, she voge, is bull crap. She might be a Hex but she is also a full-grown woman, yet she gets a pass on how she is reacting, but Nick is to fall into place, in a split second, like a trained dog?

But to keep on this thread topic. One of the BIGGEST differences on his two relations. When Adalind moved in with Nick in “HIS” house and then in “HIS FOME”. As the “Nadalind Love Nest” grew. How many times did Adalind voge into the “hag look” to his face, compared to Juliette? Can someone point me to a scene, episode or deleted scene when she does and then asks for a kiss??

Here is a thought. Maybe if the flocking bitch didn’t voge into Nick face, in his house, in the same manner she didn’t voge to Sean and Ken, maybe, just maybe he wouldn’t have gone for a walk!

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - irukandji - 10-14-2017

I didn't make the argument that Nick was the cold and remote grimm. I said he hadn't changed, in my opinion. And that said, he didn't progress into a happy and smiling grimm by the end of the series. What I'm saying is that Nick neither digressed or progressed. As a result, neither of his relationships with Juliette or Adalind made one bit of difference in his life.

Besides Trubel and maybe mama Kelly, I don't know any Grimms who are happy and smiling all the time about being one. Aunt Marie called it a curse. By S4 Nick had lost too much being a grimm, he did everything to hold on to his son. By end of S6 he'd almost lost everything else and seemed to lose his mind from the grief. He's world weary by the end but when he gets his family and friends back, I don't doubt how happy that makes him. He smiles and hugs everyone except for Sean for obvious reasons. He doesn't hug Monroe but I think that's due to Rosalee, Hank and Wu showing up before he had the chance.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - degrimm - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 01:28 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: People, myself included, said he showed lack of trust (S5), not that he remained that way (S6).

I think what JS meant was that Nick gave Adalind time to build "his" trust in her, JS can correct me if I'm wrong. Both Monroe and Rosalee convinced Nick to let Adalind come to him and admit the truth in order to build trust in the relationship. That's exactly what happened.

We are discussing Nick's side of the issue but Adalind also had to have trust in Nick. Trust is a two way street. She did say that trust didn't come easy between them and with good reason. She'd been afraid of him and what he might do but ultimately confessed because she couldn't hide the truth from him any longer. That was a sign of trust from her end of things. His careful watching of Adalind's demeanour and her character, along with her confession fostered his trust in her even though she left him practically 24 hours later. He believed her note even though it hurt him deeply. By the time they are reunited, there's no doubt in him of her character or love for him.

(10-14-2017, 10:23 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 06:45 AM)dicappatore Wrote: What a hell of a way to work on “TRUST ISSUES” while Juliette keeping secrets from Nick. After making a pact not to keep secrets from each other. Given their past after the coma, she goes and confides with Sean, the Snake, Renard of all people. I guess I better read up on what the word “Trust” means.

@dicappatore i've explained to you the events of the later part of season 4; stop using that as an excuse; she never confided in sean, she only went to him for solution and part of that is saying the problem. If you are going to see a professional about its specialty, you need a referral and that person needs to know the exact problem. Juliette wanted to see sean's mother and went to him but sean referred her to henrietta.
I fully understand what trust is and its meaning, but i also know that trust can be affected by surrounding issues. adalind did the same thing and differences was that he was there emotionally for adalind, which was different for juliette

And you dare accuse of twisting the shitz around?? Yea, she sure did trust Sean. I guess you missed the follow up to her “Professional Consultant” when she went back and checked out her “Willy Johnson”.

I guess we can call that “trust alla trollop style”. Caused by her surroundings, according to you. I guess she was surrounded by Sean’s booboos, and went to kiss them. Can you refresh my memory? I don’t recall Kenneth kicking Sean in the balls for her to look for them boo-boos in that part of him!

Let’s not forget, how considerate, your gal, Juliette was. When she was checking out those same boo-boos on Kenneth!

what does confide means?? did she go to sean renard and say i want you keep a secret for me,and leave only in that episode 11? she went looking for solution, she went looking for answers and sean renard's mother. when you intelligently have something tangible to say here, talk;if not So QUIT!!!!! talking shit and scrap here and do your research well.
She showed better confidence in Sean because she didn't fear him severing her head off her shoulders like she did Nick. To confide does mean to reveal, regardless of what she intended to do beyond that point, which was to ask for his help, not directly of course.

My point here is sean renard could at any point told nick or anyone who cared to but it wasn't his place to do so; she told him cos yes he was the specie as her but also went to look for solution

He even confessed to Adalind that he almost went crazy after she left him. Nick's opportunities of unbridled pure happiness grew fewer and fewer the longer he became a Grimm so he desperately held on to what he had, refusing to lose any more. We saw him smile less but that didn't mean he was unhappy all the time. Both Adalind and Kelly made him smile just before Z almost took it all away from him.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - dicappatore - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 01:56 PM)degrimm Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 01:28 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: People, myself included, said he showed lack of trust (S5), not that he remained that way (S6).

(10-14-2017, 10:23 AM)degrimm Wrote: @dicappatore i've explained to you the events of the later part of season 4; stop using that as an excuse; she never confided in sean, she only went to him for solution and part of that is saying the problem. If you are going to see a professional about its specialty, you need a referral and that person needs to know the exact problem. Juliette wanted to see sean's mother and went to him but sean referred her to henrietta.

My point here is sean renard could at any point told nick or anyone who cared to but it wasn't his place to do so; she told him cos yes he was the specie as her but also went to look for solution

She wanted to look for a solution?? Isn't what Nick wanted to do also? Doesn't "went to look for a solution" equate to "fixing me?" Excusez-moi mademoiselle, she was just a confused child!!!

(10-14-2017, 01:56 PM)degrimm Wrote:

(10-14-2017, 10:23 AM)degrimm Wrote: @dicappatore i've explained to you the events of the later part of season 4; stop using that as an excuse; she never confided in sean, she only went to him for solution and part of that is saying the problem. If you are going to see a professional about its specialty, you need a referral and that person needs to know the exact problem. Juliette wanted to see sean's mother and went to him but sean referred her to henrietta.

She did so while excluding her boyfriend of how many years?

Regardless, it was her choice to leave Nick out. I wouldn't mind it so much if she'd been patient with Nick and communicated in a less volatile way that "fixing" her wasn't an option she wanted to explore anymore, that coupled with destroying Nick in anyway she could.