Grimm Forum
Difference between Nick's two relationships - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Difference between Nick's two relationships (/Thread-Difference-between-Nick-s-two-relationships)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - irukandji - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 05:58 AM)degrimm Wrote: So juliette as an hexenbiest, he would love her but not as much he used to. it's the reason why he didn't sleep on the bed with her. it's the reason he wasn't there emotionally for her

Actually degrimm, there was a scene in the jail where Juliette defied Nick about sleeping with her.

Juliette: Aren't you scared of what you might do to me?
Nick: I could never hurt you, Juliette.
Juliette: I wish I could say the same. But I just don't know anymore, because deep down, I do blame you for what's happened to me, and part of me loves you for it, because I have never felt like this before. It's ironic, isn't it? You've been the special one for so long. You're connected to a world that most people will never know or understand. And now I know and I understand, and I don't want to give it up, just like you didn't want to give it up. And know I know why. Once you're in it and you've seen it and tasted it and lived it, you can't go back. Everyone else just seems blind. I like this power, Nick, and I know you do too.
Nick: Stop it! I can't.
Juliette: You really think that you can just take off your clothes and crawl into bed with me again? And close your eyes?

She was right. Nick was never, ever going to accept her as a hexenbiest.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - brandon - 10-14-2017

he could not do it because she stopped him.
she showed with her attitude that she did not believe in him and was never expressed that she wanted.she's behaving like crazy and if it ends like this it is because of him as it happens with Anakin

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - jsgrimm45 - 10-14-2017

This is one of these debates that can cause hair loss and forum I don't have a lot to loss.

Starting with Juliette when she gets to showing Nick she a hexenbiest two thing happen one shock and the bigger IMO is Nick's guilt. We seen once Nick got time to think things out he told Juliette that he needed to understand her like she have come to understand him being a Grimm, now Juliette knew Nick when he said her never hurt her she would have known that was true.

Now Adalind Nick knew she was a hexenbiest so he not guilty of making her one so no guilt. Different starting point for their relationship and they have a son.

Now how many Grimm's had wesen friends? None likely. So Nick coming to terms with a hexenbiest may have taken some time but is wasn't the first time he had came to terms with wesen. Had Juliette given him that time who knows, what we do know that the writers didn't let that happen. See we always come back now to what was written the with if's are gone.

Those who have the DVDs know that many of the Adalind and Nick growth in the relationship were in the deleted scenes, as someone point out because the WOW was the point of the series not relationships.

Nick took Adalind to a protect site to keep her and Kelly safe because he couldn't be sure that Juliette wouldn't kill both, she had said at the police station that no child of Adalind's could be innocent. We know the old Juliette wouldn't do that but had seen the hexenbiest Juliette not a pretty sight, which was later proved by Juliette setting up Kelly for Kenneth.

Now at the loft Adalind and Nick formed a family unit over time. Nick also learned as he did with Monroe that wesen could be different even a hexenbiest, and was surprised at how good a mother she was.

So Adalind give Nick time to grow and Nick gave Adalind trust. Those IMO are what makes Nick/Adalind work, and Nick/Juliette not work.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - degrimm - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 06:45 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 05:58 AM)degrimm Wrote: Juliette continued to live with nick cos she still deeply loved him and felt they could work on their trust issues. That nick was a baby grimm, is just not an excuse. He is a matured cop and he knows what's called protection, the same cop protection he had on adalind and his baby.

What a hell of a way to work on “TRUST ISSUES” while Juliette keeping secrets from Nick. After making a pact not to keep secrets from each other. Given their past after the coma, she goes and confides with Sean, the Snake, Renard of all people. I guess I better read up on what the word “Trust” means.

@dicappatore i've explained to you the events of the later part of season 4; stop using that as an excuse; she never confided in sean, she only went to him for solution and part of that is saying the problem. If you are going to see a professional about its specialty, you need a referral and that person needs to know the exact problem. Juliette wanted to see sean's mother and went to him but sean referred her to henrietta.
I fully understand what trust is and its meaning, but i also know that trust can be affected by surrounding issues. adalind did the same thing and differences was that he was there emotionally for adalind, which was different for juliette

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - rpmaluki - 10-14-2017

To confide means to reveal something. She went to Sean, revealed her transformed nature before Nick no matter what her end goal was. This is what happened on the show and we saw how that affected Nick when she finally confessed. She'd gone through all the stages of dealing with being a hexenbiest without him which was entirely her choice but I can't imagine her S.O. brushing it off being excluded and then given almost no time to process fully what took her weeks or months (going by Adalind's pregnancy) to accept.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - dicappatore - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 10:23 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 05:58 AM)degrimm Wrote: Juliette continued to live with nick cos she still deeply loved him and felt they could work on their trust issues. That nick was a baby grimm, is just not an excuse. He is a matured cop and he knows what's called protection, the same cop protection he had on adalind and his baby.

What a hell of a way to work on “TRUST ISSUES” while Juliette keeping secrets from Nick. After making a pact not to keep secrets from each other. Given their past after the coma, she goes and confides with Sean, the Snake, Renard of all people. I guess I better read up on what the word “Trust” means.

@dicappatore i've explained to you the events of the later part of season 4; stop using that as an excuse; she never confided in sean, she only went to him for solution and part of that is saying the problem. If you are going to see a professional about its specialty, you need a referral and that person needs to know the exact problem. Juliette wanted to see sean's mother and went to him but sean referred her to henrietta.
I fully understand what trust is and its meaning, but i also know that trust can be affected by surrounding issues. adalind did the same thing and differences was that he was there emotionally for adalind, which was different for juliette

And you dare accuse of twisting the shitz around?? Yea, she sure did trust Sean. I guess you missed the follow up to her “Professional Consultant” when she went back and checked out her “Willy Johnson”.

I guess we can call that “trust alla trollop style”. Caused by her surroundings, according to you. I guess she was surrounded by Sean’s booboos, and went to kiss them. Can you refresh my memory? I don’t recall Kenneth kicking Sean in the balls for her to look for them boo-boos in that part of him!

Let’s not forget, how considerate, your gal, Juliette was. When she was checking out those same boo-boos on Kenneth!

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - rpmaluki - 10-14-2017

It's also been noted countless times that Adalind basically went through a similar situation with her powers returning but why did N/A succeed where N/J failed? I think at the time of Juliette’s confession she had already given up on her relationship with Nick so when he doesn't respond the way she wants, it's like a confirmation of what she'd long decided, to end things between them. It was impossible for Nick to respond with nothing but acceptance of something so shocking and unexpected happening to Juliette. He made several mistakes yes but nothing that couldn't be worked out given time.

With Adalind, he'd been living with the knowledge that someday her Hex would return although I think he was hoping it would be in the distant future. When he found out, he was mad that she had lied to him but he had a cooling off period because of Rosalee talking sense to him to wait and see, something Juliette never had. She'd turned to the wrong person first, Sean Renard. Henrietta was a good idea but the mistrust was building already. Just like before, Nick didn't want to lose what he had but unlike before, Adalind wanted the same thing and was willing to work towards keeping it even with the hexenbiest back in full force. Juliette didn't.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - irukandji - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 07:58 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: So Adalind give Nick time to grow and Nick gave Adalind trust. Those IMO are what makes Nick/Adalind work, and Nick/Juliette not work.

Um....no, not according to the recent posts regarding the more serious, sober, and uber-grimm Nick. Read back aways, js. There are posts stating Nick didn't entirely trust Adalind. There were comments that Nick was more reserved and less trusting of others outside his close-knit group.

Adalind was not part of that close knit group according to these posters. Nick didn't trust her personally but only kept her close for Kelly's safety and protection.

Read the posts, js. There are some real interesting thoughts on Nick's distrust of Adalind.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - brandon - 10-14-2017

I think it was because Adalind did not drive him away from she.
Juliette, yes, did.
To heed his fear made him and his attitude of " you can not understand it be cause you're not Wesen"...

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - degrimm - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 11:36 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 10:23 AM)degrimm Wrote:

And you dare accuse of twisting the shitz around?? Yea, she sure did trust Sean. I guess you missed the follow up to her “Professional Consultant” when she went back and checked out her “Willy Johnson”.

I guess we can call that “trust alla trollop style”. Caused by her surroundings, according to you. I guess she was surrounded by Sean’s booboos, and went to kiss them. Can you refresh my memory? I don’t recall Kenneth kicking Sean in the balls for her to look for them boo-boos in that part of him!

Let’s not forget, how considerate, your gal, Juliette was. When she was checking out those same boo-boos on Kenneth!

what does confide means?? did she go to sean renard and say i want you keep a secret for me,and leave only in that episode 11? she went looking for solution, she went looking for answers and sean renard's mother. when you intelligently have something tangible to say here, talk;if not So QUIT!!!!! talking shit and scrap here and do your research well.