Grimm Forum
Difference between Nick's two relationships - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Difference between Nick's two relationships (/Thread-Difference-between-Nick-s-two-relationships)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - irukandji - 10-13-2017

Nick could have easily requested that Adalind be put in protective custody. Instead he allowed her to live in his house and if she wanted to leave, she had the use of Juliette's car. I think he placed a good deal of trust in her and not merely because she had his child. I just didn't see a change in Nick after Juliette.

And this is what I mean by there being really no change in the relationships. Nick acted the same toward Adalind as he did toward Juliette.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - wesen - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 03:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: Nick could have easily requested that Adalind be put in protective custody. Instead he allowed her to live in his house and if she wanted to leave, she had the use of Juliette's car. I think he placed a good deal of trust in her and not merely because she had his child. I just didn't see a change in Nick after Juliette.

He sort of did put Adalind in protective custody in season 5 while she was pregnant with Kelly. Nick had a discussion with Rosalee about where Adalind and Kelly would live, they both agreed that having Adalind and Kelly live with him was the best choice as he couldn't really trust anyone else to look after them. He probably thought that he could protect his son and Adalind better than anyone else could. If Nick trusted Adalind from the start, he would have had no problem telling her about the stick after he got back from Germany.

Yes, but is not telling Adalind about the stick really enough proof that Nick has changed?

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - wesen - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 04:23 PM)irukandji Wrote: Yes, but is not telling Adalind about the stick really enough proof that Nick has changed?

Compared to season 1 Nick season 5 Nick was more serious, grimm like, less easy going and barely smiled or laughed. I would say he did change, although it is quite subtle. We see him more wary of the world in general, choosing to live in an unfriendly uninviting loft not really fit for kids because of the safety and protection it offered. I also dont think that any of the characters changed because of Nick, nor should they expect Nick to change for them.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - rpmaluki - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 04:37 PM)wesen Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:23 PM)irukandji Wrote: Yes, but is not telling Adalind about the stick really enough proof that Nick has changed?

Compared to season 1 Nick season 5 Nick was more serious, grimm like, less easy going and barely smiled or laughed. I would say he did change, although it is quite subtle. We see him more wary of the world in general, choosing to live in an unfriendly uninviting loft not really fit for kids because of the safety and protection it offered. I also dont think that any of the characters changed because of Nick, nor should they expect Nick to change for them.
I see the same changes in Nick as well. He's more grimm, less cop. He's more reserved with those outside his small group. Less trusting. As you say, these are subtle changes compared to Adalind and Juliette but they are changes nonetheless.

Nick didn't trust Adalind with the potion so she took it herself to prove she was genuine. He took her to Bud's to hide her from Juliette and the royals. He only took her in after Kelly. He didn't trust anyone else with his son and by extension Adalind since he promised he'd never take Kelly away from her. That's not the same as trusting her. We know he didn't that's why he kept the stick's existence from her. It's only in S6 that he trusts her and has let her into his confidence despite her "leaving" him at the end of S5 and we know it's because he knew the circumstances that brought that on and didn't blame her taking Kelly away.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - dicappatore - 10-13-2017

(10-13-2017, 08:05 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 04:37 PM)wesen Wrote: Compared to season 1 Nick season 5 Nick was more serious, grimm like, less easy going and barely smiled or laughed. I would say he did change, although it is quite subtle. We see him more wary of the world in general, choosing to live in an unfriendly uninviting loft not really fit for kids because of the safety and protection it offered. I also dont think that any of the characters changed because of Nick, nor should they expect Nick to change for them.
I see the same changes in Nick as well. He's more grimm, less cop. He's more reserved with those outside his small group. Less trusting. As you say, these are subtle changes compared to Adalind and Juliette but they are changes nonetheless.

Nick didn't trust Adalind with the potion so she took it herself to prove she was genuine. He took her to Bud's to hide her from Juliette and the royals. He only took her in after Kelly. He didn't trust anyone else with his son and by extension Adalind since he promised he'd never take Kelly away from her. That's not the same as trusting her. We know he didn't that's why he kept the stick's existence from her. It's only in S6 that he trusts her and has let her into his confidence despite her "leaving" him at the end of S5 and we know it's because he knew the circumstances that brought that on and didn't blame her taking Kelly away.

wes & rp, I have to admit, I have seen the same changes in some friends and relatives that became cops do almost what Nick did. They become closer with a smaller group of friends and family. More reserved and less trusting of others outside their close-knit group.

I hate to admit this, but I think all cops or all law enforcement people should be limited to maybe just a 10-year service. I can’t speak for all of LE, but I can see the changes some of my friends and family that were and are LE.

I don't recall Nick being all that gregarious with anyone outside the scoobies. Maybe someone can enlighten me on what relationships he had in seasons 1-4 that were eradicated once he became the serious, sober and no nonsense grimm in season 5.

The other thing that points to no changes in Nick, in my opinion, is his relationship with Adalind. As I stated before, it appears to me that all the two women did was change places. If, as pointed out, Nick became more suspicious, more serious, and more remote, then he would not have taken Adalind freely into the house and then into the fome with him. He certainly would not have trusted her with his child and would have fought long and hard to gain custody of the baby.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - degrimm - 10-14-2017

(10-13-2017, 01:22 PM)wesen Wrote: Nick was in love with Juliette, even as a hexenbiest he still loved her. That never changed, right up until her supposed 'death' in the season 4 finale, and even at the start of season 5. Juliette falling pregnant and being a hexenbiest at the same time would not have changed how Nick felt about her, even though he hated hexenbiests in general. Nick didn't suddenly love Adalind when she came to live with him, they both knew and understood that they needed to learn to get along with each other for Kelly's sake. If there was one person that Nick could be described as having loved immediately, it would be baby Kelly.

Nick was still in love with juliette but didn't love her the way he had loved her before. So even though juliette has had a baby, nick used to love juliette as a good person. So juliette as an hexenbiest, he would love her but not as much he used to. it's the reason why he didn't sleep on the bed with her. it's the reason he wasn't there emotionally for her

(10-13-2017, 01:22 PM)wesen Wrote: The problem I had with Juliette in her amnesia phase was that yes, even though she did continue living with Nick, I felt she treated him rather unkindly. I don't blame her attraction to Renard at that time because she was clearly under a spell, but if she really didn't remember Nick or wanted to have a relationship with him, she could have either left him or asked him to leave. Why stay with a guy she couldn't remember? It obviously wasn't for love, and if she was doing it for Nick's sake, why treat him coldly then?

Even in season 1, Juliette continued living with Nick even though she turned down his proposal because she felt she couldn't trust him. As for Nick being unable to protect Juliette, yes Nick wasn't able to completely protect her, but then again he was just new at being a grimm at that time. After Juliette found out about Nick being a grimm, and the dangers that came with being in a relationship with one, she had a choice once again to either leave or stay. Let's say Juliette stayed because she loved Nick too much, but in that case, she made the choice to also accept whatever risks or harm may come her way. Yet in season 4, before the hexenbiest got full control of Juliette, Juliette blamed Nick for everything that happened to her without acknowledging her own responsibility. Even as JuliEve, she still never fully took complete responsibility for her own actions, choosing to blame Juliette for her behaviour, instead of apologising.

At what point did she treat him badly; is it when she tried to talk to him about having a bad nightmare or when she was seeing gazillion nick or when she wanted answers to her situation and nick was refusing to help. If that is your definition of treating badly cos the script said that without such action, then i can safely assume that in terms of real life actions, you might not understand the word "treating badly".

Juliette continued to live with nick cos she still deeply loved him and felt they could work on their trust issues. That nick was a baby grimm, is just not an excuse. He is a matured cop and he knows what's called protection, the same cop protection he had on adalind and his baby.

(10-13-2017, 01:22 PM)wesen Wrote: I described Juliette as aloof because she wasn't as emotionally expressive as Adalind was. Yes, she was sociable and knew how to interact with others, but it was sometimes hard to figure out her emotions based on her facial expressions. She came across as remote and rather cold, because of this lack of expressions. We see this aloof side of Juliette in extreme mode when she turns into Eve. Yes, Eve may have disconnected herself from 'Juliette', but imo this Eve persona was always just a part of Juliette, the cold, calculating part of her. The stick brought back her emotions in season 6, so she was really Juliette again, although an older, tougher, wiser Juliette.

As for Nick and Adalind interacting with each other in a funny casual manner, there was the episode where they were talking about Nick going down into the tunnels and whether it was dangerous for him to do so. Adalind was being rather playful and cheeky in that scene and Nick was laughing along with her. We also see Nick and Adalind interacting with his friends at the house warming dinner party at the loft, and also we see it in Blind Love. We also see a playful exchange between Nick and Adalind with the shaving scene with the mirror in the bathroom.

nick and adalind aren't really the "talking" couple. yes they talk but even when they became comfortable, it wasn't that much informal talk. that's what i meant. Season 5 & 6 was meant to create a more focused grimm with less distraction and adalind provides that and it's why i believe nick and juliette love was stronger than nick and adalind.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - dicappatore - 10-14-2017

(10-14-2017, 05:58 AM)degrimm Wrote: Juliette continued to live with nick cos she still deeply loved him and felt they could work on their trust issues. That nick was a baby grimm, is just not an excuse. He is a matured cop and he knows what's called protection, the same cop protection he had on adalind and his baby.

What a hell of a way to work on “TRUST ISSUES” while Juliette keeping secrets from Nick. After making a pact not to keep secrets from each other. Given their past after the coma, she goes and confides with Sean, the Snake, Renard of all people. I guess I better read up on what the word “Trust” means.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - brandon - 10-14-2017

as he was a wesen only he could understand,that's how she thought-silly Juliette-.
The "Wesens" said that others would be prejudiced but they were too prejudiced.
Juliette's attitude was very prejudiced