Grimm Forum
Difference between Nick's two relationships - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Difference between Nick's two relationships (/Thread-Difference-between-Nick-s-two-relationships)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - rpmaluki - 10-21-2017

He loves Diana, why shouldn't she leave her with him? As badly as it was shown, the show did write a Renard that truly loved his daughter.
You saying she has deep feelings for Renard and I asked you what beside those we saw her exhibit on the show.

As far as I can remember this is what she felt for him -
S1: love/infatuation, rejection
S2: anger, resentment
S3 and S4: disdain and fellowship,
S5: anger,
S6: mistrust and resignation.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - Hell Rell - 10-21-2017

(10-21-2017, 10:28 AM)irukandji Wrote: If she didn't trust him, why would she leave Diana alone with him?

But aside from that, are those the only feelings you can see Adalind being capable of; love, hate and mistrust?

In later seasons, I think Adalind saw Sean similar to how Nick saw Adalind in season 4. Nick didn't trust or even like Adalind in season 4 but didn't want any harm coming to her since she was the mother of his child. Adalind was pleading with Nick to just not hate her any more when Kelly was born. Nick left Kelly alone with Adalind before he developed strong feelings or trust in her. I'm just stating what happened rather than analyzing it which would lead to a different conversation and I don't begrudge anyone who finds fault with how it was executed.

Back to Renard, Adalind didn't have any lingering feelings for him. She didn't go to him out of any affection. Adalind just went to him to find out about Diana and get her back. She never entertained the thought of there being anymore she could get out of the deal.

One constant problem I see when you analyze Adalind's actions is you're using season 1-2 characterization to try and explain them. It's been mentioned before that someone needs to completely disregard everything shown in the later seasons for this to hold any water. Like it or not, Adalind has changed and she's not still infatuated with Renard or using Nick.

(10-21-2017, 10:55 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 10:46 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: He loves Diana, why shouldn't she leave her with him? As badly as it was shown, the show did write a Renard that truly loved his daughter.
You saying she has deep feelings for Renard and I asked you what beside those we saw her exhibit on the show.

As far as I can remember this is what she felt for him -
S1: love/infatuation, rejection
S2: anger, resentment
S3 and S4: disdain and fellowship,
S5: anger,
S6: mistrust and resignation.

I think late season 5 early season 6 Adalind showed in her eyes how much she hated him at that time she gave him a few death stares. After moving out of mansion she softend towards him for Daugthers sake.
This is true.

When Adalind went to Renard for help in S6, it was for Diana's sake not her own. Adalind has had to set aside her anger and resentment towards him from the S1 rejection and the eventual S3 kidnapping of Diana in order to accomplish a task, be it falling pregnant to bargain for her powers to be returned or going to him for protection against Nick and Kelly or going to him for help in looking for Diana. For herself, Adalind has little feelings for Renard unless you count all the negative ones since they far outweigh the good ones.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - irukandji - 10-21-2017

Before the opinion police get here with the typical blustering and bullying, I want to add that I do not see these as 24/7 emotions, just things I've interpreted Adalind as revealing from time to time:

Intuition
Sympathy
Understanding
Respect
Trust
She likes him from time to time. If she didn't, she certainly wouldn't bother with showing any of the above.

(10-21-2017, 11:08 AM)irukandji Wrote: Before the opinion police get here with the typical blustering and bullying, I want to add that I do not see these as 24/7 emotions, just things I've interpreted Adalind as revealing from time to time:

Intuition
Sympathy
Understanding
Respect
Trust
She likes him from time to time. If she didn't, she certainly wouldn't bother with showing any of the above.
I agree with some of this.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - dicappatore - 10-22-2017

(10-21-2017, 09:53 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 09:48 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 09:42 AM)Henry of green Wrote: It was probably the way Adalind had told her it was one of daddy friends not so subtle hint.

Adalind wouldn't have done that. She didn't want to take Sean down.
I'm not saying that I'm saying when Adalind told her it was one of daddy's freinds
it give her the hint it was Boneparte that had bruised her neck.

Here is a great example when one’s convoluted idiotic opinion becomes a fact and a fact becomes non-existence.

How can someone state that Adalind wouldn’t have done that, when she did? Why else did Diana go after Bonaparte unless Adalind told her. Does it matter if she told her directly or in-directly? Why is this even an argument. WTF where they watching to even create this ridiculous contradiction?

Diana killed Bonaparte using Sean because Bonaparte tried to choke her mom. This is what happened! THE END!

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - dicappatore - 10-22-2017

S4, E2, Octopus Head, toward the end of this episode. Here is another “LITTLE FACT” some tend to forget. After Nick’s Grimm was taken away and Adalind takes off to Vienna to report to the Royals and confirm, she had taken the Grimm from Nick. Adalind ends up in a Hex-proof dungeon.

At the same time, back in Portland, Wu s at Nick’s house asking about Trubel, supposedly a criminology student living with him and Juliette is the same person wanted for a possible double suicide.

As Wu asks Nick about her, he drops to the floor and can only see, what Adalind is seeing, in the dungeon she is in. There is a connection between these two characters that never existed or will exist between Nick and Juliette.

There will be a connection between Diana, Adalind and Juliette later on, but never between Nick and Juliette except when the go to the hotel in S6, E7, Blind Love, but that’s because of an effected drink from the disgruntle waiter. And even then it was just one way, not reciprocal.

(10-22-2017, 01:47 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(10-22-2017, 01:25 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 09:53 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 09:48 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 09:42 AM)Henry of green Wrote: It was probably the way Adalind had told her it was one of daddy friends not so subtle hint.

Adalind wouldn't have done that. She didn't want to take Sean down.
I'm not saying that I'm saying when Adalind told her it was one of daddy's freinds
it give her the hint it was Boneparte that had bruised her neck.

Here is a great example when one’s convoluted idiotic opinion becomes a fact and a fact becomes non-existence.

How can someone state that Adalind wouldn’t have done that, when she did? Why else did Diana go after Bonaparte unless Adalind told her. Does it matter if she told her directly or in-directly? Why is this even an argument. WTF where they watching to even create this ridiculous contradiction?

Diana killed Bonaparte using Sean because Bonaparte tried to choke her mom. This is what happened! THE END!

I think maybe in the back of her mind Adalind was hopping Diania would have the power to take out Boneparte but didn't directly tell her to beacuse she's a good mother .

But like you stated Henry, does it matter how Adailnd told her? The fact is, Adalind told Diana, it was Bonaparte. That info got to Diana by Adalind.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - Robyn - 10-22-2017

Renard/Adalind was complicated but their lives, individually and together, were complicated and chaotic throughout the six seasons. Adalind didn’t run to Renard in S3 because she was still in love or infatuated with him. She went to him for the same reason she went to Nick in S4 - to protect her baby and herself, and to keep them together.

Adalind experiencing the mother/child bond, understanding what it meant to love someone more than herself, and each man’s response to his child being in danger led Adalind to feeling distain and regret for one and love for the other.

I know the show attributed Adalind’s progression from bad to good to Nick, but for me, Adalind becoming a mother set her on that path.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - irukandji - 10-22-2017

Quote:Here is a great example when one’s convoluted idiotic opinion becomes a fact and a fact becomes non-existence.

Well, well, well.....As I thought, the opinion police barged in to provide yet another botched opinion with no fact. Adalind never told Diana directly. But I am curious since you tried to make yourself look so competent in your post and failed: How does one tell a child something *indirectly*?

Adalind said it was a 'friend of daddy's'. That friend could be many, many different people, including Nick. Diana is the one who honed in on Bonaparte of her own accord and not because of some hint from Adalind.

Oh please, feel free to bold, add HUGE fonts, exclamation points and of course your personal favorite, gutter talk.

RE: Difference between Nick's two relationships - Robyn - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 07:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: You are right Robyn,I believe if Renard had of taken of care of Diania and Adalind instead of handing her over to Kelly,she might feel the same way about him as she does nick. I think the main reason she fell for nick is beacuse he stood by her when no one else would. Renard actually tried to have her murderd in season 4 by telling Julliet where her hotel was. I mean considering their pasts Adalind would have excepted nick to be horrible to her but he wasn't he treated her with respect.
I have said that many times, and also speculated that had Adalind’s storyline kept her with Meisner she would have fallen in love with him. But I don’t think it’s as simple as Adalind falling in love with any man who shows her a smidge of compassion. Diana brought about a rush of emotions Adalind hadn’t experienced before that made her ripe for falling in love and forming a family-oriented relationship.

And because of that, I think Adalind falling in love with Meisner, Nick, or Renard had he reacted differently, goes beyond each man’s initial response to protect or betray her. Even if Renard had told Viktor, Nick, and Kelly to go fork themselves I don’t think Adalind would have fallen in love with him the way she did Nick unless he changed how he regarded and treated her.

Because you’re right, despite his qualms over their violent past and his distrust of Adalind, Nick treated her with respect and was considerate of her needs in their initially strained cohabitation. Unlike her previous relationship with Renard, Nick didn’t expect anything from Adalind - other than for her to be a loving mother to his son.