Grimm Forum
Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Grimm (/Thread-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Grimm - wesen - 09-21-2017

I know people like to criticise the writing in Grimm but after watching truly horrifically bad shows like Hemlock Grove and Witches of East End, it made me realise how good a show Grimm actually is. Is it perfect? No. Could it have been written or executed better? Yes, but overall it was still a pretty terrific show. I also tried watching Supernatural and though it wasn't bad, I found it rather boring.

RE: Grimm - bart - 09-21-2017

Helmock Grove is a bad show ?

RE: Grimm - silver - 09-21-2017

Hah, glad I don't own a TV so I don't have to compare, but I know Grimm is some of THE best TV 'theatre' going - or was. boohoo

RE: Grimm - Woge - 09-23-2017

I got hooked on Witches of East End too *eyeroll*

I gave up on Grimm after it first came out, watched a few episodes and just wasn't in the mood or something. THANK GOODNESS I tried again! Have just binge watched seasons 1-5 over the past couple? few? weeks. Loved it. Interesting twists, character development, granted CGI and writing were iffy here and there but i've been entertained. S5 not my favourite, but any series by season 5 is going to be a little stale.

RE: Grimm - Devegs - 09-23-2017

(09-23-2017, 01:02 AM)Woge Wrote: I got hooked on Witches of East End too *eyeroll*

I gave up on Grimm after it first came out, watched a few episodes and just wasn't in the mood or something. THANK GOODNESS I tried again! Have just binge watched seasons 1-5 over the past couple? few? weeks. Loved it. Interesting twists, character development, granted CGI and writing were iffy here and there but i've been entertained. S5 not my favourite, but any series by season 5 is going to be a little stale.

Welcome to the forum Woge.

I concur. The fact that they made it to 5 seasons before the plug was pulled and they still got a mini season to wrap it up meant that they did a number of things right -despite the issues.

Nothing wrong with griping about those issues too. Big Grin

I think I signed up to gripe lol. Tongue

Trying to find other people wondering the same things like 'surely they left the odd fingerprint/dna sample at a wesen crime scene? How have they not been found out?!'

RE: Grimm - dicappatore - 09-23-2017

(09-23-2017, 01:29 AM)Woge Wrote: I think I signed up to gripe lol. Tongue

Trying to find other people wondering the same things like 'surely they left the odd fingerprint/dna sample at a wesen crime scene? How have they not been found out?!'

The impression I got, for DNA to be proven, of the various species, it has to be collected when in voge status. They change back to humans after they die. There was one episode, before Season 2, where Juliette collects a sample DNA on a horse that was attacked.

She sent the sample to a colleague or asks to use a lab to check it out. Some DNA that was a cross between Wesen and human. It’s one of the episodes towards the end of Season 1. The one with the horses getting attacked and Juliette, as a Vet gets involved.

I should have clarified...by 'they' I meant Nick/Hank at various crime scenes after M shows up. Where they have a more active non-cop role.

RE: Grimm - wesen - 09-23-2017

(09-21-2017, 07:24 AM)bart Wrote: Helmock Grove is a bad show ?

Hemlock Grove. Terrible show, although it's similar to Grimm in that both shows deal with magical/mythical creatures.

(09-23-2017, 01:02 AM)Woge Wrote: I got hooked on Witches of East End too *eyeroll*

Witches of East End wasn't so bad at first, but imo it got progressively worse and that was only the first season! I mean, Grimm has its faults but at least it was still a joy to watch, even in its final season. Have you watched season 6 yet?

RE: Grimm - bart - 09-23-2017

(09-23-2017, 11:14 AM)wesen Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 07:24 AM)bart Wrote: Helmock Grove is a bad show ?

Hemlock Grove. Terrible show
No It's not Hemlock Grove its one of best show I've ever seen.