Grimm Forum
Late to the Party - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Late to the Party (/Thread-Late-to-the-Party)

Late to the Party - Fingolfin - 09-20-2017

Well, my dears friends (first post ''ever'' so ...),

at this point i am drunk and am watching season 1 episode 11 '' Tarantula''.
I know that I am way to late, ... read the Name Big Grin
I lived in the US when Grimm stared on TV, I was in High School back than ^^
However I, never watched the show, until my girlfriend of three years suggested it to me, about a week ago.

So, I am stating to feel emotionally invested in the show.
Before I get to watch more of this, as of me writing this, excellent show, I need to know, is it worth it?

Pleas, mind you, I haven't googled Anything about the show, i Dont know how many season there are, nor weather or not it is still on the air.

I#, a nativ german speaker .. Oh and my last name is Burkhardt, just like the main character ^^ ^^
You cant beliove how much I was laughing when my GF toled me, Of cause i didn't believe her, soi we watched the show ... ans I was rolling on the floor.

All I need to know from all you nice people. is weather or not i should continue watching beond season 1.

With the highest regards,

PS: I am highly dyslexic, so pleas excuse my mistakes Wink
And watchin episode 12 of season 1

RE: Late to the Party - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-20-2017

(09-20-2017, 02:45 PM)Fingolfin Wrote: All I need to know from all you nice people. is weather or not i should continue watching beond season 1.

Grimm ended this year. There are six seasons. Or maybe 5.5 seasons, because the last is only 13 episodes.

Most people here will probably agree that you want to watch season 1 and season 3.

Not everybody likes season 2, but you'll need to watch it to understand everything that's going on in season 3.

Opinons about seasons 4-6 differ. You'll just have to watch them and decide for yourself.

RE: Late to the Party - Fingolfin - 09-20-2017

Thank you FaceInTheCrowd,

dint think I'd get a answer si fast,

Anyway, thank you.
Sad to hear about the showes ending, but at this point 6 to 5,5 seasons are plenty for me. (Looking forward to it)

Just out of biosecurity, how did you experience season 2?

RE: Late to the Party - dicappatore - 09-20-2017

(09-20-2017, 02:45 PM)Fingolfin Wrote: Well, my dears friends (first post ''ever'' so ...),

at this point i am drunk and am watching season 1 episode 11 '' Tarantula''.
I know that I am way to late, ... read the Name Big Grin
I lived in the US when Grimm stared on TV, I was in High School back than ^^
However I, never watched the show, until my girlfriend of three years suggested it to me, about a week ago.

So, I am stating to feel emotionally invested in the show.
Before I get to watch more of this, as of me writing this, excellent show, I need to know, is it worth it?

Pleas, mind you, I haven't googled Anything about the show, i Dont know how many season there are, nor weather or not it is still on the air.

I#, a nativ german speaker .. Oh and my last name is Burkhardt, just like the main character ^^ ^^
You cant beliove how much I was laughing when my GF toled me, Of cause i didn't believe her, soi we watched the show ... ans I was rolling on the floor.

All I need to know from all you nice people. is weather or not i should continue watching beond season 1.

With the highest regards,

PS: I am highly dyslexic, so pleas excuse my mistakes Wink
And watchin episode 12 of season 1

S1, E11 is actually, Tarentella which is Italian, better yet, Neopolitan for the "Spider Dance", with it's origin from Tatanto, Italy, but close enough. You are forgiven as a newbie.

RE: Late to the Party - rpmaluki - 09-20-2017

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the show. It's very interesting.

RE: Late to the Party - Devegs - 09-21-2017

Welcome to the forum.
Since you are already enjoying the show, I think you will enjoy all of it. Keep watching.
You'll enjoy some episodes (or seasons) more so than others but that's normal, I think.

RE: Late to the Party - silver - 09-21-2017

Hiya Fingolfin and welcome!

Ditto what Devegs said there - I love the show - I own all the dvd season sets and watch 'em over n over. In order...fwiw.

RE: Late to the Party - Fingolfin - 10-05-2017

Hi everyone (this time sober ^^),

thank you all for responding and being so welcoming.
Well, I followed your advice and obviously continued watching season one.

As we (my partner and I), decided to watch the show only together, it took us some time to finish season one.
And we wholeheartedly loved every God dam second of it, geeking out when ever there were throwbacks to previous episodes, emotional seance, or German language jokes, let me tell you it was utterly amazing Big Grin
(But than again, we all went throughout that for the first time at some point Smile )

Today we started Season 2 and watched the first four episodes.
It is just so amazing to watch the show and I´m really falling in love with it more and more. With every episode I feel more for the Characters.
That is something I have never felt for any Show ^^
(Maybe childish I know, but still I cant help it)

Anyway, thank you all again for your responses, I never thought I´d get this kind of resonance.

RE: Late to the Party - wesen - 10-05-2017

(10-05-2017, 12:47 PM)Fingolfin Wrote: Hi everyone (this time sober ^^),

thank you all for responding and being so welcoming.
Well, I followed your advice and obviously continued watching season one.

As we (my partner and I), decided to watch the show only together, it took us some time to finish season one.
And we wholeheartedly loved every God dam second of it, geeking out when ever there were throwbacks to previous episodes, emotional seance, or German language jokes, let me tell you it was utterly amazing Big Grin
(But than again, we all went throughout that for the first time at some point Smile )

Today we started Season 2 and watched the first four episodes.
It is just so amazing to watch the show and I´m really falling in love with it more and more. With every episode I feel more for the Characters.
That is something I have never felt for any Show ^^
(Maybe childish I know, but still I cant help it)

Anyway, thank you all again for your responses, I never thought I´d get this kind of resonance.

Which character/s do you like the most?