Grimm Forum
Is Portland really as Beautiful as what was seen on Grimm? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Is Portland really as Beautiful as what was seen on Grimm? (/Thread-Is-Portland-really-as-Beautiful-as-what-was-seen-on-Grimm)

Is Portland really as Beautiful as what was seen on Grimm? - wesen - 09-18-2017

One of the things I loved about Grimm was the setting. The houses, the woods, the town, everything about it was so quaint and charming. It had that fairy tale sort of feel to it. I know it's not too far from Astoria, the setting of the movie The Goonies.

RE: Is Portland really as Beautiful as what was seen on Grimm? - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-18-2017

Yes, Portland in real life looks just like it does on the screen. However, some of the places seen on the screen are actually in towns just outside of Portland and are a lot farther apart than they play them. Nick and Hank frequently got called to be somewhere an hour's drive away and said, "We'll be there in 15 minutes."

Astoria is about two hours away by car.

RE: Is Portland really as Beautiful as what was seen on Grimm? - wesen - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 09:07 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Yes, Portland in real life looks just like it does on the screen. However, some of the places seen on the screen are actually in towns just outside of Portland and are a lot farther apart than they play them. Nick and Hank frequently got called to be somewhere an hour's drive away and said, "We'll be there in 15 minutes."

Astoria is about two hours away by car.

Thanks. I might visit there someday. I wish they would set more shows/movies in that area. A beautiful place like that should be showcased more often.

RE: Is Portland really as Beautiful as what was seen on Grimm? - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-18-2017

The Librarians is shot in Portland, although they play it as different places. I did one episode set in Tibet and one set in Niagara Falls.

There are two new series that just started shooting in Portland:

"Everything Sucks," Netflix series set in an Oregon (might or might not be called Portland) HS in the 1990s

"Here, Now" (working title, might not be the real one), HBO series set in Portland. Not sure what it's all going to be about after just being on the set for one episode, but it's by the creator of "True Blood" and "Six Feet Under," so it'll most likely be kind of...different.

RE: Is Portland really as Beautiful as what was seen on Grimm? - GrimmForum - 09-20-2017

Portland native checking in. I do think Grimm is reflective of the scenery of Portland, although there's definitely a lot of changes the show has made to fit their narrative.

Seeing those changes was part of the fun of watching Grimm for me.

Svenjoli use to have a filming locations map that I linked to at the top of the site here, but I just realized his map is no longer working. Bummer! It was one of the best sources out there. (If you're reading this Svenjoli, what happened to your map?)

RE: Is Portland really as Beautiful as what was seen on Grimm? - brandon - 09-20-2017

Maybe what better scenario for a tv show fairy tales than a forest.

RE: Is Portland really as Beautiful as what was seen on Grimm? - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-20-2017

They made Portland look wetter and more foggy whenever they could.

And based on the driving times they often cited, they moved the Sandy River to somewhere around Milwaukie Ave.