Grimm Forum
What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? (/Thread-What-would-kelly-s-reaction-to-baby-kelly-existence-be-if-she-was-still-alive)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - rpmaluki - 09-09-2017

(09-09-2017, 11:53 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 07:37 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Nobody's denying Adalind's words. Her acknowledging what Kelly was trying to do doesn't mean Kelly didn't kidnap the child from its mother in order to protect it from the Royals.

rp, there is no argument on the kidnapping of Diana. If you read the question posing on this thread. It does not ask if Diana was kidnapped or not. It asks the reaction of Kelly if she did not die, and how she would react to a grandson with Hexenbiest blood. The point I was making, in the end, Adalind did not hold it against her and there was no animosity between the two women.

The argument I was making was that even if Diana was kidnapped, it did not carry the negativity it would be associated with someone having a child kidnapped. If you recall, before Diana was grabbed by BC, she was held by Meisner and company. Another person that Adalind did not resent for keeping her daughter “KIDNAPPED” from the Royals.

I don’t know when the conversation went from, Kelly senior approval of baby Kelly to, what Momma Kelly did with Diana. If it was me? I was only trying to make the point that, in this case, “Kidnapping” Diana, was proof that, Nick’s mom, a full old fashion GRIMM, was able to protect a child of a Hexenbiest and a Zauberbiest, with no relationship to her, what so ever.

How, in turn, could she ever reject a child from a Hexenbiest and a Grimm, of her own bloodline and her flesh and blood grandson. No matter what he was named, since in this scenario, Kelly was still alive.
I did answer the question of this thread and felt that big Kelly would love her grandson regardless of his mother. Kelly's reaction to Adalind's role in Nick's life would be similar to when he explained how a blutbad and fuchbau were his friends. She'll be surprised but get over it immediately thereafter because her son loves Adalind. I brought up the kidnapping as something that she and Adalind would talk about and clear up before moving forward as a family. If Kelly had lived and N/A were together, Kelly would return Diana back to her mother and be relegated to the role of step grandmother instead of the "other Mommy". Any resentment over Kelly taking Diana Adalind dealt with after falling pregnant with her son and accepted how she was not fit to protect Diana alone at the time. She acknowledged her mistakes and how they lead to her losing her daughter. That was the kidnapping I was referring to, not the Royals and what they planned to do with Diana.

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - Robyn - 09-10-2017

Kelly and Meisner taking Diana was a means to keep her off screen while readily accessible when the story required her. Once Diana’s fate as a powerful force for good or evil provided an avenue for Kelly and Meisner taking her, it fell into the abyss along with the Royals.

Adalind hating Renard for ‘giving their daughter away’ was meant to cause conflict between the two characters, but Nick’s direct involvement was ignored because it wasn’t meant to cause Nick/Adalind conflict. So in that sense, neither Adalind nor Kelly would have an adverse reaction that negatively impacted Nick/Kelly or Nick/Adalind unless the story required conflict in one or both relationships. And as evidenced by Adalind’s complete about face from S3 to S5, previously established characterization and motivation wouldn’t necessarily influence either woman’s reaction. Kelly’s only commit about her grandson was for Nick to take care of him and that she liked his name.

(09-08-2017, 08:58 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I would expect the whole running off with the baby episode to be something Adalind and Kelly would just agree to not ever bring up in conversation.
I agree. Nick & Adalind became Nick/Adalind because they ignored any elephant in the room that would cause controversy.

FitC, do you know how far ahead of airdates scripts were typically finalized and episodes were shot?

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-10-2017

Shooting for the first episode of a season typically began in the first week of August for an end of October airdate, so three months from start of shoot to airdate, give or take a week. By the end of the season, that lead time would be down to about two months (a typical shoot was eight days long and they aired seven days apart). Mid-season hiatus and occasional preemptions probably helped a lot for delivering episodes on time.

I don't know how far in advance of shooting the scripts were locked. They could have been revising them through the cast read-throughs right up to first the day of shooting. I do know that I never saw last-minute rewrites being distributed during shoots, which was unusual compared to other productions I've been on. Most of the shooting scripts I saw had no changes marked on them other than scene cross-offs, which I think means that every script had an extra scene or two that they would shoot if they had time and decide whether or not to use later, or if time was short would just not shoot.

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - wesen - 09-13-2017

(09-10-2017, 10:44 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Shooting for the first episode of a season typically began in the first week of August for an end of October airdate, so three months from start of shoot to airdate, give or take a week. By the end of the season, that lead time would be down to about two months (a typical shoot was eight days long and they aired seven days apart). Mid-season hiatus and occasional preemptions probably helped a lot for delivering episodes on time.

I don't know how far in advance of shooting the scripts were locked. They could have been revising them through the cast read-throughs right up to first the day of shooting. I do know that I never saw last-minute rewrites being distributed during shoots, which was unusual compared to other productions I've been on. Most of the shooting scripts I saw had no changes marked on them other than scene cross-offs, which I think means that every script had an extra scene or two that they would shoot if they had time and decide whether or not to use later, or if time was short would just not shoot.

Can I ask, since you seem to have some inside scoop in the way things work behind scenes, were the deleted scenes deleted because the show creators wanted to change the storyline or was it due to time constraints?

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - dicappatore - 09-13-2017

(09-13-2017, 09:10 AM)wesen Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 10:44 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Shooting for the first episode of a season typically began in the first week of August for an end of October airdate, so three months from start of shoot to airdate, give or take a week. By the end of the season, that lead time would be down to about two months (a typical shoot was eight days long and they aired seven days apart). Mid-season hiatus and occasional preemptions probably helped a lot for delivering episodes on time.

Can I ask, since you seem to have some inside scoop in the way things work behind scenes, were the deleted scenes deleted because the show creators wanted to change the storyline or was it due to time constraints?

From what I know from relatives in the industry. They aren’t going to shoot scenes to change the story. A few might. Given the cost of production for a minute of tape to be printed. It’s most likely for time constraints. Not for script editing. Editing a script is a lot cheaper than editing filmed or taped scenes.

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - brandon - 09-13-2017

And Elizabeth Renard?

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - wfmyers1207 - 09-13-2017

(09-07-2017, 06:36 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: ghost kelly was fine with it but would she still have felt the same if she was still alive?

having a wesen grandson
nick and adalind raising the baby together.
adalind would still have wanted diana back

Come on! This is a question?! Grandmothers are grandmothers! They dote! Big Grin

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - wesen - 09-13-2017

(09-13-2017, 01:25 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 09:10 AM)wesen Wrote:

From what I know from relatives in the industry. They aren’t going to shoot scenes to change the story. A few might. Given the cost of production for a minute of tape to be printed. It’s most likely for time constraints. Not for script editing. Editing a script is a lot cheaper than editing filmed or taped scenes.
Thanks for that. I guess we can include the deleted scenes as canon then, and they could still serve to explain the characters' actions/motivations in the scenes that haven't been omitted.

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - irukandji - 09-13-2017

(09-13-2017, 05:22 PM)wesen Wrote: Thanks for that. I guess we can include the deleted scenes as canon then, and they could still serve to explain the characters' actions/motivations in the scenes that haven't been omitted.

Why would anyone want to include deleted scenes? They were never part of what was shown on national television. Can you really make an argument out of a scene that most people never viewed?

(09-13-2017, 09:00 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-13-2017, 05:22 PM)wesen Wrote: Thanks for that. I guess we can include the deleted scenes as canon then, and they could still serve to explain the characters' actions/motivations in the scenes that haven't been omitted.

Why would anyone want to include deleted scenes? They were never part of what was shown on national television. Can you really make an argument out of a scene that most people never viewed?

Because if they were only deleted due to time constraints, they could still be used to show what the creators original intentions are for the characters. They could also provide much clearer explanation to the characters motivations and help provide further context to their actions.