Grimm Forum
What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? (/Thread-What-would-kelly-s-reaction-to-baby-kelly-existence-be-if-she-was-still-alive)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - wesen - 09-07-2017

I agree with the others. She'd have accepted Kelly, despite him being half hexenbiest. She was willing to look after Diana despite her being hexenbiest, she could have easily killed the baby instead of hiding her away and raising her as her own daughter.

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - irukandji - 09-07-2017

I'm not saying Kelly wouldn't accept the baby. I'm saying that it's possible Adalind wouldn't accept Kelly even being around the baby.

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 04:37 PM)irukandji Wrote: Yes, but I wasn't referring to the scoobies, I was referring to Kelly. Adalind may have forgiven them, but I doubt she'd be so forgiving of Kelly.

You can't really separate the scoobies from Kelly in this instance. They all did it together.

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - wesen - 09-07-2017

I doubt Adalind wouldn't have accepted Kelly around her baby. Yes, Nick's mum did take Diana away from her, but by the time she was with Nick, it's pretty obvious that Adalind's forgiven her. First, because she wanted to name her son after Kelly, then she brought up how well Kelly could cook when she was talking to Nick about their family backgrounds, and also we've never heard her badmouth his mum. We've seen her blame Renard, Nick and the rest of the gang of taking her baby away from her, but not Nick's mother. Adalind hasn't even shown any anger or held any grudges or resentment over the fact that Kelly killed her mother Catherine. The only time she brought up the subject of feeling sad about Catherine's death to Nick was when she spoke of her mother's birthday, and then she mentions her mother kicking her out of her house. Adalind's actual grudges/resentment seems to have been directed towards her own mother, rather than to Nick or his mum.

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - irukandji - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 05:50 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 04:37 PM)irukandji Wrote: Yes, but I wasn't referring to the scoobies, I was referring to Kelly. Adalind may have forgiven them, but I doubt she'd be so forgiving of Kelly.

You can't really separate the scoobies from Kelly in this instance. They all did it together.

They did it at Kelly's insistence. To me, that's a difference.

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - dicappatore - 09-07-2017

(09-07-2017, 04:10 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 04:03 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 03:55 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 03:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 06:36 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: ghost kelly was fine with it but would she still have felt the same if she was still alive?

having a wesen grandson
nick and adalind raising the baby together.
adalind would still have wanted diana back

I'm sure she would have been fine with baby Kelly. The question on my mind is, how would Adalind have viewed Kelly? I wouldn't blame her one bit if she hated her guts and refused to let her see her grandson.
Hi Iruk,
Without Kelly's help Adalind and Diana would have never escaped the Royals to board the airplane in Switzerland. ("Synchronicity")
If Kelly didn't change from Brazil to Oregon, they would have been captured by Royals immediately after landing.
Adalind knows Kelly saved her. Without Kelly's help, Diana would have been raised by King Freddie. Adalind showed her gratitude when she named her son Kelly.
You may hate Kelly's guts but Adalind would likely be very affectionate and welcome Grandma Kelly into their lives.
N G

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree here New Guy. I can't imagine a woman taking too kindly to her baby being kidnapped from her, but that's just me. You seem to view it differently.
Iruk, Some of us wonder if you viewed it (Grimm) at all. Big Grin N G

NG? WTF is wrong with you? In the old Italian tradition, You name your child after the MOST HATED person in your life. I am sure in the traditional Wesen society they did the same!

ERRrrr… wait wait, OK NM, I just woke up. No, I was wrong, you usually name your child after someone you wish to HONOR. Usually a grandparent. In my family, my son is the 7th generation where the first born has allways been a male and we have alternated our first name after a grandad. So my son is named after my dad. I was named after his dad. My dad is named after his grandad, and so on.

So Adalind did NOT suggest naming her kid Kelly because she loathed Grandma Kelly. Even if she knew one grandma technically killed the other grandma. Even Adalind accepted that Catherine had it coming. Maybe they were watching “Haven” or "Once Upon a Time" and confused it with "Grimm".

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - New Guy - 09-08-2017

(09-07-2017, 04:16 PM)irukandji Wrote: Now you're a hoot, New Guy!
Thanks Iruk! There is some (ironic) humor in your opinions. Tongue N G

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - brandon - 09-08-2017

Why should hate Kelly?

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - rpmaluki - 09-08-2017

Mama Kelly would dote on her grandson, at least as much as someone like her was capable of doting. I don't believe Kelly hated Adalind, she took Diana away because she felt she was the best chance at influencing on to a good path. Adalind did have a revelation that her past mistakes went a long way in separating her from her daughter didn't harbour hatred towards the woman that kidnapped her daughter. I believe the two women would have an honest conversation about Diana, come to some understanding, return Diana to her mother and move on as one big happy family with Nick and baby Kelly (probably named something else) lol.

RE: What would kelly's reaction to baby kelly existence be if she was still alive? - dicappatore - 09-08-2017

To all your poster claiming Mamma Kelly and the Scobie’s stole or kidnapped baby Diana from Adalind which in turn would end up hating Kelly senior must have missed those whole episodes.

What the gang, Mamma Kelly, Nick and Sean did was prevent the Royals from taking Diana from Adalind to controll her and her powers. Remember who was responsible for diverting the plane to Portland? When they took Diana, did they take her away from Adalind or the Royals? I don't recall Adalind getting on the plane with the Royals and Diana.

Something eventually Adalind came to realize, which, I guess, some viewers failed to do the same. Plus the fact that Adalind trusted Meisner, who in turn trusted Kelly senior. This is why Adalind was the first to suggest to name baby Kelly after her. Nick never said anything about naming him after his mom, it was all Adalind.

Something more some have seem to forgotten. So, to answer the question to this thread? It is obvious to me, Adalind would have accepted her Mother-in-Law to be, with open arms!