Grimm Forum
2X13 - Face Off - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 2 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-2)
+---- Thread: 2X13 - Face Off (/Thread-2X13-Face-Off)

Pages: 1 2

2X13 - Face Off - GrimmForum - 03-08-2013

Aired 3/8/2013

Ratings: 1.5/5 in 18-49, 5.0 million viewers

Synopsis: Nick learns the truth about his superior officer, while Renard and Juliette's attraction to each other grows increasingly stronger... and more dangerous.

What do you all think of the return of Grimm?

RE: 2X13 - Face Off - the-epic-prince - 03-08-2013

Oh man, I am excited! I can't even theorize what might happen!

RE: 2X13 - Face Off - RebeccaMatthews - 03-09-2013

Ugh, I'm so totally over the triangle between Renard, Juliette, and Nick. Will be glad when it's finally over, and they start repairing their relationships, if they can.

RE: 2X13 - Face Off - pale boy - 03-09-2013

*Obvious Spoiler Warning is Obvious*

So, I finished this episode. Pretty good all around. More under the tags since it's a massive post and just in case:

Spoiler :
Pros
-All of the main cast was involved in one way or another.
-Nick finally knows all about Renard.
-The love triangle looks like it's going to be tied up soon.
-That whole spell/curse with Juliette and Renard was horrifying. Lack of free will and conscious of that fact all at once? Yikes.
-Nick was understandably angry this time around.
-Rosalee returns. Finally!
-Hank is still trying to get a hang of this whole Grimm thing.
-Monroe at the bus stop, waiting for Rosalee.
-Adalind is baaaaack.
-That ending! Talk about a cliff-hanger. Nick looks like he's taking his 'medicine' hard. And Adalind -- well, I'll just address that below.
-Juliette with that gun. She knows how to handle herself.

Cons
-Hank doesn't even care that Renard was shuffling around in his partner's desk, heh.
-Adalind and Renard. Dude, really? Poor judgement on that one. Two people who should not have reproduced.
-Fighting over a woman was old school and not in a good way. The fight itself was good -- nice choreography -- but the reason for it was a little Dodgy

Thoughts
The love triangle won't last, it seems. As much as I dislike love triangles, I actually kind of enjoyed this one. Probably helps that both Renard and Juliette are both ridiculously good-looking together. But love triangles can become a bit of a plot tumor if left too long. So I understand why they did away with it. The creepy 'love' curse was definitely disturbing and worked as a plot device though. A different type of 'horror' beyond monsters.

Adalind seemed rather pleased to be pregnant. I'm not sure if that was a spur of the moment thing or if she had it planned for a while. It might play into gaining more power for her. (Either regaining her monster status or gaining more mundane forms of power.) Either that or she'll use it against Renard. I could also see her using it to snag his brother due to the creeptacular chemistry those two had going on in previous episodes. No matter what happens, I feel for the potential future baby. Years of therapy. Years.

RE: 2X13 - Face Off - the-epic-prince - 03-09-2013

MY STUPID TV KEPT MESSING UP!!!!!!!!!

But what I saw of the episode it was a good one.

Spoiler :
Renard working WITH the Laufer?

RE: 2X13 - Face Off - pale boy - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 02:29 PM)the-epic-prince Wrote: MY STUPID TV KEPT MESSING UP!!!!!!!!!

But what I saw of the episode it was a good one.

Spoiler :
Renard working WITH the Laufer?

Are you able to watch Hulu? You can watch it there without signing up. That's where I watch stuff if I miss it on the television. (Wow, I sound like an advertisement. Ha ha ha.) The site did kinda go downhill after they got rid of open commenting, though. But NBC.com also has new episodes.

As for the twist in the episode with Renard, that was really great. Very unexpected. I wouldn't have thought the captain had it in him. He continues to be a wildcard. Glad to see that the writers picked up that storyline again too.

RE: 2X13 - Face Off - the-epic-prince - 03-09-2013

(03-09-2013, 10:05 PM)pale boy Wrote: Are you able to watch Hulu? You can watch it there without signing up. That's where I watch stuff if I miss it on the television. (Wow, I sound like an advertisement. Ha ha ha.) The site did kinda go downhill after they got rid of open commenting, though. But NBC.com also has new episodes.
Yes, I re-watched it on NBC.com that's where I watch all my season 2 Grimm episodes.

RE: 2X13 - Face Off - bookofknowledge - 03-10-2013

twas awesome indeed

RE: 2X13 - Face Off - Zobgeist - 03-12-2013

I thought that this was a pretty good episode, but just got to say that I'm somewhat tired of the Juliette-Renards relationship, so I'm glad it seems that the arch is over.

I did like the fact that FINALLY Nick and Renards finally confronted each other, and it's revealed to us that Renards is (likely) a

Spoiler :
Good Guy

Because personally, I thought he was part of the big bad Royal Families.

RE: 2X13 - Face Off - bookofknowledge - 03-12-2013

^^ yeah same