Grimm Forum
Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? (/Thread-Was-Juliette-a-user-of-men-did-she-prostitute-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-19-2017

(06-19-2017, 11:54 AM)brandon Wrote: Watch the episode again,Dicappatore.
According to memory is Nick who says:" it was not love, it was stupid".
Nick refers to your previous relationship.
It was Juliette broke up with the couple- she is to blame, not Adalind-.
Juliette moved away from Nick fearing him because he was a "GRIMM".
And then Nick...
She may have feared Nick, in the beginning but that was quickly replaced with resentment and bitterness. I'm not certain if she hated him but I'd be willing to wager she did, that's why she did the things she did.

(06-19-2017, 12:17 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 11:54 AM)brandon Wrote: Watch the episode again,Dicappatore.
According to memory is Nick who says:" it was not love, it was stupid".
Nick refers to your previous relationship.
It was Juliette broke up with the couple- she is to blame, not Adalind-.
Juliette moved away from Nick fearing him because he was a "GRIMM".
And then Nick...

Well lets see. here is the dialogue:

Juliette; What are you thinking?
Nick; I'm just wondering why certain people are attracted to each other?
Juliette; It's all about chemistry.
Nick; Oh! Well, that explains Dale Armistead. The guy who stole your Guy, your first love.
Juliette; That wasn't love.
Nick; Well, it certainly wasn't looks or intelligence.
Juliette; You're one to talk. I met your first girlfriend.
Nick; Okay, that was not chemistry, that was stupidity.
Juliette; Well, how do you know you're not being stupid by being with me?
Nick; I don't. I just I think that there's a lot more to it than that.
Juliette; You know, in biology, like systems tend to integrate.
Nick; That's so romantic.
Juliette; How about we get the shopping done and go home and integrate?
Nick; Give me the list and get the car started.

It is clear to me that Juliette comment "that wasn't love" referes to her relationship to Dale.

Nick refers to his girlfriend "Okay, that was not chemistry, that was stupidity".

I interpret it as Juliette using Dale to meet her sexual needs until Nick came along with a house and better looks.

Nick making a mistake in compatibility dating his old girlfriend until Juliette came along..
It's so strange to go back to these conversations between Nick and Juliette. Having finished the show, they paint a different picture all of a sudden. What seemed like an innocent topic of conversation is so much more revealing when you know how their relationship fares by the end of the show.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - New Guy - 06-19-2017

(06-19-2017, 10:08 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 08:13 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Hell,
You made several claims and I will rebut a few:
Quote:That doesn't mean what we as a society were doing before was working. More divorces today just tells me that they were plenty of unhappy marriages but they felt forced to stay together.
The increased divorce rate could reflect a lack of commitment. If a couple takes marriage vows till death they do part, then divorce is similar legally to death. IMO, being unhappy is a pathetic excuse to divorce. "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln"

Then how about we replace unhappy with unhealthy? I find people easily assume people have a healthy marriage from the distance when the reality can be that there's very little about it that's healthy. I'd rather see them can get a divorce and improve themselves separately than be miserable together. I wouldn't think think any less of them for doing so.

My parents have been married for 35 years so I definitely see the merits in it. I just don't think marriage is the be all/end all and is the only type of commitment worth having. I think couples who are faithful and support each other while they're together, marriage or not, shows their commitment.

In Nick and Juliette's case, things went off the rails once Juliette became a Hexenbiest. Things would've played out largely the same had they been married at the time. That ring wouldn't have saved their relationship. Juliette disappearing might've been a bigger deal but that should've been the case anyway.
Hello HR,
Thanks for your reply.
First, congratulations to your parents. My wife and I just celebrated our 40th anniversary. We are blessed with two sons who give us great joy. Both are grown and enjoying successful careers. Some of my siblings and, cousins have enjoyed long, happy (mostly) and productive marriages. Others have ended up divorced. I don't know many perfect families. It is love and commitment that brings couples through hard times.

Marriage is important. It is a public holy ceremony proclaiming a lifetime commitment:
Quote:Traditional Wedding Vows
I, ___, take thee, ___, to be my wedded husband/wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith [or] pledge myself to you.

Cohabitation lacks such a commitment:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/02/the-marriage-problem-why-many-are-choosing-cohabitation-instead/252505/
Quote:Does Cohabitation Measure up to Marriage?

If being married is good for health, can we say the same of cohabitation? Unfortunately, the answer seems to be no. Jamila Bookwala, a gerontologist who studies health, marriage, and aging at Lafayette University, says that there's a fundamental difference between marriage and cohabitation.

"The benefits of marriage don't seem to translate to cohabitation," Bookwala says. "People who cohabitate do not enjoy the same health benefits that come with marriage. So we have to ask, what is it about the marital union that brings these benefits? The answer is still unclear."
IMO, it is the marital commitment as expressed in the vows that produces the "benefits." My wife and I dated for over two years before I proposed. She later told me my "time" was about up so for us, it was marriage or bye bye love. I lucked out.
Blessings,
N G

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-19-2017

(06-19-2017, 01:43 PM)New Guy Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 10:08 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 08:13 AM)New Guy Wrote: Hello Hell,
You made several claims and I will rebut a few:
Quote:That doesn't mean what we as a society were doing before was working. More divorces today just tells me that they were plenty of unhappy marriages but they felt forced to stay together.
The increased divorce rate could reflect a lack of commitment. If a couple takes marriage vows till death they do part, then divorce is similar legally to death. IMO, being unhappy is a pathetic excuse to divorce. "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln"

Then how about we replace unhappy with unhealthy? I find people easily assume people have a healthy marriage from the distance when the reality can be that there's very little about it that's healthy. I'd rather see them can get a divorce and improve themselves separately than be miserable together. I wouldn't think think any less of them for doing so.

My parents have been married for 35 years so I definitely see the merits in it. I just don't think marriage is the be all/end all and is the only type of commitment worth having. I think couples who are faithful and support each other while they're together, marriage or not, shows their commitment.

In Nick and Juliette's case, things went off the rails once Juliette became a Hexenbiest. Things would've played out largely the same had they been married at the time. That ring wouldn't have saved their relationship. Juliette disappearing might've been a bigger deal but that should've been the case anyway.
Hello HR,
Thanks for your reply.
First, congratulations to your parents. My wife and I just celebrated our 40th anniversary. We are blessed with two sons who give us great joy. Both are grown and enjoying successful careers. Some of my siblings and, cousins have enjoyed long, happy (mostly) and productive marriages. Others have ended up divorced. I don't know many perfect families. It is love and commitment that brings couples through hard times.

Marriage is important. It is a public holy ceremony proclaiming a lifetime commitment:
Quote:Traditional Wedding Vows
I, ___, take thee, ___, to be my wedded husband/wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God's holy ordinance; and thereto I pledge thee my faith [or] pledge myself to you.

Cohabitation lacks such a commitment:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/02/the-marriage-problem-why-many-are-choosing-cohabitation-instead/252505/
Quote:Does Cohabitation Measure up to Marriage?

If being married is good for health, can we say the same of cohabitation? Unfortunately, the answer seems to be no. Jamila Bookwala, a gerontologist who studies health, marriage, and aging at Lafayette University, says that there's a fundamental difference between marriage and cohabitation.

"The benefits of marriage don't seem to translate to cohabitation," Bookwala says. "People who cohabitate do not enjoy the same health benefits that come with marriage. So we have to ask, what is it about the marital union that brings these benefits? The answer is still unclear."
IMO, it is the marital commitment as expressed in the vows that produces the "benefits." My wife and I dated for over two years before I proposed. She later told me my "time" was about up so for us, it was marriage or bye bye love. I lucked out.
Blessings,
N G

Well NG, today, June 19, is my 41st anniversary. Married my High School sweetheart in 1976. The road has not been perfect. After 8th pregnancies we managed to have a son and daughter, both out of college with careers

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - New Guy - 06-19-2017

(06-19-2017, 01:55 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Well NG, today, June 19, is my 41st anniversary. Married my High School sweetheart in 1976. The road has not been perfect. After 8th pregnancies we managed to have a son and daughter, both out of college with careers
Hello dicappatore,
Congratulations to you and your wife!
May you share many more years together.
N G

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-19-2017

Congratulations.
I agree, not a ring could have saved the relationship -Nick and Juliette- , not a baby.
Instead, Adalind and Nick are like two strangers who decided to do their best for a child- it is the best reason-. They fight in the past but that is not knowing imwardly.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-23-2017

HAHA, Just found another small tid-bit about Juliette past, maybe promiscuous, maybe not? You decide

Season 4, Episode 8, Chupacabra

Scene: Nick, Hank, and Juliette look for information on the Chupacabra in the trailer.

Juliette: My grandma used to blame the Chupacabra for everything. Dead relatives, missing pets, even lost keys.
Hank: Then according to your grandmother, a Chupacabra is a pet eating, key stealing, goat-sucking killer.
Juliette: It is especially dangerous if you are out alone at night or you get into a car with a boy or come home late. I learned that the last two weren't exactly true.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Loona - 06-23-2017

So what? As if nobody has a few boyfriend or girlfriends in the past, it's not something new - when we are young, we want to have fun and try something out.

I'm born in the late eighties, grow up in the nineties and had my first boyfriends in the early 2000s and I even had a girlfriend as I say I tried differently things but it doesn't make me a whor*

It only means that the people have a differently view over the decades. As an example the sixties or the seventies - think differently than the ones who was born in the eighties or nineties.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-23-2017

Men did it too.
Look for anything to try to prove it was "promiscuous". Silly stuff.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-23-2017

(06-23-2017, 12:06 PM)brandon Wrote: Men did it too.
Look for anything to try to prove it was "promiscuous". Silly stuff.

Well I was one of those guys that did take girls out with a car and brought them back late. And trust me, we weren't just holding hands.

BTW, I won't deny that I lacked any of my own shortcomings. My assessment of Juliettte as being a "Bad Girl" is just a comment to support my interpritation of the character's lifestyle.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Tara - 06-23-2017

But then again why is a woman a sl*** or whor* if the same doesn't equal for mens? It is outrageous against women.