Grimm Forum
Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? (/Thread-Was-Juliette-a-user-of-men-did-she-prostitute-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-18-2017

What I see is that they-Sean and Ken- enjoy their sexuality.
But I do not think so when Juliette had sex with Sean, what she did for spite.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 08:12 AM)brandon Wrote: What I see is that they-Sean and Ken- enjoy their sexuality.

brandon, if she did it for spite, she would have rubbed it in Nick about Sean and Kenneth. Nick only found out about Ken because he bragged about it.

She used sex as a tool for profit, value not for intimacy. Which is what made her from a suppressed slut into a whore.

The snake Sean, never tells him at all. Even after Nick is living with Adalind.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 08:12 AM)brandon Wrote: What I see is that they-Sean and Ken- enjoy their sexuality.

It's not just about the sex. Both men took Juliette very seriously. They didn't view the hexenbiest in her as something to declare war against. Instead they viewed it as a part of her. That would not be the outlook of men who simply considered her a whore.

Nick's abject failure was telling Juliette,

"I'm not going to let it destroy what we have".

What in essence he's telling Juliette is that she's not good enough for him any longer and will never be until she gets rid of the hexenbiest. I made a mistake, thinking that if he told her he loved her at the police station and also said he wasn't taking Adalind's place, that might be enough to salvage their relationship.

Now I see why she laughed at him when he said he loved her. Who could believe a man who not so long before that stated that Juliette as a hexenbiest would destroy what they have?

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 07:54 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 02:57 PM)New Guy Wrote: promiscuous
adjective
1. characterized by or involving indiscriminate mingling or association, especially having sexual relations with a number of partners on a casual basis.
2. consisting of parts, elements, or individuals of different kinds brought together without order.
3. indiscriminate; without discrimination.
4. casual; irregular; haphazard.
IMO, Juliette meets definition 2 of "whore" by her her fornication with Renard and Kenneth. She meets definition 1 of "promiscuous" because she fornicated both Renard and Kenneth.

New Guy, you are interpreting this definition incorrectly. Juliette does not meet the definition of a whore as noted in 2.

Her hookups with Renard and Kenneth were not brought together without order. There was order to them.

She went to Renard initially for help, then went back to him for a place to stay. She slept with him.

Later, she was approached by Kenneth to help secure Diana. Once Diana was secured, she was going with the royals. She slept with Kenneth. No one knows for sure whether their association would be more than a permanent one. What we do know is that there was an order to Juliette sleeping with Kenneth.

She is not a whore by virtue of the very definition you quoted.

As a matter of fact, neither Renard or Kenneth are whores either. Renard worked with Adalind and ended up in a relationship with her. Renard also worked with Rachel and ended up in a relationship with her.

Kenneth approached Juliette and as a result of their working together, they slept together.

All were logical progressions of what could turn out to be or just as easily turn out not to be relationships. That does not make the people who get into these relationships whores.

So now, New Guy is interpreting the definition of a whore. Not what is defined but his interpretation of it.

As for Renard, why did she have sex with him? To thank him from throwing her out on the street?

As for the association with the royals we know as a FACT it was not a permanent one. She never got on the helicopter.

What about this order you keep mentioning WTF does it have anything to do with her behavior?

Somehow you are able to read the minds of a fictional character to form an opinion and negate what the script presents us. OK i get it!

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 09:04 AM)dicappatore Wrote: So now, New Guy is interpreting the definition of a whore. Not what is defined but his interpretation of it.

As for Renard, why did she have sex with him? To thank him from throwing her out on the street?

As for the association with the royals we know as a FACT it was not a permanent one. She never got on the helicopter.

What about this order you keep mentioning WTF does it have anything to do with her behavior?

Somehow you are able to read the minds of a fictional character to form an opinion and negate what the script presents us. OK i get it!

Um, you did read the last line of the post didn't you:

Quote:IMO, Juliette meets definition 2 of "whore" by her her fornication with Renard and Kenneth. She meets definition 1 of "promiscuous" because she fornicated both Renard and Kenneth.

THAT is what I was referring to.

(06-18-2017, 09:09 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 09:04 AM)dicappatore Wrote: So now, New Guy is interpreting the definition of a whore. Not what is defined but his interpretation of it.

Quote:IMO, Juliette meets definition 2 of "whore" by her her fornication with Renard and Kenneth. She meets definition 1 of "promiscuous" because she fornicated both Renard and Kenneth.

I did read it. We just have different moral standards.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-18-2017

(06-18-2017, 08:51 AM)irukandji Wrote:

It's not just about the sex. Both men took Juliette very seriously. They didn't view the hexenbiest in her as something to declare war against. Instead they viewed it as a part of her. That would not be the outlook of men who simply considered her a whore.

What in essence he's telling Juliette is that she's not good enough for him any longer and will never be until she gets rid of the hexenbiest. I made a mistake, thinking that if he told her he loved her at the police station and also said he wasn't taking Adalind's place, that might be enough to salvage their relationship.

Now I see why she laughed at him when he said he loved her. Who could believe a man who not so long before that stated that Juliette as a hexenbiest would destroy what they have?
She laughed in the face when he told her that loved.
She did not want to hear it.
Why would he think to tell him in the precint"I love you?
What did Juliette "Hexenbiest" expect after her attitude?
If one day said " white", the next day " yellow.

(06-18-2017, 08:51 AM)irukandji Wrote:

She laughed in the face when he told her that loved.
She did not want to hear it.
Why would he think to tell him in the precint"I love you?
What did Juliette "Hexenbiest" expect after her attitude?
If one day said " white", the next day " yellow.

(06-18-2017, 09:26 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-18-2017, 09:09 AM)irukandji Wrote:

I did read it. We just have different moral standards.

You wouldn't know about that.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - New Guy - 06-18-2017

adjective
1. characterized by or involving indiscriminate mingling or association, especially having sexual relations with a number of partners on a casual basis.
2. consisting of parts, elements, or individuals of different kinds brought together without order.
IMO, Juliette meets definition 2 of "whore" by her her fornication with Renard and Kenneth. She meets definition 1 of "promiscuous" because she fornicated both Renard and Kenneth.

New Guy, you are interpreting this definition incorrectly. Juliette does not meet the definition of a whore as noted in 2.

Her hookups with Renard and Kenneth were not brought together without order. There was order to them.

She went to Renard initially for help, then went back to him for a place to stay. She slept with him.

Later, she was approached by Kenneth to help secure Diana. Once Diana was secured, she was going with the royals. She slept with Kenneth. No one knows for sure whether their association would be more than a permanent one. What we do know is that there was an order to Juliette sleeping with Kenneth.

As a matter of fact, neither Renard or Kenneth are whores either. Renard worked with Adalind and ended up in a relationship with her. Renard also worked with Rachel and ended up in a relationship with her.

Kenneth approached Juliette and as a result of their working together, they slept together.

All were logical progressions of what could turn out to be or just as easily turn out not to be relationships. That does not make the people who get into these relationships whores.
Hi Iruk,
In post #4 of this thread, I provided two definitions "Whore" and "Promiscuous."
Why are you examining the promiscuous definition to support your position about her being a whore? Are you confused? Wink

She is a whore because she is a person who is sexually promiscuous.
To repeat my post, she meets definition 1 of "promiscuous" because she fornicated both Renard and Kenneth. Depending on your time frame, you could also count Nick as another of her partners in fornication. Spurning Nick's marriage proposal makes their fornication also casual. Three casual fornication partners makes her categorically a Whore.

(06-18-2017, 11:12 AM)New Guy Wrote:
adjective

Hi Iruk,
In post #4 of this thread, I provided two definitions "Whore" and "Promiscuous."
Why are you examining the promiscuous definition to support your position about her being a whore? Are you confused? Wink

She is a whore because she is a person who is sexually promiscuous.
To repeat my post, she meets definition 1 of "promiscuous" because she fornicated both Renard and Kenneth. Depending on your time frame, you could also count Nick as another of her partners in fornication. Spurning Nick's marriage proposal makes their fornication also casual. Three casual fornication partners makes her categorically a Whore.

Not confused in the least New Guy. What I see here is the general male perception of what constitutes a whore. In my opinion, it's not accurate in my view as a female and is not consistent with the definitions provided.