Grimm Forum
Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? (/Thread-Was-Juliette-a-user-of-men-did-she-prostitute-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - silver - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 11:41 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 11:21 AM)silver Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 11:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: The Adalind back in S2 isn't really the Adalind at the end of S4/beginning of S5, who was making choice that would keep her son alive. Old Adalind took pleasure in messing with Nick's head like that scene at the jail cell. The Adalind around the time of Kelly's birth was tip toeing around Nick, not being manipulative like the old version. She couldn't afford to play games with him when she was still so dependent on him. She honestly didn't expect him to the her and Kelly in at the beginning of S5. The only time she wanted to ensnare a man to be a father (Viktor) was after she found out she was pregnant, so as to hide that Nick was Kelly's father. With Nick, everything she did was above board. As much as she wanted to be with Nick as the episodes progressed, she also wanted her independence, this was before their kiss and eventual bedding. If staying with Nick was the only thing she concerned herself with she wouldn't have left him for Diana at the end of S5. I know it's not easy to think she could be genuine but S5 and S6 Adalind is practically a different person to S1-S4 Adalind.

Adalind becoming soft and very motherly is about as much magic as she wielded during S5 and it was never with the intention to snare Nick.

From the very beginning, Adalind was the kind of person to manipulate AND to jump on the next convenient situation or person if it seemed to further her cause - herself. Even she says something to that effect, explaining to Rosalee why she didn't want to ever be a hexenbiest again - very self-centered.

She knew how to play the game whatever it was at the time. (Believe me, I had a friend who was just like this.) She knew - and wanted to be relieved of dealing with being a hexenbiest when she showed up pregnant with Nick's kid. She knew her days of manipulation etc. were coming to a close, so while she may have seemed incredibly virtuous for saying some of the things she did, like not betraying Nick while she was living with Renard and bonapart, it's still part and parcel to her hexenbiest days. She's no dummy. So while I admire her abilities, she doesn't exactly take the cake for virtue.
Nor would she ever. All I'm saying is S5/S6 Adalind is not the same Adalind from the previous seasons. When she came to Nick at the station she wasn't coming to him for anything else other than to try and stay alive long enough for her son to be born. She's not a virtuous woman/hexenbiest by any stretch of the imagination. All I'm saying is whatever her feelings for Nick they come from a genuine place of a very flawed character. We've seen her actively play the game for four straight seasons, whatever you may chose to believe of her character even at the end, during S5/S6, Adalind was as genuine as she was capable of being, as written and actually shown on screen compared to S1-S4 Adalind who openly reveled at being manipulative and blatantly acted selfishly as written and actually shown on screen. I'm not claiming her to be this perfect embodiment of a good woman (she isn't), I'm saying Adalind deciding to be good was not her trying to manipulate anyone, least of all Nick.

Just because Nick fell for Adalind, doesn't mean she set out to trap him into a relationship.

Fair enough. But, we do see things at a bit different angle.

I know I'm a diehard, but I hope we get to see a new and improved Grimm somewhere down the line.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Hell Rell - 06-27-2017

I think Nick and Adalind ending up together is making people retroactively see her actions as manipulating her way into a relationship from the start. She didn't set out to steal Nick from Juliette or trap him in a relationship once she had Kelly. Anything Nick had to offer after Kelly's birth was a bonus to her. She wouldn't expect anything from him until he showed he was interested and she was still walking on eggshells even after that happened.

The Adalind of season 2 bares no resemblance to the current Adalind. That Adalind was mainly interested in power and getting the better of people. Current Adalind just wanted to be accepted and was happy to have a man who cared for her and her child. She was also happy to find a friend in Rosalee. So much so that she declared a friendship before there was one.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 05:08 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 04:12 AM)irukandji Wrote: And btw, I'm not the only one who argues about what characters could have done or supposedly done that's never made it to film. You yourself have often argued that very viewpoint. Everyone who's still here has argued that very viewpoint. It's why they are still here. If we all stuck to the confines of the series, we'd have all been gone with its demise........All of us.
I should have added "as though it did in fact happen" to my original statement.

You chose to ignore the deleted scenes, that's your prerogative. However, I do not. Those deleted scenes are not my personal view of any character. I did not make it up, it's there for everyone's viewing pleasure. Those scenes are extra footage the producers made and included them in the final product that will ever be released of this show. In terms of Nick embracing fatherhood, it's there on the actual episodes that did in fact air so I'm not just my view.

You come across as though if we didn't see Nick poop himself therefore it didn't happen, all of this over Nick changing his son's diaper.

I think your facts are mixed up here. I can't choose to ignore deleted scenes that I have no access to as they were never shown on national television. You want to watch them on your own person dvds and you want to believe Nick is a good father because of that, that's perfectly fine.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 03:55 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 04:12 AM)irukandji Wrote: And btw, I'm not the only one who argues about what characters could have done or supposedly done that's never made it to film. You yourself have often argued that very viewpoint. Everyone who's still here has argued that very viewpoint. It's why they are still here. If we all stuck to the confines of the series, we'd have all been gone with its demise........All of us.

You chose to ignore the deleted scenes, that's your prerogative. However, I do not. Those deleted scenes are not my personal view of any character. I did not make it up, it's there for everyone's viewing pleasure. Those scenes are extra footage the producers made and included them in the final product that will ever be released of this show. In terms of Nick embracing fatherhood, it's there on the actual episodes that did in fact air so I'm not just my view.

You come across as though if we didn't see Nick poop himself therefore it didn't happen, all of this over Nick changing his son's diaper.

I think your facts are mixed up here. I can't choose to ignore deleted scenes that I have no access to as they were never shown on national television. You want to watch them on your own person dvds and you want to believe Nick is a good father because of that, that's perfectly fine.
They were posted on this site last year. It's the last one on the list #6

http://www.grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Grimm-Season-5-deleted-scenes-enjoy

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 04:04 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 03:55 PM)irukandji Wrote:

They were posted on this site last year. It's the last one on the list #6

http://www.grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Grimm-Season-5-deleted-scenes-enjoy

The truth will set you free!

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 04:04 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: They were posted on this site last year. It's the last one on the list #6

Thanks, now that I have a choice, I may watch them someday.

A question: Was there an accompanying commentary that indicates why the scenes were deleted?

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 04:23 PM)irukandji Wrote: Look I have to be honest. "Can you handle the truth?" I mean "CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH?

These are not deleted scenes. Here is what happened. Some of us raised enough cash to rehire the whole cast just before they took off to their next gig. Then we rehired the whole crew and got to the same sets before they were taken down. We filmed all these scenes I wrote, then I leaked them to the internet just to flock up with your mind!
I have finally reached the age, when I am told I am IMMATURE, It’s now a compliment!
You know you are OLD, when you see the Slide Ruler you used in college selling in an ANTIQUE SHOP!!

(06-27-2017, 04:04 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: They were posted on this site last year. It's the last one on the list #6

Thanks, now that I have a choice, I may watch them someday.

A question: Was there an accompanying commentary that indicates why the scenes were deleted?

Look I have to be honest. "Can you handle the truth?" I mean "CAN YOU HANDLE THE TRUTH?

These are not deleted scenes. Here is what happened. Some of us raised enough cash to rehire the whole cast just before they took off to their next gig. Then we rehired the whole crew and got to the same sets before they were taken down. We filmed all these scenes I wrote, then I leaked them to the internet just to flock up with your mind!

(laughs). Duh-cappacino, whatever you are, man, woman or it, I placed you on ignore a while back. I know you don't know what that means, so I'll tell you.

I can't see a thing you're writing.

Give it up. You're really wasting your time on me. Go play your video games instead. Toodaloo!

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - silver - 06-27-2017

To rpmaluki - An old saying springs to mind:

A leopard never changes his spots.

(Re: Adalind being a 'different' one from season to season)

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-27-2017

All believing that it is impossible for a person to change his way of thinking?