Grimm Forum
Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? (/Thread-Was-Juliette-a-user-of-men-did-she-prostitute-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 08:51 PM)Loona Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 08:33 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 08:19 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 08:14 PM)Loona Wrote: Nick did not once change Kelly's diapers !

Loona, you are absolutely correct. Just ignore di's comments. He can't help it he's not able to get things right. Like, if it states it's a deleted scene, it means it's not part of the story. Hence the word, "deleted".

At least I used a deleted scene that was part of the script that the writers had in the story line. The scene was acted, directed, shot, printed and then deleted. Better than making <no pun intended> "crap" up. like you two. Sorry I don't inject <again> "crap" in the plot!

BTW, that's called a Set Up!

Maybe dicappatore you should " first" decide what you like and what you want !

It is a deleted scene and therefore not important for the plot of the series - maybe you should accept your own suggestion and rewatch the series again.
It's important enough for the same producers who made the show to put it in a dvd package.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 08:17 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 06:17 PM)Tara Wrote: I like Adalind and I like Juliette, but Juliette is still my favorite no matter how the writers call her now. Grimm is really one of my favorite tv-series where I really like all character no matter, which one.

But some development in the series makes really no fun.

1. ) The time Nick and Adalind sleeping for the first together, when Adalind looked like Juliette.
2. ) The transformation of Juliette in a Hexenbiest - she was a caring person and the writers made out her a nasty Hexenbiest.
3. ) The development of Juliette to Eve that they needed to be beaten like a drums - and that she is cold like ice that is not something I wanted for my favorite character. The writers could have made a different story out of it.
4.) The writers forced Nick and Adalind into a relationship - it's feeled rushed and not right - Maybe it's because I'm more of the Nickliette shipper - but okay it's just my opinion on that matter.
Being on the other side of the fence of Nick's relationships, him falling for Adalind can't be fun. But looking back at Nick, I don't think he fell for Adalind as easily as some might think and he was a lot more cautious about it and hesitant than Adalind was. It was a much longer process.

The writers for the most part were clumsy in writing certain aspects of the show. They were often quite brilliant and creative in dishing out weird wesen and plot lines around Nick's cases but they honestly sucked at his personal relationship and I don't think it was confined to him and Adalind alone. It's easy to have blinders on when it comes to relationships on this show because you either go to the extreme in disregarding the faults of a particular pairing (and not acknowledge the faults) or go to the other extreme in praising the same pairing (and not acknowledge the faults). I'm not saying that you are any of the above but it's happened quite a few times on this board.

As someone who preferred Nick and Adalind from about half way through S5, I saw the merits in them being together as opposed to Nick and Juliette based on the people they became by the time they moved into the loft. He was attracted to her, for probably longer than he knew, idk. What I saw on screen was a man who, despite every hurdle in the way progressively fell in love with the most unlikely person in the world. Viewers can rage against this for the next hundred years but I couldn't help but notice how each time Nick set up a road block, somehow he passed right through it in spite of himself and he fixed yet another road block only to keep passing right through it of his own volition and repeat the same action over and over until finally confessing his love for her. It was not Shakespeare writing but for me personally, I understood what the writers were aiming for even if done clumsily.

Since the very beginning of the show I have felt that Nick and Juliette's personalities were constantly at odds with with one another after Nick became a Grimm. This has been discussed at varying degrees about what Nick/Juliette did or could have done differently in their relationship. It's possible that before the pilot episode, he and Juliette were perfectly in sync but unfortunately for this viewers, everything that happened after that episode pitted me against that relationship because of the constant conflicts they couldn't resolve around Nick being a grimm, it didn't even matter to me that they loved each other because I felt they were doomed. They wouldn't have lasted as long as long in real life but TV shows go by their own rules when it comes to the actions of their characters under strenuous conditions, so I expected them to survive until the end despite every sign to the contrary. Colour me shocked when that didn't happen and Juliette went crazy with the hexenbiest, citing pretty much the very things that made me wary of them as a couple as her reasons for imploding and going after him trying to destroy him. I felt in some weird way, the writers unintentionally proved me right all along.

Nick is a simple man with simple needs but his life is too complicated. Juliette as we met her, didn't fit in his world. She tried because she loved him but it felt abrasive, at least to me. I think becoming a hexenbiest allowed her to step outside of his shadow to be her own woman but they made her vengeful and unhinged. Juliette should have worked through the frustration of her transformation and the bitterness against Nick herself, in a healthy way instead of forcing the HW/BC plot into the story. They could have kept the wesen uprising but from a natural progression standpoint instead of making it the evil plot of an evil organisation.

To me all the episodes that led to the engagement attempt were also very frustrating. As I recall he tried to propose the evening his Aunt shows up at the house. I guess it put a damper on his planned romantic evening he was planning based on what he planned on the second attempt.

This is where the writers flocked up. Why wait so long on the second attempt. And then the refusal. These two were living together. Why didn’t the subject of the future, the past, marriage, kids never came up.

My frustration of their relationship is what led me to go and nit-pick on the few tid-bits of her past to see what type of person she was. And yes I concluded she was a promiscuous woman before she hooked up with Nick. As for Nick background, Not much, just a frog in the microwave incident, as I can recall.

I know before I made the commitment to “DO IT” and buy that ring we had beaten that dead horse to death on our future plans. Some were set some were not but they were discussed the same went with many of our friends. Including amongst our friends. I don’t recall one scene where they discussed any future plans.

I blame both, well the writers, for the NO Connection. He never brought up the subject of engagement/marriage prior to the deed and she never mentioned her somewhat distrust for hi behavior. Yet both lived under the same roof for a few damm years.

Whether you approve of the institution of marriage or not? What world do these writers live in to disregard any dialogue investment in this so important subject matter to people’s relationships

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Hell Rell - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 06:59 PM)Loona Wrote: Well, I think Adalind could have satisfied with another man, too. Juliette/Eve was there first - no Adalind. It still is and remains that Adalind is the runner- up. No matter what you think - it's my opinion.

Lana Lang was there first, no Lois Lane.

Gwen Stacy was there first, no Mary Jane Watson.

You see where I'm going with this? How many people end up with their first loves? Besides, I doubt Nick and Juliette were each other's first loves. Being first is not as important as you're making it out to be. Adalind isn't a runner-up because it's not a competition. Juliette didn't win or lose anything as it relates to Nick.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 09:13 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 08:17 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 06:17 PM)Tara Wrote: I like Adalind and I like Juliette, but Juliette is still my favorite no matter how the writers call her now. Grimm is really one of my favorite tv-series where I really like all character no matter, which one.

But some development in the series makes really no fun.

1. ) The time Nick and Adalind sleeping for the first together, when Adalind looked like Juliette.
2. ) The transformation of Juliette in a Hexenbiest - she was a caring person and the writers made out her a nasty Hexenbiest.
3. ) The development of Juliette to Eve that they needed to be beaten like a drums - and that she is cold like ice that is not something I wanted for my favorite character. The writers could have made a different story out of it.
4.) The writers forced Nick and Adalind into a relationship - it's feeled rushed and not right - Maybe it's because I'm more of the Nickliette shipper - but okay it's just my opinion on that matter.
Being on the other side of the fence of Nick's relationships, him falling for Adalind can't be fun. But looking back at Nick, I don't think he fell for Adalind as easily as some might think and he was a lot more cautious about it and hesitant than Adalind was. It was a much longer process.

The writers for the most part were clumsy in writing certain aspects of the show. They were often quite brilliant and creative in dishing out weird wesen and plot lines around Nick's cases but they honestly sucked at his personal relationship and I don't think it was confined to him and Adalind alone. It's easy to have blinders on when it comes to relationships on this show because you either go to the extreme in disregarding the faults of a particular pairing (and not acknowledge the faults) or go to the other extreme in praising the same pairing (and not acknowledge the faults). I'm not saying that you are any of the above but it's happened quite a few times on this board.

As someone who preferred Nick and Adalind from about half way through S5, I saw the merits in them being together as opposed to Nick and Juliette based on the people they became by the time they moved into the loft. He was attracted to her, for probably longer than he knew, idk. What I saw on screen was a man who, despite every hurdle in the way progressively fell in love with the most unlikely person in the world. Viewers can rage against this for the next hundred years but I couldn't help but notice how each time Nick set up a road block, somehow he passed right through it in spite of himself and he fixed yet another road block only to keep passing right through it of his own volition and repeat the same action over and over until finally confessing his love for her. It was not Shakespeare writing but for me personally, I understood what the writers were aiming for even if done clumsily.

Since the very beginning of the show I have felt that Nick and Juliette's personalities were constantly at odds with with one another after Nick became a Grimm. This has been discussed at varying degrees about what Nick/Juliette did or could have done differently in their relationship. It's possible that before the pilot episode, he and Juliette were perfectly in sync but unfortunately for this viewers, everything that happened after that episode pitted me against that relationship because of the constant conflicts they couldn't resolve around Nick being a grimm, it didn't even matter to me that they loved each other because I felt they were doomed. They wouldn't have lasted as long as long in real life but TV shows go by their own rules when it comes to the actions of their characters under strenuous conditions, so I expected them to survive until the end despite every sign to the contrary. Colour me shocked when that didn't happen and Juliette went crazy with the hexenbiest, citing pretty much the very things that made me wary of them as a couple as her reasons for imploding and going after him trying to destroy him. I felt in some weird way, the writers unintentionally proved me right all along.

Nick is a simple man with simple needs but his life is too complicated. Juliette as we met her, didn't fit in his world. She tried because she loved him but it felt abrasive, at least to me. I think becoming a hexenbiest allowed her to step outside of his shadow to be her own woman but they made her vengeful and unhinged. Juliette should have worked through the frustration of her transformation and the bitterness against Nick herself, in a healthy way instead of forcing the HW/BC plot into the story. They could have kept the wesen uprising but from a natural progression standpoint instead of making it the evil plot of an evil organisation.

To me all the episodes that led to the engagement attempt were also very frustrating. As I recall he tried to propose the evening his Aunt shows up at the house. I guess it put a damper on his planned romantic evening he was planning based on what he planned on the second attempt.

This is where the writers flocked up. Why wait so long on the second attempt. And then the refusal. These two were living together. Why didn’t the subject of the future, the past, marriage, kids never came up.

My frustration of their relationship is what led me to go and nit-pick on the few tid-bits of her past to see what type of person she was. And yes I concluded she was a promiscuous woman before she hooked up with Nick. As for Nick background, Not much, just a frog in the microwave incident, as I can recall.

I know before I made the commitment to “DO IT” and buy that ring we had beaten that dead horse to death on our future plans. Some were set some were not but they were discussed the same went with many of our friends. Including amongst our friends. I don’t recall one scene where they discussed any future plans.

I blame both, well the writers, for the NO Connection. He never brought up the subject of engagement/marriage prior to the deed and she never mentioned her somewhat distrust for hi behavior. Yet both lived under the same roof for a few damm years.

Whether you approve of the institution of marriage or not? What world do these writers live in to disregard any dialogue investment in this so important subject matter to people’s relationships
To me, these two were like two ships passing in the night. After he became a Grimm, they drifted further and further apart on a fundamental level. Like you said they NEVER talked about their issues which worked against them making a permanent commitment (marriage) as they hoped/expected after dating for years.

(06-26-2017, 09:38 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 06:59 PM)Loona Wrote: Well, I think Adalind could have satisfied with another man, too. Juliette/Eve was there first - no Adalind. It still is and remains that Adalind is the runner- up. No matter what you think - it's my opinion.

You see where I'm going with this? How many people end up with their first loves? Besides, I doubt Nick and Juliette were each other's first loves. Being first is not as important as you're making it out to be. Adalind isn't a runner-up because it's not a competition. Juliette didn't win or lose anything as it relates to Nick.
You make a good point and also sounds like real life.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 09:38 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:

To me, after the proposal fell through they were just hanging on. They both looked at the ring in the drawer, at different times, but never even discussed it. They seem to hang on to each other more for companionship, convenience than real love

When the Hex came all her reservations of him were amplified. She didn’t loose him, By all of her amplified actions she threw him away and broke him.

Adalind was there with his son and slowly picked up the pieces. Even as bad as a slut Adalind was, before hooking up with Nick. She stayed true to him after the gradual hook up. She stayed true to him even with Bonaparte forced move in with Sean and her daughter doll play pushing her into Sean's arms. When she was confiding with Rosalee, wishing she wasn’t a Hex at all, she wasn’t wishing it for Nick. She just wanted to be good

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-27-2017

(06-26-2017, 08:28 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 08:19 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 08:14 PM)Loona Wrote: Nick did not once change Kelly's diapers !

Loona, you are absolutely correct. Just ignore di's comments. He can't help it he's not able to get things right. Like, if it states it's a deleted scene, it means it's not part of the story. Hence the word, "deleted".
If that's how you chose to see it, by all means.... It's there whether you ignore it or not but I find it strange coming from you, someone who often speaks for the characters and what they supposedly could have done or couldn't have done to fit your view of a certain plots that's never even been commit to film.

It's not how I choose to see it, it's how it is. How many people are actually going to go out and buy the entire series just to see the deleted scenes and then argue here about how those scenes are really part of the series? I can guarantee you, not many.

You only find it strange coming from me because the deleted scene is one that supports your view of Nick as a father. If there was a deleted scene where Nick said he made a mistake and he always loved Juliette and never loved Adalind, you'd be arguing against that because it never appeared in the final cut. Therefore, it never happened.

And btw, I'm not the only one who argues about what characters could have done or supposedly done that's never made it to film. You yourself have often argued that very viewpoint. Everyone who's still here has argued that very viewpoint. It's why they are still here. If we all stuck to the confines of the series, we'd have all been gone with its demise........All of us.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 04:12 AM)irukandji Wrote: And btw, I'm not the only one who argues about what characters could have done or supposedly done that's never made it to film. You yourself have often argued that very viewpoint. Everyone who's still here has argued that very viewpoint. It's why they are still here. If we all stuck to the confines of the series, we'd have all been gone with its demise........All of us.
I should have added "as though it did in fact happen" to my original statement.

You chose to ignore the deleted scenes, that's your prerogative. However, I do not. Those deleted scenes are not my personal view of any character. I did not make it up, it's there for everyone's viewing pleasure. Those scenes are extra footage the producers made and included them in the final product that will ever be released of this show. In terms of Nick embracing fatherhood, it's there on the actual episodes that did in fact air so I'm not just my view.

You come across as though if we didn't see Nick poop himself therefore it didn't happen, all of this over Nick changing his son's diaper.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-27-2017

(06-27-2017, 05:08 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 04:12 AM)irukandji Wrote: And btw, I'm not the only one who argues about what characters could have done or supposedly done that's never made it to film. You yourself have often argued that very viewpoint. Everyone who's still here has argued that very viewpoint. It's why they are still here. If we all stuck to the confines of the series, we'd have all been gone with its demise........All of us.
I should have added "as though it did in fact happen" to my original statement.

You chose to ignore the deleted scenes, that's your prerogative. However, I do not. Those deleted scenes are not my personal view of any character. I did not make it up, it's there for everyone's viewing pleasure. Those scenes are extra footage the producers made and included them in the final product that will ever be released of this show. In terms of Nick embracing fatherhood, it's there on the actual episodes that did in fact air so I'm not just my view.

You come across as though if we didn't see Nick poop himself therefore it didn't happen, all of this over Nick changing his son's diaper.

OMG. That was a frekin set up. I posted it earlier; Refering to Loona and irukandji.

At least I used a deleted scene that was part of the script that the writers had in the story line. The scene was acted, directed, shot, printed and then deleted. Better than making <no pun intended> "crap" up. like you two. Sorry I don't inject <again, no pun> "crap" in the plot!

And he is still falling for it!!!

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-27-2017

How nice they cut it.
It would be very strange for me to say that Nick.
Its okay still loved a Juliette, but he was going to be a father.
Leaving your child for Juliette would be selfishness.
When people decide to be parents they give up certain things and that should also understand Juliette too.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Hell Rell - 06-27-2017

I view most deleted scenes that were actually filmed as part of the show that they just cut for time. It would be different if they changed the scene by putting a different one in the show to replace it.

There was a scene from GOT season 2, when the show was still good, where Tyrion making Shae into Sansa's handmaiden made a lot more sense. It was easy to tell exactly where that scene would've been placed in the episode and it doesn't contradict anything we've seen. There were a few from OZ that also serve the same purpose. They only add more context to what we've already seen. It's kind of like an extended cut of the show.

A deleted scene of Nick saying he still loves Juliette and made a mistake with Adalind is a poor example. It would completely contradict everything we've seen. A good portion of the final season would have to be rewritten just to support this scene or go in a different direction once they decided to scrap it.