Grimm Forum
Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? (/Thread-Was-Juliette-a-user-of-men-did-she-prostitute-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 06:46 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 06:02 PM)silver Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 05:47 PM)Loona Wrote: Much more terrible, he " supposedly " feel in love with the woman who did the nasty things towards his friends. Let it be Hank or Juliette itself. Okay with Wu it was unplanned. But how can he fall in love with that woman? Sorry, but I don't get it- and it has nothing to do with Adalind - I like her as character but I don't get the how and why? And the need of that Couple - If Nick and Adalind would have stay as friends or co parents for Kelly okay...

Ha ha, I don't get it either - Nick falling in love - but when it comes to 'the mother of my child/ren' it wouldn't matter if she were a female Hitler! Men (in general) are blinded / smitten with the whole father role. Unavoidable.

Until their child suddenly sports a dirty diaper.
I guess you missed the scene where Nick is changing a diaper.

<Sarcastic Hint>i You need to watch the whole series all over again!

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 07:26 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 06:59 PM)Loona Wrote: Well, I think Adalind could have satisfied with another man, too. Juliette/Eve was there first - no Adalind. It still is and remains that Adalind is the runner- up. No matter what you think - it's my opinion.
If some other man was as good to her as Nick was when she was at her lowest, I would agree with you but there was only Nick and like a vice, Adalind latched on to him for dear life.

(06-26-2017, 07:22 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 07:21 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 06:02 PM)silver Wrote: Ha ha, I don't get it either - Nick falling in love - but when it comes to 'the mother of my child/ren' it wouldn't matter if she were a female Hitler! Men (in general) are blinded / smitten with the whole father role. Unavoidable.

In a deleted scene, Nick actually changed Kelly's diaper.

I'll bet it wasn't a poopy one.
It was very poopy one. Adalind had to answer a call from Hank while he dealt with the weirdly coloured, poop filled diaper.

I see now why it was a deleted scene. Nick changing a poopy diaper is so uncharacteristic of him.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Loona - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 08:01 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 05:47 PM)Loona Wrote: Much more terrible, he " supposedly " feel in love with the woman who did the nasty things towards his friends. Let it be Hank or Juliette itself. Okay with Wu it was unplanned. But how can he fall in love with that woman? Sorry, but I don't get it- and it has nothing to do with Adalind - I like her as character but I don't get the how and why? And the need of that Couple - If Nick and Adalind would have stay as friends or co parents for Kelly okay...

Ha ha, I don't get it either - Nick falling in love - but when it comes to 'the mother of my child/ren' it wouldn't matter if she were a female Hitler! Men (in general) are blinded / smitten with the whole father role. Unavoidable.

Nick did not once change Kelly's diapers !

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 06:17 PM)Tara Wrote: I like Adalind and I like Juliette, but Juliette is still my favorite no matter how the writers call her now. Grimm is really one of my favorite tv-series where I really like all character no matter, which one.

But some development in the series makes really no fun.

1. ) The time Nick and Adalind sleeping for the first together, when Adalind looked like Juliette.
2. ) The transformation of Juliette in a Hexenbiest - she was a caring person and the writers made out her a nasty Hexenbiest.
3. ) The development of Juliette to Eve that they needed to be beaten like a drums - and that she is cold like ice that is not something I wanted for my favorite character. The writers could have made a different story out of it.
4.) The writers forced Nick and Adalind into a relationship - it's feeled rushed and not right - Maybe it's because I'm more of the Nickliette shipper - but okay it's just my opinion on that matter.
Being on the other side of the fence of Nick's relationships, him falling for Adalind can't be fun. But looking back at Nick, I don't think he fell for Adalind as easily as some might think and he was a lot more cautious about it and hesitant than Adalind was. It was a much longer process.

The writers for the most part were clumsy in writing certain aspects of the show. They were often quite brilliant and creative in dishing out weird wesen and plot lines around Nick's cases but they honestly sucked at his personal relationship and I don't think it was confined to him and Adalind alone. It's easy to have blinders on when it comes to relationships on this show because you either go to the extreme in disregarding the faults of a particular pairing (and not acknowledge the faults) or go to the other extreme in praising the same pairing (and not acknowledge the faults). I'm not saying that you are any of the above but it's happened quite a few times on this board.

As someone who preferred Nick and Adalind from about half way through S5, I saw the merits in them being together as opposed to Nick and Juliette based on the people they became by the time they moved into the loft. He was attracted to her, for probably longer than he knew, idk. What I saw on screen was a man who, despite every hurdle in the way progressively fell in love with the most unlikely person in the world. Viewers can rage against this for the next hundred years but I couldn't help but notice how each time Nick set up a road block, somehow he passed right through it in spite of himself and he fixed yet another road block only to keep passing right through it of his own volition and repeat the same action over and over until finally confessing his love for her. It was not Shakespeare writing but for me personally, I understood what the writers were aiming for even if done clumsily.

Since the very beginning of the show I have felt that Nick and Juliette's personalities were constantly at odds with with one another after Nick became a Grimm. This has been discussed at varying degrees about what Nick/Juliette did or could have done differently in their relationship. It's possible that before the pilot episode, he and Juliette were perfectly in sync but unfortunately for this viewers, everything that happened after that episode pitted me against that relationship because of the constant conflicts they couldn't resolve around Nick being a grimm, it didn't even matter to me that they loved each other because I felt they were doomed. They wouldn't have lasted as long as long in real life but TV shows go by their own rules when it comes to the actions of their characters under strenuous conditions, so I expected them to survive until the end despite every sign to the contrary. Colour me shocked when that didn't happen and Juliette went crazy with the hexenbiest, citing pretty much the very things that made me wary of them as a couple as her reasons for imploding and going after him trying to destroy him. I felt in some weird way, the writers unintentionally proved me right all along.

Nick is a simple man with simple needs but his life is too complicated. Juliette as we met her, didn't fit in his world. She tried because she loved him but it felt abrasive, at least to me. I think becoming a hexenbiest allowed her to step outside of his shadow to be her own woman but they made her vengeful and unhinged. Juliette should have worked through the frustration of her transformation and the bitterness against Nick herself, in a healthy way instead of forcing the HW/BC plot into the story. They could have kept the wesen uprising but from a natural progression standpoint instead of making it the evil plot of an evil organisation.

(06-26-2017, 08:14 PM)Loona Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 08:01 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

Nick did not once change Kelly's diapers !
There's a S5 deleted scenes thread on this site that clearly shows Nick changing Kelly's diaper.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 08:14 PM)Loona Wrote: Nick did not once change Kelly's diapers !

Loona, you are absolutely correct. Just ignore di's comments. He can't help it he's not able to get things right. Like, if it states it's a deleted scene, it means it's not part of the story. Hence the word, "deleted".

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 08:05 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 07:26 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 06:59 PM)Loona Wrote: Well, I think Adalind could have satisfied with another man, too. Juliette/Eve was there first - no Adalind. It still is and remains that Adalind is the runner- up. No matter what you think - it's my opinion.
If some other man was as good to her as Nick was when she was at her lowest, I would agree with you but there was only Nick and like a vice, Adalind latched on to him for dear life.

(06-26-2017, 07:22 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 07:21 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 06:46 PM)irukandji Wrote: Until their child suddenly sports a dirty diaper.
In a deleted scene, Nick actually changed Kelly's diaper.

I'll bet it wasn't a poopy one.
It was very poopy one. Adalind had to answer a call from Hank while he dealt with the weirdly coloured, poop filled diaper.

I see now why it was a deleted scene. Nick changing a poopy diaper is so uncharacteristic of him.
It's wasn't like him but Nick fully embraced fatherhood and that included changing nasty diapers and even waking up in the middle of the night to tend to his son while he allowed Adalind some much needed sleep.

(06-26-2017, 08:22 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: It's wasn't like him but Nick fully embraced fatherhood and that included changing nasty diapers and even waking up in the middle of the night to tend to his son while he allowed Adalind some much needed sleep.

It's still a deleted scene and in the context of the series, it never occurred.

(06-26-2017, 08:19 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Loona, you are absolutely correct. Just ignore di's comments. He can't help it he's not able to get things right. Like, if it states it's a deleted scene, it means it's not part of the story. Hence the word, "deleted".
If that's how you chose to see it, by all means.... It's there whether you ignore it or not but I find it strange coming from you, someone who often speaks for the characters and what they supposedly could have done or couldn't have done to fit your view of a certain plots that's never even been commit to film.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-26-2017

At least I used a deleted scene that was part of the script that the writers had in the story line. The scene was acted, directed, shot, printed and then deleted. Better than making <no pun intended> "crap" up. like you two. Sorry I don't inject <again> "crap" in the plot!

BTW, that's called a Set Up!

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Loona - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 08:33 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

At least I used a deleted scene that was part of the script that the writers had in the story line. The scene was acted, directed, shot, printed and then deleted. Better than making <no pun intended> "crap" up. like you two. Sorry I don't inject <again> "crap" in the plot!

BTW, that's called a Set Up!

Maybe dicappatore you should " first" decide what you like and what you want !

It is a deleted scene and therefore not important for the plot of the series - maybe you should accept your own suggestion and rewatch the series again.