Grimm Forum
Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? (/Thread-Was-Juliette-a-user-of-men-did-she-prostitute-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-25-2017

I do not see the prejudiced Nick.
His reactions were by how began his relationship with Adalind- the fights-.
Inconprehensible is- for me- how act Juliette.
The fear for Nick and the rest.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Robyn - 06-26-2017

(06-25-2017, 01:51 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 01:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: I really don't think Nick embraced Adalind's hexenbiest either. I was wondering just what he'd do if he came home and saw a woged Adalind brewing some kind of potion. My thoughts? Adalind wouldn't be living in the fome too much longer if she kept up that kind of behavior.
If he came home and found her brewing something, he'd probably ask her what she was up to, was it serious and did she need his help? He's at the stage where he doesn't think she'd do anything treacherous or villainous like when he first met her. I don't see Nick ever cuddling up to a hexenbiest in my jaundiced opinion but he's not completely put off by it or her hexenbiest in particular even though she was the first one he encountered that he fought with the longest. He and Adalind supposedly worked on their trust issues since the end S5, probably ironing out the remainder of niggling little things in between the two decades they spend together.

The three times she woged in front of him this season, he asked for it for the trust me knot spell, the second time was when they needed to open the book to find out how Eve crossed through the mirror and he didn't react at all, instead it looked more like Diana was the one giving him vibes when he pulled out the stick and her eyes began to glow. The last time time Adalind woged was when they needed the blood of a Grimm, Hexenbiest and a wesen. Nick placed his hand directly above Adalind's shrivelled up hand and again he wasn't creeped out by it all.

Honestly, I can't talk about the full extent of Nick's embracing Adalind's hexenbiest because I'm speaking for myself and I can't imaging cozying up next to one or even imagine being intimate with one because eww, is all I have to say on the matter. Nick has shown to move past a lot of his prejudices where hexenbiests are concerned, I don't see him holding on to even the most basic of those where not only Adalind is concerned but also Eve.
Our interpretations of embrace differ in this situation. I wasn’t referring to intimate physical contact, but that Nick wholly accepted and loved Adalind in a way he didn’t Hexenbiest Juliette - which had more to do with the immediate disintegration of their relationship than his eventual ability/willingness to do so. I want to believe that Nick realized his mistake with Juliette - willing to love only a part of what she was - and with Adalind, he’d learned that just as both women loved him and his Grimm, he needed to love all of Adalind and not see any part of her as unwanted or tolerated.

I don’t see Nick jumping to conclusions either should he find Adalind working on a potion or spell. He didn’t jump to conclusions and suspect Adalind kept her mother’s books for dubious reasons. And for me anyway, that goes back to Nick embracing the Hexenbiest. He asked Adalind to use her Hexenbiest skills in S6 because that’s her forte, her strength, and not a part of her he needs to pretend doesn’t exist.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Hell Rell - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 07:11 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 01:51 PM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 01:26 PM)irukandji Wrote: I really don't think Nick embraced Adalind's hexenbiest either. I was wondering just what he'd do if he came home and saw a woged Adalind brewing some kind of potion. My thoughts? Adalind wouldn't be living in the fome too much longer if she kept up that kind of behavior.
If he came home and found her brewing something, he'd probably ask her what she was up to, was it serious and did she need his help? He's at the stage where he doesn't think she'd do anything treacherous or villainous like when he first met her. I don't see Nick ever cuddling up to a hexenbiest in my jaundiced opinion but he's not completely put off by it or her hexenbiest in particular even though she was the first one he encountered that he fought with the longest. He and Adalind supposedly worked on their trust issues since the end S5, probably ironing out the remainder of niggling little things in between the two decades they spend together.

The three times she woged in front of him this season, he asked for it for the trust me knot spell, the second time was when they needed to open the book to find out how Eve crossed through the mirror and he didn't react at all, instead it looked more like Diana was the one giving him vibes when he pulled out the stick and her eyes began to glow. The last time time Adalind woged was when they needed the blood of a Grimm, Hexenbiest and a wesen. Nick placed his hand directly above Adalind's shrivelled up hand and again he wasn't creeped out by it all.

Honestly, I can't talk about the full extent of Nick's embracing Adalind's hexenbiest because I'm speaking for myself and I can't imaging cozying up next to one or even imagine being intimate with one because eww, is all I have to say on the matter. Nick has shown to move past a lot of his prejudices where hexenbiests are concerned, I don't see him holding on to even the most basic of those where not only Adalind is concerned but also Eve.
Our interpretations of embrace differ in this situation. I wasn’t referring to intimate physical contact, but that Nick wholly accepted and loved Adalind in a way he didn’t Hexenbiest Juliette - which had more to do with the immediate disintegration of their relationship than his eventual ability/willingness to do so. I want to believe that Nick realized his mistake with Juliette - willing to love only a part of what she was - and with Adalind, he’d learned that just as both women loved him and his Grimm, he needed to love all of Adalind and not see any part of her as unwanted or tolerated.

I don’t see Nick jumping to conclusions either should he find Adalind working on a potion or spell. He didn’t jump to conclusions and suspect Adalind kept her mother’s books for dubious reasons. And for me anyway, that goes back to Nick embracing the Hexenbiest. He asked Adalind to use her Hexenbiest skills in S6 because that’s her forte, her strength, and not a part of her he needs to pretend doesn’t exist.

Nick was no longer suspicious of Adalind once she told him about being a Hexenbiest again. He would've asked her why she was brewing a potion and asked her if there was anything he could do. Nick didn't automatically associate her Hexenbiest with nefariousness anymore. This is further evidenced by Diana's access to the trailer and how it was decorated.

Nick doesn't even wince at the sight of her woge anymore. It's not like she's asking him to kiss him while she looks like that.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 07:11 AM)Robyn Wrote: Our interpretations of embrace differ in this situation. I wasn’t referring to intimate physical contact, but that Nick wholly accepted and loved Adalind in a way he didn’t Hexenbiest Juliette - which had more to do with the immediate disintegration of their relationship than his eventual ability/willingness to do so. I want to believe that Nick realized his mistake with Juliette - willing to love only a part of what she was - and with Adalind, he’d learned that just as both women loved him and his Grimm, he needed to love all of Adalind and not see any part of her as unwanted or tolerated.

Robyn, My question to you is. How and when did Juliette ever give Nick a chance to accept her and her Hex?

Yea He frowned when she woge, but held back that face when she bedded Sean and Ken. I don’t recall her putting on that face when she initiated the kissing them?. But not for Nick. Oh No. He had to accept only that look since she was with that look 24/7. Yea He tried to fix her. Which it’s what she was looking for and asked for, from, Rosalee, Sean and Henrietta.

Does his repeating to her in many occasions, he still loves her. Telling her it’s his turn to understand her new persona fall on deaf ears?

But somehow, Nick reaching out to her for the same fix. Turning his head when he is first told of her condition is somehow a betrayal and rejection of her? Can you say that is a fair assessment of the character Nick?

Tell me, make me understand, what else more could the guy have done to meet your requirements of accepting her as a Hex.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Robyn - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 09:56 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Nick doesn't even wince at the sight of her woge anymore. It's not like she's asking him to kiss him while she looks like that.
Yea, whether in human or Hexenbiest form, Nick only sees Adalind. I always assumed kissing/sex while woged was a Wesen thing. I don't recall Adalind woging while having sex with Eric, but IIRC, she and Renard woged during sex and so did Rachael and Renard. And now that I think about it, Monroe and Rosalee had sex while woged at the end of the episode that Rosalee went undercover in the circus.

(06-26-2017, 11:30 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Robyn, My question to you is.
dicappatore,I didn't want to be rude and ignore your response to one of my posts, however, I don't see any need for us to have further conversation concerning Juliette. Your opinion of the character is too narrow to allow for objective debate.

If you're looking for a kindred spirit in the 'I hate Juliette' club, you may want to seek out New Guy. I can't imagine there being any contradicting views in your discussions of the character.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - silver - 06-26-2017

I think Nick's biggest mistake was in treating Juliette like a young child who needed to be protected from his 'world' of Wesen, etc. in the first place. It's the seed of her frustration and knowing she's being treated like almost incompetent so when it all builds to a head, it's gone on far too long, him acting like he has to be her protector and he's also got all his Wesen friends treating her like that, for a time, too! Thank god for Rosalee's balanced view - but, too little too late.

He was too wrapped up in his police duties and Grimm stuff to wake up to the fact that Juliette cannot keep going on with him keeping all this from her, without her going nutsy just like Hank and Wu almost did.

Plus, I think Juliette was very above-board and downright virtuous, when Nick proposed and she said she couldn't because her sensing of all this stuff being hidden from her and his aloofness and knowing she's being kept in the dark couldn't have felt right to her at that point.

Fwiw.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 12:33 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(06-26-2017, 11:30 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Robyn, My question to you is.
dicappatore,I didn't want to be rude and ignore your response to one of my posts, however, I don't see any need for us to have further conversation concerning Juliette. You're opinion of the character is too narrow to allow for objective debate.

If you're looking for a kindred spirit in the 'I hate Juliette' club, you may want to seek out New Guy. I can't imagine there being any contradicting views in your discussions of the character.

I left the window open to open up my so called “Narrow Mind” and gave you the opportunity to prove me wrong. All you can come up is with. You wish not to be rude. And unable to show me your side of the equation.

What is rude and narrow minded is making a statement without backing it up with an example or an idea based on the subject matter. Then accusing your opponent of being what in reality is what you are. Rude and narrow minded.

As many narrow-minded women claim men can never be able to balance the actions of the 2 characters equally even if one side of their behavior exceeds the other. You remind me of an anti-abortion person staking out an abortion clinic to kill the doctor because that person is against killing. Or an pro-abortion activist protesting the execution of an inmate death sentence because it is wrong to kill anyone one for any reason.

Without assigning any politics or political views and just looking at the reasoning behind the two statements. Are you able to comprehend the IRONY of the two statements?

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-26-2017

To know the world "Wesen" not learning how to drive a car. His aunt and his mother did not take it very well at first. Monroe also warned that not everyone takes it so well- maybe the possibility is to end up in a psychiatric.

(06-26-2017, 12:42 PM)silver Wrote: I think Nick's biggest mistake was in treating Juliette like a young child who needed to be protected from his 'world' of Wesen, etc. in the first place. It's the seed of her frustration and knowing she's being treated like almost incompetent so when it all builds to a head, it's gone on far too long, him acting like he has to be her protector and he's also got all his Wesen friends treating her like that, for a time, too! Thank god for Rosalee's balanced view - but, too little too late.

He was too wrapped up in his police duties and Grimm stuff to wake up to the fact that Juliette cannot keep going on with him keeping all this from her, without her going nutsy just like Hank and Wu almost did.

Plus, I think Juliette was very above-board and downright virtuous, when Nick proposed and she said she couldn't because her sensing of all this stuff being hidden from her and his aloofness and knowing she's being kept in the dark couldn't have felt right to her at that point.
I agree with your assessment of Nick’s reaction, but in his defense - and trust me, I don’t often defend Nick *grin* - he seems to have an instinctive protective nature, especially with those in his immediate circle, and specifically a girlfriend/wife. I think that’s one of the components of Nick/Adalind that works well for them. Nick likes Adalind as the little woman who wants to be wife and mother. And Adalind likes that family and their safety & wellbeing is Nick’s priority. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen any of the first couple of seasons, but I don’t recall Juliette ever needing or coveting Nick’s protection the way Adalind does.

Compound that with Nick’s world instantly going from totally normal to completely bizarre, and I doubt he understood it enough to explain it to anyone in the beginning. And given how bizarre things were for an otherwise normal guy, I can understand why he didn’t immediately end his relationship with Juliette just because Marie told him to. But once Nick realized he couldn’t keep the Grimm-Wesen conflict out of his personal life, I’m not sure informing Juliette was enough. Because even after Juliette was aware and actively involved she was still at risk.

So I guess the questions is - Realizing how dangerous his day to day life had become, should Nick have ended his relationship with Juliette in order to keep her away from the dangers of his Grimm life? Did he have the right to make that decision for her or should he have left staying or leaving up to Juliette?

Looking at some of these post makes me wonder, was I watching a different show?

I keep seeing post claiming Nick was protecting, lying, secretive, keeping Juliette in the dark from being a Grimm, all the Wesen folks. Keeping her at his home in the kitchen and nice enough letting her out to go to work. While trying to marry her. A real lousy narrow-minded Neanderthal alpha male that was insensitive to the needs of his woman

Was I the only one that saw Nick trying to come out of the closet early on and failed because Juliette was easley conned by Adalind. Too stubborn to seek additional help for the clearly infected cat’s scratch. She knew better, she was a Vet

Was I the only one to see a Juliette, after going out of her way to analyze DNA that was conclusive on crossed or mixed species DNA right before He tries to explain the Wesen world to her? Her reaction to him was for him to seek help after she freaks out. A perfect response for an intelligent rational independent strong woman able to connect the two dots staring at her face living in another man’s house and not trusting an iota of what he was trying to tell her.

Was I the only one that saw Nick put up with the results of her coma. Watching another man kissing her passionately in the doorstep of his house. What Monroe saw in the spice shop and told Nick after he moved out. Because the damm bitch, with all the photos of the two of them clearly proving the love they once had. Forced the guy to sleep on the couch, not even upstairs in the spare room they had which led him to move out of his own home. He must have been a real male chauvinist pig and a real scumbag staking out his own house. No-where close to the be able to be as understanding as the GRAND FAIR WOMAN MINDED that Juliette was.

Was I the only one. When Nick had chances to cheat on her with Ariel and the Muse. Even under their spells. He was able to resist their sexual advances with only going so far as a kiss. Question? What spells was Juliette under from Sean and Kenneth when she was spreading her legs for them?

Was I the only one that saw Juliette finally come around, accepted him for who he had become. Saw him loose the Grimm and mutually agreed to drink the potion for him to get back his Grimm. I know I am a simple man. Did I overlook Nick threatening Juliette to take the potion? Telling her she was gonna be thrown out on the street if she did not. Was he going to shoot her if so? If I missed it all, can someone, please inform me to which or what episodes I missed?

After accepting him as a Grimm and both committed to no more keeping secrets from each other. Maybe I missed out on the part when Juliette voge into a Hex for the 1st time and goes running to Nick, before she goes to seek council with others. After all, Nick was just a Grimm. Had a trailer full of Wesen lore and information. Made lots of Wesen friends and let them live. Including other Hexenbiest.

Was it me again missing out on the months Nick spent on the couch for being repulsed at her Hex face. And how sweet old Juliette was so understanding with Nick like he was with her when she was repulsed by a guy she had lived with for years after her coma. I guess the one day or two she gave him was just my imagination.

But I am a simple man. I am too stupid to realize that NICK was the one FORCING Juliette to keep her secret. It’s Nick unable to accept her as a Hex. Not Juliette unable to accept Nick as a Grimm now that she is a Hexenbiest

I must have fabricated when she laughs in his face about him being a Cop, a Grimm whose been providing a roof over her head for years, after he attest his love for her as a Hex. I must have fabricated in my own mind the conversation she had with Rosalee when she visited her in jail.

I must have missed the part when “A Little birdie” from Juliette was telling Nick he was having sex with Adalind instead of her, on Rosalee wedding day. But Nick, being the insensitive alpha male jerk whom was just looking for any piece of ass he could get, and proceeded to impregnate Adalind anyway. Why else would any understanding woman such as Juliette would clearly see that Nick wasn’t raped. Rape can only happen to women. Which can justify her reaction the pregnancy at the police station.

I guess it was all of Nicks shortcomings and lack of understanding of women by being a man like the rest of us! Which gave Juliette no choice to stay with him.