Grimm Forum
Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? (/Thread-Was-Juliette-a-user-of-men-did-she-prostitute-herself)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Hell Rell - 06-24-2017

(06-24-2017, 05:06 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 10:08 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Then how about we replace unhappy with unhealthy? I find people easily assume people have a healthy marriage from the distance when the reality can be that there's very little about it that's healthy. I'd rather see them can get a divorce and improve themselves separately than be miserable together. I wouldn't think think any less of them for doing so.

My parents have been married for 35 years so I definitely see the merits in it. I just don't think marriage is the be all/end all and is the only type of commitment worth having. I think couples who are faithful and support each other while they're together, marriage or not, shows their commitment.

Congratulations to your parents, Hell Rell. My husband and I just celebrated our 40th anniversary. When I was first married my sister in law told me she didn't see our marriage lasting a year. She has since been through 3 marriages and 2 divorces so you just never can tell.

Your comment that people easily assume that people have a healthy marriage from a distance is very accurate. My parents are a prime example. To see them in public, you'd think they had the happiest marriage. In private, I can say it was a completely different matter. I would have totally applauded a divorce between them.

I don't know what the answer is to the inflating divorce rate in these modern times. All I can say is that sometimes staying together is the worse decision a couple can make because it causes hardship on the children. My parents are still married to this day, but my brother will never forgive them for what staying together did to him as a child.

(06-19-2017, 10:08 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: In Nick and Juliette's case, things went off the rails once Juliette became a Hexenbiest. Things would've played out largely the same had they been married at the time. That ring wouldn't have saved their relationship. Juliette disappearing might've been a bigger deal but that should've been the case anyway.

My mother was a Catholic and my father was not during the 50s when they married. They were able to marry in church, but it was not the blessed event that church weddings are now. The church was dark and they were forced to marry in the vestibule. Both of their parents were against the marriage from day one, one side was Catholic and the other not. My father's parents talked him into becoming a Mason, which was strictly forbidden on the Catholic side of things. Add to that that he was a cop, they had no where to live at first so had to live with both parents. My mother always called it a mixed marriage, which seemed to me, to be dooming it from the start.

While Nick and Juliette were not married, I see some distinct similarities. All was fine until she became a hexenbiest. Nick tried to be fine with her being a hexenbiest but it was clear to me that he was not fine with it at all. He wanted to continue to be a grimm. Juliette was not innocent by any means. She had her issues with Nick. Both of them seemed out of control with their antics in the relationship. Juliette didn't have the hexenbiest heritage. Hers was created. However, she still had the characteristics of a hexenbiest just like Nick had the characteristcs of a grimm. It was a mixed relationship that imploded and was doomed.

As stated this all seemed to begin with Juliette becoming a hexenbiest. I agree that if she had become a hexenbiest with a ring on her finger, nothing would have changed. However, it seems a lot of the blame falls on Juliette as a hexenbiest rather than the issues that arose because of the relationship mixture of hexenbiest/grimm. It seems to me that both Nick and Juliette were at fault and neither really wanted to go back to the way things were. Is that because they both became grimm and hexenbiest and the two species really shouldn't mix?

I agree a lot with what you're saying about marriage. I'm not anti-marriage by any means. My best friends are also married. They complain but they're happy with their lives.

I just happen to think social pressure plays a large part in people marrying for the wrong reasons. One of my friends and his wife are Haitian and he told me her family kept sending not so subtle hints about them wanting to marry. I think families of couples can do them a disservice by this type of behavior. He ended up proposing when he felt the time was right, it was on her birthday and I was there to witness it, but I think some people will do it and fear of how their family and friends will judge them if they don't get married.

As far as Nick and Juliette were concerned, I believe Grimms and Hexenbiest can mix but their preconceived notions prevented that from happening. The books nor their friends speak highly of them. There's also the issue of their experience with the first Hexenbiest they ever met. They lost their identities in each others' eyes and mainly became the hated enemy of their species.

There are no other Grimm/Hexenbiest pairings besides Nick and Adalind so I wonder if other Grimms and Hexenbiests can be paired. I'd like to think that there's a possibility Elizabeth could be tolerant enough to date a Grimm but she would probably let her logical side win over her emotional one. She wouldn't give up Sean for the world but she has to remember the turmoil that came from sleeping with King Frederick. Elizabeth might think pairing with a Grimm would be worse and I can't think of a Grimm that would be okay with it.

However, Elizabeth spent time around two Grimms and even restored one's power at her son's request. That's most likely a lot more than other Hexenbiests would do so maybe there's a slight chance of her mingling with a Grimm.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - rpmaluki - 06-24-2017

Being a grimm and a hexenbiest didn't break up Nick and Juliette. We see now how well they could have mixed had they persevered. However, being two different species under the strain they were facing as a couple at that time, it was the the penultimate straw before the last one that eventually broke the back (Kelly's death). Ever since Nick became a Grimm and eventually confessed the truth about it to her, his life with Juliette didn't get any better for it. Other things began cropping up between them that were never fully resolved so when she snapped as a hexenbiest, all of her grievances against Nick flooded back and were compounded by the presence of a very pregnant Adalind.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - dicappatore - 06-24-2017

(06-24-2017, 05:06 PM)irukandji Wrote: As stated this all seemed to begin with Juliette becoming a hexenbiest. I agree that if she had become a hexenbiest with a ring on her finger, nothing would have changed. However, it seems a lot of the blame falls on Juliette as a hexenbiest rather than the issues that arose because of the relationship mixture of hexenbiest/grimm. It seems to me that both Nick and Juliette were at fault and neither really wanted to go back to the way things were. Is that because they both became grimm and hexenbiest and the two species really shouldn't mix?

I agree, a ring would have made no difference. As for the Grimm/Hex mix? Well lets see. Nick repletely told her he was still in love with her, He was never going to hurt her He reminded her that she had learned to accept him as a Grimm and now it was his turn to accept and understand her as a Hex.

She repeatedly shows him her Hex face. Walks out on him one or two days after she exposed herself. Laughs to his face when he tells her he wants to work things out Ridicules him as he gets a call doing his job. Gets arrested to see if he would bail her out. Which was BS based on her conversation with Rosalee. When He does visit her in jail, she pushed him away.

IMO, he made more than one attempt to fix the relationship between a Grimm and a Hex. I don’t recall her making any attempts to accept her as a Hex and him as a Grimm.

And as you say, The two species really shouldn’t mixt. Then how did the Nick the Grimm and Adalind the Hex relationship work out? The love Nick eventually developed for Adalind never came close to the love he had for Juliette.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - Robyn - 06-25-2017

I thought the double standards couldn't get any worse, but this one was scraped so hard from the bottom of the barrel it left gouges.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-25-2017

I think that the relationship of Nick and Adalind will exceed that of Nick and Juliette.
Because in an moment they left behind the pride to care for a baby.
Juliette did nothing for his relationship. She asking for help to Rosalee in spice shop and then rejecting everything by seeing Nick. Laughing at Nick. Telling Rosalee that everything was fine-4×19-.
That helped him to be proud?
In nothing.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-25-2017

(06-24-2017, 07:11 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Being a grimm and a hexenbiest didn't break up Nick and Juliette. We see now how well they could have mixed had they persevered. However, being two different species under the strain they were facing as a couple at that time, it was the the penultimate straw before the last one that eventually broke the back (Kelly's death). Ever since Nick became a Grimm and eventually confessed the truth about it to her, his life with Juliette didn't get any better for it. Other things began cropping up between them that were never fully resolved so when she snapped as a hexenbiest, all of her grievances against Nick flooded back and were compounded by the presence of a very pregnant Adalind.

I don't think Eve and Nick would have mixed well if they persevered. I thought there was some chemistry between them a few times when she was Eve, but that was quickly quashed by the creative team. If you compare Nick and Eve's friendship to that of Nick and Monroe, it falls completely flat. Not because it's a man to woman friendship versus a man to man friendship. It has to do with the interaction of the characters as allowed by the creative team. Nick and Monroe interact on a much more personal basis than Nick and Eve. In my estimation, I see Nick and Eve as more peers than anything else. It's apparent to me that their peer relationship was never going to go further. Nick never cared for Eve the way he cared for his friends.

Quote:Brandon wrote:
I think that the relationship of Nick and Adalind will exceed that of Nick and Juliette. Because in an moment they left behind the pride to care for a baby. Juliette did nothing for his relationship. She asking for help to Rosalee in spice shop and then rejecting everything by seeing Nick. Laughing at Nick. Telling Rosalee that everything was fine-4×19-. That helped him to be proud? In nothing.

Well, Brandon, you can ramble on and on about the olden days but that all ended with season 4. Season 5 brought us some new and drastic changes. You mention Juliette did nothing for the relationship. In seasons 5 and 6, she couldn't. Adalind had been declared Nick's next live in.

I am still of the opinion that the hexenbiest/grimm mixed relationship cannot endure if both are allowed to be grimms and hexenbiests, that which is natural to them. But that doesn't change that the two species seem to be natural enemies. Nick and Adalind did nothing to change that because Adalind was willing to completely cave to Nick. I believe it was Robyn who said it best: Adalind became the mouse in the corner. She was allowed to live there and she was allowed to raise Kelly there. Diana was also allowed there. At times. Did Adalind ever rise to status of co-owner, co-decision maker or even Nick's equal? Nope.

So while they got along and Adalind raised Kelly and everything seemed hunky dory, I think it was often for appearance's sake because Adalind catered to Nick. I'm sure sometimes Adalind is sitting in the fome, wondering what it be like if she could just go back to being a hexenbiest and raising hell once again. When she got drafted to homemaker duty, she lost her sparkle.

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - brandon - 06-25-2017

In season 5 and season 6 she ist " Eve " Hexenbiest ( Juliette). Nothing in "Juliette" Hexenbiest "- season 4-

RE: Was Juliette a user of men, did she prostitute herself? - irukandji - 06-25-2017

(06-25-2017, 07:19 AM)brandon Wrote: In season 5 and season 6 she ist " Eve " Hexenbiest ( Juliette). Nothing in "Juliette" Hexenbiest "- season 4-

True. But where in seasons five and six did Eve ever try to have a romantic relationship with Nick? In answer, never. That ended with season 4. So you can talk about Juliette's relationship with Nick up to season 4, but they had no relationship after that.

I'm not even of the opinion that even though Adalind has Nick, their relationship will exceed that of Juliette and Nick. Adalind catered to Nick. They'll get along just fine but their relationship will never ever be called a great love story because it never was based on love. It was based on Adalind relinquishing her principles and her powers and how that made it all possible for Nick to take her in.

I referred to their relationship as couple- season 4-, she did not act better than he.
And then as demanding that he choose her-4×19-

(06-25-2017, 07:31 AM)brandon Wrote: I referred to their relationship as couple- season 4-, she did not act better than he.
And then as demanding that he choose her-4×19-

I know. But in the end, how much does that really matter? Juliette left, Eve returned, and Adalind was the one who moved in with Nick. We know what Juliette did and we know what Nick did. Both were to blame for their actions when Juliette became a hexenbiest.