Grimm Forum
Grimm-Fan.com - Comments - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Community)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-The-Lounge)
+--- Thread: Grimm-Fan.com - Comments (/Thread-Grimm-Fan-com-Comments)

Grimm-Fan.com - Comments - Courtney - 10-31-2013

Ugh, someone just commented on the site and said they honestly had no idea how the show hasn't been cancelled yet. Angry Needless to say, I didn't approve the comment...

Why go out of your way to find a FANsite on a show you don't like and post a comment like that... you KNOW it would just make the owner/visitors upset! I put so much work into the site, and to receive a bad comment about the show like that just... UGH

(sorry if this isn't the right place to post, I just really needed to vent about it!)

RE: Grimm-Fan.com - Comments - grimmfreak - 10-31-2013

(10-31-2013, 08:11 PM)Courtney Wrote: Ugh, someone just commented on the site and said they honestly had no idea how the show hasn't been cancelled yet. Angry Needless to say, I didn't approve the comment...

Why go out of your way to find a FANsite on a show you don't like and post a comment like that... you KNOW it would just make the owner/visitors upset! I put so much work into the site, and to receive a bad comment about the show like that just... UGH

(sorry if this isn't the right place to post, I just really needed to vent about it!)

Yeah... It's such a loser thing to do. Why not find show you do like and talk on it's FANsite. This person probably bashes a lot of things and has a very sad life.

RE: Grimm-Fan.com - Comments - pale boy - 10-31-2013

Trolls are the worst. Not even criticizing, just outright saying they don't like the show to ruin someone's day.

Urgh, forget about the jerk, Courtney. Wrecking things and arbitrarily complaining is easy. Creating a space for something you love is much harder and much appreciated. Smile

(Good to see you on the forum again, although the circumstances of this thread were less than ideal.)

RE: Grimm-Fan.com - Comments - GrimmForum - 11-01-2013

Wow that's terrible, I'm sorry to hear about that! Trolls are just out there to make others feel like crap. It's hard not to take it personally, but if you really think about it, they're the pathetic ones. The people that really matter are the fans, and we appreciate your work Smile

RE: Grimm-Fan.com - Comments - Courtney - 11-01-2013

thanks guys Smile your support means a lot, and I just hope that guy stays away from the site! Tongue

RE: Grimm-Fan.com - Comments - grimmfreak - 11-01-2013

Generally these people look to get a rise out of others... When they don't get it they move on.

RE: Grimm-Fan.com - Comments - HellJacket - 11-01-2013

(11-01-2013, 06:26 AM)grimmfreak Wrote: Generally these people look to get a rise out of others... When they don't get it they move on.
Since I consider myself probably a leading authority on trolldom in both the IMDB and Grimm Forum communities, I have to say that the above statement is mostly inaccurate. For starters, if someone was looking to get a rise out of Grimm fans, the best place would not be Courtney's site, but the Grimm Forum.

The real truth is that posting online has an intoxicating effect on many people. While people are initially restrained, many posters eventually enter a degree on online drunkenness that is not too different from being drunk in real life. Some drunks are flirty, some drunks become uber-socialable, and some drunks show that they're really just azzholes who don't care about anyone, let alone what anyone else thinks. The above commenter likely falls into this last category.

So, the most important lesson in traversing the wide Internet is to recognize that it isn't much different from traversing a party with a bunch of drunk people. Always be aware that there will be azzholes at the party, but never let them ruin your personal fun.

/This has been a public service announcement by HellJacket