Grimm Forum
Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? (/Thread-Grimm-fathers-Nick-and-Renard-roles-as-fathers)

Pages: 1 2

Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - WispyWillow - 05-09-2017

Renard meeting baby diana
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsyIBkjAvh6P0l8yznVpg..._sDHJTJKr4]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXnJrP4rWcuEh90rZldvE...vnvpSTLFFl]

nick meeting baby kelly
[Image: nick-adalind-with-baby-kelly-nbc.jpg]

[Image: grimm-kelly.jpg?w=620]

RE: Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - rpmaluki - 05-09-2017

Nick took to fatherhood like a fish to water, I love that bottom pic of him playing with Kelly. He seemed annoyed to be called away from his father/son bonding in the middle of the night. I think Sean grew into it once he let BC convince him that his daughter should be with him. That should have been his decision long after the royal threat to Diana's safety was no longer an issue. I enjoyed the playfulness of his scenes with Diana except for when he tried to influence Diana against Nick where Adalind was concerned (douche move) and the Grossante matter. I didn't like how he didn't go after Diana even though he knew she could take care of herself. I wasn't looking for Diana the super hexenbiest in those scenes, I was looking for Sean Renard, (concerned) father.

RE: Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - Mrtrick - 05-09-2017

Nick will be a good dad. The fact that Diana gets to a point where she calls him that, is a great indicator of this. I think family is something he and Adalind want, more than just about anything. Renard is the more curious case. He's definitely good with Diana. But he's got some seriously bad tendencies. The kind that will make his relationship with Nick and Adalind more contentious. That's something that will affect Diana more as she gets older. And, I can see her being stuck in the middle of many arguments.

RE: Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - WispyWillow - 05-09-2017

(05-09-2017, 08:42 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: Nick will be a good dad. The fact that Diana gets to a point where she calls him that, is a great indicator of this. I think family is something he and Adalind want, more than just about anything. Renard is the more curious case. He's definitely good with Diana. But he's got some seriously bad tendencies. The kind that will make his relationship with Nick and Adalind more contentious. That's something that will affect Diana more as she gets older. And, I can see her being stuck in the middle of many arguments.

what about renard and kelly? what kind of relationship do you think they would have?

RE: Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - Mrtrick - 05-09-2017

(05-09-2017, 01:52 PM)WispyWillow Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 08:42 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: Nick will be a good dad. The fact that Diana gets to a point where she calls him that, is a great indicator of this. I think family is something he and Adalind want, more than just about anything. Renard is the more curious case. He's definitely good with Diana. But he's got some seriously bad tendencies. The kind that will make his relationship with Nick and Adalind more contentious. That's something that will affect Diana more as she gets older. And, I can see her being stuck in the middle of many arguments.

what about renard and kelly? what kind of relationship do you think they would have?

Not especially close, I wouldn't think. Kelly would relate to Renard, as Diana's Dad, but I can't see them spending much time together. Holidays. Occasionally picking both kids up from school. But, if for any number of reasons, someone needs to watch Kelly, it's probably going to be Monroe and Rosalee. And in the initial years, Nick's trust of Renard is going to be tenuous. So much depends on whether Renard has been a good boy, over that twenty year span. If so, by the time Kelly is grown, they probably have an amiable relationship. But he wouldn't be one of the people Kelly is most deeply connected to.

RE: Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - irukandji - 05-09-2017

The one who really surprises me in a father figure role is Renard. Nick spent about five minutes holding Kelly last year. I can't recall if he's held him since.

But the series has shown more than one instance where Renard has interacted with Diana with positive results. What I liked about their interaction is he didn't treat her like she was a dumb little kid and conversed with her seriously.

RE: Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-09-2017

(05-09-2017, 04:17 PM)irukandji Wrote: The one who really surprises me in a father figure role is Renard. Nick spent about five minutes holding Kelly last year. I can't recall if he's held him since.

Nick held Kelly and kissed his forehead in 601.

Some men find older children easier to deal with than babies. Sean was not interested in Diana the baby but he enjoys her now.

RE: Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - Kathryn Wooten - 05-09-2017

I think Renard was not afraid of Diana using her powers he allowed her to use them but caution her that she did not always have to use them, Renard also encourage her and not being afriad of her powers... then the reation when she shows her powers to the others including Adalind

RE: Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-09-2017

(05-09-2017, 04:31 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: I think Renard was not afraid of Diana using her powers he allowed her to use them but caution her that she did not always have to use them, Renard also encourage her and not being afriad of her powers... then the reation when she shows her powers to the others including Adalind

Both Sean and Adalind wanted Diana not to kill people without taking a cue from the parents and were not happy about her using the stick to let Nick and Eve back. Adalind would warn Diana before she would woge and called a potion fairy dust to make Diana feel more comfortable about magic. Only thing only Adalind told Diana not to do that no one else said was not to float baby Kelly.

RE: Grimm fathers: Nick and Renard roles as fathers? - Hell Rell - 05-09-2017

(05-09-2017, 04:17 PM)irukandji Wrote: The one who really surprises me in a father figure role is Renard. Nick spent about five minutes holding Kelly last year. I can't recall if he's held him since.

But the series has shown more than one instance where Renard has interacted with Diana with positive results. What I liked about their interaction is he didn't treat her like she was a dumb little kid and conversed with her seriously.

This isn't surprising since Diana was someone that could talk back and was always the more important character of the kids. She was always going to receive more attention than Kelly.

Babies just don't get much screentime unless we're talking about Full House. Anyone who watches OUAT probably thinks Kelly got considerable screentime compared to a certain baby on that show. Reddit even has a #WHERE'S BABY NEAL? campaign going on. They don't even bother to address who's watching him most of the time and I forget he exists until he's mentioned.