Grimm Forum
Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Juliette (/Thread-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Juliette - syscrash - 12-15-2014

(12-15-2014, 11:09 AM)Elkhound Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 08:24 PM)busyizzy Wrote: Someone made a good point in the El Chupacabra episode thread and that was...to get rid of the Hexenbiest Wesen spirit, all Juliette should have to do is partake of a little of Nick's blood. I bet there will be a catch here, however....surely, it won't be that simple?

Nick cuts his face shaving or slices his finger in the kitchen and she 'kisses it to make it all better'?

I don't think the writers would make it that simple. maybe it will take the blood of another Grimm. This would give and excuse for Truble's return. Crazy thought I wonder if she is part Hexenbiest and part Grimm. Since it was Nick's blood in Adalind that allowed Adalind to take his powers. That would mean when Juliette Woges she can see the deepest parts of her own sole. (Monroe's explanation of how they know Nicks a Grimm).
All i know is the writers set up a very good arc for Juliette.
1. Nick won't have to worry about her as much. See can not see wessen and has Hexenbiest strength.
2. She can help on cases. Fill in for Truble.
3. She can help protect Rosalie.

Other then she looks like death warmed over what is the downside.
Elizbeth, Renard, and certainly Adalind don't have a problem with the look.
Just like Trubel enjoyed being able to inject fear in her opponents because she is a Grimm. Juliette might also like having the feeling of power. She has already comes to grip with the Wessen world. Now she won't have to fear it.

RE: Juliette - Elkhound - 12-15-2014

(12-15-2014, 12:08 PM)syscrash Wrote:
(12-13-2014, 08:24 PM)busyizzy Wrote: Someone made a good point in the El Chupacabra episode thread and that was...to get rid of the Hexenbiest Wesen spirit, all Juliette should have to do is partake of a little of Nick's blood. I bet there will be a catch here, however....surely, it won't be that simple?

Nick cuts his face shaving or slices his finger in the kitchen and she 'kisses it to make it all better'?

I don't think the writers would make it that simple.

Perhaps not; but she might TRY, and then when it doesn't work confess to the group what she was trying to do.

1. He cuts himself shaving; she 'kisses it and makes it all better.'
2. He slices his finger. Ditto.
3. They are. . .doing it. . .and she bites him, HARD.
4. She invents a reason to take a blood sample.
5. He asks her if she has turned into a vampire all of a sudden, and she confesses.
6. They start working on a solution as a group.

RE: Juliette - syscrash - 12-16-2014

(12-15-2014, 06:19 PM)Elkhound Wrote:
(12-15-2014, 12:08 PM)syscrash Wrote:

I don't think the writers would make it that simple.

Perhaps not; but she might TRY, and then when it doesn't work confess to the group what she was trying to do.

1. He cuts himself shaving; she 'kisses it and makes it all better.'
2. He slices his finger. Ditto.
3. They are. . .doing it. . .and she bites him, HARD.
4. She invents a reason to take a blood sample.
5. He asks her if she has turned into a vampire all of a sudden, and she confesses.
6. They start working on a solution as a group.

it can not be as simple as exchange blood, or the first time they have sex problem solved.

RE: Juliette - wfmyers1207 - 12-22-2014

Well, from the very short synopsis available at spoilertv it would seem that my first instinct about Juliette's transformation into a hexenbeist was wrong. I thought it was an hallucination but it seems she has indeed become a hexenbeist.

As has been suggested, it could be that all she needs to change back is some of Nick's blood. But what if that doesn't work because he was involved in the spell that changed her in the first place?

Perhaps it will take the blood of Truble or Kelly to change her back into a normal human.

Should be interesting to find out! And should be one hell of a catfight if she and Adalind go toe to toe as hexenbeists! That could be way fun to watch. I'll bring the popcorn and beer!Big Grin

RE: Juliette - syscrash - 12-23-2014

I wonder if as Juliette gains more hexenbiest powers, Adalind is losing her powers. Then the only way to reverse the drain of power is for Juliette and Adalin to sleep together. Other then it being kinky. Juliette would have to decide. Does she do this knowing it will give Adalind her power back, knowing Adalind will surly use it against her. Or does she remain looking like death warmed over.

RE: Juliette - syscrash - 01-12-2015

you have three main women on the show. Rosalee who's background makes her seem to function well in these adversarial situations. It is obvious that Rosealee has a lot of street smarts. Then you have Adalind who is all the way antagonist ready for a fight, she is a witch. Then there is Juliette, who from the beginning is the intellectual pacifiest. Even though she helped defend her friend Alicia, it is obvious she is not adapt at handling her self on the streets. Even on the Zombie romp Juliette seemed out of her element. It is her lack of street smarts that makes her seem out of place working with the gang. The other thing is Juliette is not an aggressive character. So to she Juliette as a hexenbiest get violent an say use her added strength to grab and through someone across the room would seem odd. Adalind also does not show street smarts but does have an evil, vengeful streak. My concern, is this a hexenbiest trait and will it start to show in Juliette. On the show every hexenbiest so far has that evil streak. Even Elizabeath and Catherine approached situations with violence first. Kelly thought violent, even when confronted did not kill first. Example FBI in the car, the hijacked pickup driver, even when going to confront Sean she stated she was not going to kill him. Catherine's first comment to Adaline was your lucky I didn't ripe your throat out.

The other thing that concerns me is a person character seems to align with their personality. Pacifist Juliette now a vengeful hexenbiest? unless they use Juliette to show you don't have to give into your nature. Like Monroe is now a vegetarian, Nick does not cut off heads just because it's expected. They could take the path that Juliette not giving into her vengeful, evil nature is what is used to get Adalind to change.
Adalind will change sides.

Then again all of this speculation could be for not. Juliette being a hexenbiest could have no other purpose then to get the audience to come back to the show after the holidays. We will know Fri. do they expand the revelation or do they let it die away. If we don't see a change in Juliette's character then it is a through away topic.

RE: Juliette - Gretel Hanselsister - 01-14-2015

I can’t think of Juliette as a Hexenbiest, this is nothing but wrong.
Juliette got used to Wesen and Grimms, but she had her bad experiences with Adalind and she scares her. Perhaps she could get used to being a Fuchsbau or an Eisbiber but never, never a Hexenbiest!

The Grimm writers really need a plan to make this work. The problem can’t be how to train her to master her new abilities or to control the Woge, the problem is to make her accept what she has become. A Hexenbiest is the most ugly Wesen of all by far! It will be difficult enough for Nick to accept this, for Juliette it’s a pure nightmare.

I think the Hexenbiest in Juliette will become handy to save Monroe and defeat the Wesenrein. This could be a way for her to tolerate her new nature. But she will never be happy of being a Hexenbiest, I can’t believe this.

RE: Juliette - syscrash - 01-14-2015

I don't think Juliette looking like a hexenbiest is going to be a problem. The tie to looking like Adalind will be and issue. It has been a long path for Juliette to accept Nick as a Grimm and the existence of the wesen world. But time and again Juliette has shown she is accepting of things most people would say noway. When Adalind sleep with Nick comments said Juliette would not get over it. Not only did she get over it, she also pushed Nick to get over it and get his Grimm back. When faced with taking care of Diana even when it seemed like it wold be for a while, she got over her hate for Adalind. Even Adalind had to ask why Juliette was helping her. For Juliette to accept being a hexenbiest it will have to become an asset and not a disability. She will have to have control over being a hexenbiest. The comments seem to feel looking like a hexenbiest will cause Nick and Juliette not to accept the transformation. Sean shows you can hide the look if you really want to. Sean seldomly woges and he has been in emotional situations. I think this is one big difference from hexenbiest and other wesen. I think the idea that hexenbiest woge involuntarily is from the pilot. But Adalind might have woged on purpose to verify that Nick actually is a Grimm. Remember Sean know about Aunt Mari thus he knew about Nick. Nick being a Grimm he might have assumed since his aunt was a Grimm.
I could see Nick and Juliette dealing with the look as. Juliette Woges to mess with Nick saying do I look pretty. Nick replies don't do that. As a hexenbiest I think we will see her woge even less then Sean does. We will not see her woge when it is just Her and Nick.

Also it would really be shallow of Nick to not except her because of the look. What if it was third degree burns or some other disfiguring accident that caused the change. Would he dump her then. Would he love her any less. You did not see Juliette shy away from Nick when he was the walking dead.

Also the shows seems to go out of it's way to make the point, what makes a wesen a monster is what they do and not what they look like. The fact that a Blutbot finds a fuchbau beautiful is a testament of the show wanting to show tolerance.

RE: Juliette - Jiva - 04-17-2015

I can't stand Juliette. I like every other character. I don't know if it's the actress or the character but somehow she doesn't fit. I think the show would be better without her.

They should have Trubel come back and chop her head off.:AngryHeart

RE: Juliette - grimmfreak - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 06:22 PM)Jiva Wrote: I can't stand Juliette. I like every other character. I don't know if it's the actress or the character but somehow she doesn't fit. I think the show would be better without her.

They should have Trubel come back and chop her head off.:AngryHeart

Welcome to the forum Jiva!
My opinion is that the writers have failed to develop her character (along with others) well. This failing has led me to the conclusion that her exiting the show (be it by death or a falling out with Nick to the point where she leaves Portland) is the best course for the character. (I really like the actress.)