Grimm Forum
Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Juliette (/Thread-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Juliette - Belle - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 07:41 AM)Elkhound Wrote: Don't you mean Nick's belle?

I prefer Nick's Chick. A little bit sexist, but I just love they way it rolls off the tongue. Big Grin

RE: Juliette - Audra - 07-20-2014

I can't stand her, there are so many other supporting characters that are interesting, but hers? Nope.. I get it that they didn't develop her character in season 1 even tho they had plenty of room with a whopping 20+ episodes. But by season 2 it's just annoying to see her. Angry

These are the things that just bother me about the character:
She seems confused all the time and is curious and wanting to know what is going on, but then when she is told, or brought into the fold she gets distant and seems to want to shut down. every other character seems to love and want to protect Nick more than she does. spoiler * at the beginning of season 3 when they got nick back from going crazy at the bar and he had killed someone everyone was more than willing to lie for/protect nick, but she stopped and asked if everyone was "ok" with the choice to cover for nick... Why would she hesitate to cover for someone that she is supposed to love so much?!? Then in the same episode when Rosalie calls dimwit Juliet to tell her that the detectives had just finished questioning her, the doorbell rings and Juliet lets nick answer it... Where he then finds out that while poisoned he killed a man... Ummm ok, Why did dimwit Juliet allow him to answer the door and find out that way? She seemed perfectly fine with letting him find out then she should have told him herself! (bad unloving girlfriend!) but whatever; that's how they wrote the character... Oh and good job on making her have a Latino heritage. I literally rolled my eyes when the show played THAT card... She is the whitest Latino I've ever seen.

there are also things about the actress that I can not stand. For starters she is ugly in most lighting, there are only a few well lit moments on the show where she doesn't look like a skeleton. Her eyebrows annoy the hell out of me, when she overacts her eyebrows start to look like windshield wipers!! She has no emotional range at all. In season 3 episode 1 when Nick was kidnapped and taken on a plane she literally yells out "no no no" as if THAT was going to stop the plane from taking off, but then she stands there emotionless and stares off at the plane. No tears, no anguish, no anger... Just blankly staring as if she is waiting for the director to yell "cut".

Can I mention the chemistry between nick and Juliet?! I can't because there is none! Monroe and Rosalie are well written and have more love and chemistry so I know that the writers CAN write good romantic scenes... They just choose not to for nick and Juliet. I hope they kill off Juliet, Nick can have. A season of remorse and guilt, coupled with going into a dark place and then in a season introduce a new more passionate fiery character (preferably one who can act) someone who actually compliments his character like Rosalie compliments Monroe. Make her a fellow Grimm, one who can kick butt alongside him, or make her a total bookworm who he has to live a double life with. Either way just get rid of Juliet!!!

RE: Juliette - Starfury - 07-20-2014

Really do we need to be so personal about the actress, I have been critical of the character in the past as my posts on this board will attest. I have no problem with criticizing the actors acting skills as a legitimate complaint, I don't entirely agree, but again your opinion is as valid as the next persons as you at least give examples of your reasoning. However, when you stoop to personal attack on a persons appearance you invalidate anything you have said that might have any weight. She may not be your cup of tea but that does not give you the right to start attacking her in such a fashion. I'm sure there are many who watch the show that would argue strenuously the opposite of what you say is true, so may I suggest in future you temper the personal attacks and think a little before you choose the low road.

RE: Juliette - Hyndara - 07-20-2014

Well, I'm with you about the developing part. They missed tons of possibilities to develop Juliette to a stand on her own character instead of only existing within three steps of Nick. Especially with her as a vet, with the science background and that she'd already started (unknowingly!) in 1.21 to research Wesen. Why they didn't let continue her to do that? Or Juliette smartass (yes, I'm a fan of Bitise and I love her acting) working together with Rosalee on a cure for the zombies. Why don't let her grow out of that. Or back in season 2 when she went out with her friends and didn't tell Nick and was suddenly all bitch, dear Goddess, I could write a book about all the missed oppotunities!

But the lack of ANY developement is not only Juliette in season 3. It's every single character who's out of the sudden reduced into one or two abilities. Not only they managed to press the reset button slowmotion with the Adalind-Hexenbaby-Storyarc, they put also ALL characters back on their start-space IF ONLY! Most of them completely left the field if you ask me.

Your examples:
Juliette DID something at the airport, she slammed Renard's face (and now ask me why I'm a fangirl of her). And for me it was the best thing in this situation what she could do. She tried to keep herself together, to function at all. For me that is understandable that she was standing there. Besides ... what did the others do? They also stood there and no one did anything, only watching the plane arise in the sky. What they were supposed to do in this situation? Run after it? They arrived the second the plane speed up, there was nothing they could do at this moment. Not to forget: WHO called for help in the first place? That wasn't Monroe, not Rosalee or Renard.
About Rosalee's call. Again: what was Juliette supposed to do in your opinion? Nick would at least find out about what he'd done when he was zomibified at the precinct, so he got the news some minutes earlier. Beside that he feels like home there, he may not lived at the house in exactly this moment, but he lived there for more than three years before he moved out. Probably he put in some of his own money himself, we don't know that. He had every right to open the door, he did that like million times before. He would be more suspicious if Juliette had jumped in. And again, she didn't know the police were on the porch. It's not like those detectives came with sirens and lights so everyone would be warned. She was on the phone, Nick heard the door and did what he did said million times before. As far as I know the Spice Shop is at the Pearl District in PDX, Juliette's house is somewhere else (it was so far never really located but Nick always needed time to get from the Spice shop home). Juliette doesn't have a radar at home, she doesn't know who's coming and who not. And she surely doesn't know that the detectives already were there! As you said: Rosalee was just the same moment at the phone than they knocked at the door. So, anyone drove with lightspeed or Rosalee's call came delayed (my money is on the second option).
About here hesitating about the wrong statement. I guess she's the one who knows Nick best. Again, they lived two years together before he became a Grimm. She would probably know that he would be angry (what he was) if they would cover for him. Not to talk about that they all broke the law with this wrong statement. IF anyopne would ever find out that it was NIck and not the mysterious Thomas Schirach who killed the man at the bar (another point to which I will come in a few) not only Nick would end in prison/death row, they all would go to jail. Personally I tend to go through hell for my friends, and the most of those friends doesn't appricreate that very much. But I would definetely think twice about making a false statement, even for a possible soul-mate (I don't believe in love, so that's the closest you get from me). I can understand why Juliette hesitated, and, thinking about it, you would probably too.
Talking about the "Murder" once more. Nice of Renard that he got the flash-drive and that he let watch Nick what happened at the bar. BUT that wasn't a murder, and if he didn't manipulate evidence like he did with stealing the flash-drive, Nick would never been accused in the first place. Nick, even Zombie!Nick only protected himself, otherwise he would be most likely dead instead of the guy he killed IN self-defense. I'm talking that since 3.02 and it's still the same. No way in hell would have made Nick guilty murder first or even second degree. And if they would have been clever (what we don't know) the GrimmGang would have take a sample from Nick while he was uncounscious to have proof that he was drugged.

About the chemistry. Well, I don't see any of that between Nick and Trubel like the producers were talking so much about. And I seriously hate Trubel and would LOVE to see her character die in the most painful way ever. Not going to happen.
So, about Nick and Juliette having no chemistry. After season 3 I seriously ask you the question: who has at all? Somehow they managed to kill every bit of chemistry between the whole cast. Even Monroe and Rosalee don't have any anymore! And I would suggest, if you can lay your hands on it, try to watch "Caroline & Jackie". Yup, that movie where Mr. G and Bitise met. BTW, Bitsie is the producer and pretty much in charge of this movie. If you don't see any chemistry between Nick and Juliette, try Jackie and Ryan, because they have a lot of chemistry in this movie.
While I personally think they also killed a lot between Nick and Juliette in season 3 I see them as a mostly working couple there. I wish there would be more "action" between them but I see a settled couple on screen. For me it was more our of the blue that Juliette stated she didn't want anything to do with Wesen and Grimm and all of that during the finale because I think she really embraced the Grimm-stuff during the season, she definetely knew a lot more about the species than Nick knew in the end. I only wish they would have shown more about that instead of all this ridiculous nonsense with the resistance and Viktor. If there's a character too much on Grimm, it IS Viktor, not Juliette.

I concur: the writers THINK they can write decent episodes with tons of sex and action and what-they=think-of-else. What comes finally on our screens has nothing to do with decent or even good, nor acceptable writing (okay, it's barely acceptable mostly). That's one of the poorest writing-teams I've seen in my life and I've watched and read a lot of crap.

RE: Juliette - syscrash - 07-21-2014

You do have to cut Juliette some slack on Nick and her relationship being in jeopardy. Session one he is hiding a secrete so there is mistrust. The start of the wedge between them. Season two amnesia and the thing with her and Nick boss. So now Nick has mistrust causing a bigger wedge. By season Three she goes from Amnesia chick to Nick being a Zombie. When would they have had time to repair the damage to their relationship from the last two seasons. Season three now that see shes what is going on, and as each episode gets more involved. It is normal for her to wonder as she states (she is not sure if this is what she signed up for). It is one thing to be a cops wife and except the danger, but that coupled with supernatural danger? Danger that not only effects Nick on his jobs but also brings danger to her door. Now after Adaline sleeping with Nick, you have Juliette wondering, could he not feel the difference. When she was under a spell she resisted, Nick gave in. She resisted even though her mind keep telling her to be with Renard. She felt something was not right. And no amount of justification is going to let her get past the fact that Nick did not have the same gut feeling when adaline pretended to be her. I can see her staying now that Nicks has lost his grimm. Not because she sees them now having normal life. But because she would not leave him in his crippled state. I could see her doing all she could to help get his powers back and then leaving. But for Nick to not even having the slightest inclination that it was not her in bed, is going to bother her. And it should how could Nick not know. That like saying the blind can not recognize their mate, or you could not recognize your wife's twin sister. No women is going to believe that. The other reason why I think the writers are setting up for Juliette to leave. During season two, they made a big deal about juliette having more of a problem of not feeling the love for Nick then not remembering the relationship. In season 1 episode 1 he was told he needs to leave Juliette. And for three season they have been crafting a reason for them to breakup. In season 4 she is either going to have to stepup and except she is a part of this, they get married, and fight wesen together, Or she has to leave. The only way this does not happen is. They play juliette as becoming overly jealous, thus becoming the girl friend form hell. A better out come would be juliette turns to be a spy for the Royals who assignment was to keep an eye on Nick. This could lead to her becoming the big bad on the series. And a real big threat now that she knows all of Nicks secrets (the keys, the trailer, Renard, the baby). An evil Julette, that could redeem the character, plus you would not see it coming, plus this twist would turn the past three season of bad character writing into good character writing.

Question about Juliette, after three seasons she is the only character we have never been given any incite to her background. Never a mention of her parents, or any other relatives. The one friend was someone her and Nick knew.

RE: Juliette - Secret Keeper - 07-21-2014

(07-21-2014, 11:29 AM)syscrash Wrote: Question about Juliette, after three seasons she is the only character we have never been given any incite to her background. Never a mention of her parents, or any other relatives. The one friend was someone her and Nick knew.

I thought she lived with her grandmother in Spain for a few years?

(07-20-2014, 07:37 AM)Audra Wrote: Oh and good job on making her have a Latino heritage. I literally rolled my eyes when the show played THAT card... She is the whitest Latino I've ever seen.

1. If I'm correct about her family being from Spain, she's not Latina in the first place. That'd be European.

2. The Latino people you're thinking of come from a mix of white Europeans, the native Indians, and black... um, I don't remember where they came from. But some of the Latin American people are still full Spanish blood.

RE: Juliette - Christian Killian - 09-25-2014

***SPOILERS***

Just re-watched "Blonde Ambition" yet again. While I enjoy the actress for the most part, she makes some choices and comments that just drive me up the wall. When Nick slept with Juliette(but not her, her) and real Juliette finds out about it, getting upset at Nick. Now...riddle me this: Why is Juliette upset with Nick for basically him getting raped? That is what it was really. I am a big fan of the Farscape series and in season 3 the main character was basically raped and in season four (and the end movie) it really made him mad. But the important thing: the leading female (who the leading male had a relationship with the leading male) didn't ever blame the lead male. This has got to be one of the most messed up things in TV writing ever. That the sexual assault victim gets blamed by the woman he loves. I so want the character gone.

RE: Juliette - Agent 13 - 09-25-2014

(09-25-2014, 03:14 PM)Christian Killian Wrote: ***SPOILERS***

Just re-watched "Blonde Ambition" yet again. While I enjoy the actress for the most part, she makes some choices and comments that just drive me up the wall. When Nick slept with Juliette(but not her, her) and real Juliette finds out about it, getting upset at Nick. Now...riddle me this: Why is Juliette upset with Nick for basically him getting raped? That is what it was really. I am a big fan of the Farscape series and in season 3 the main character was basically raped and in season four (and the end movie) it really made him mad. But the important thing: the leading female (who the leading male had a relationship with the leading male) didn't ever blame the lead male. This has got to be one of the most messed up things in TV writing ever. That the sexual assault victim gets blamed by the woman he loves. I so want the character gone.

Yeah, her reaction bothered me as well. At this point I have to agree, while I like the actress, the character is not fixable.

RE: Juliette - Gretel Hanselsister - 09-25-2014

@Christian Killian: Welcome to the forum! Smile

hmmm...
Did Nick get raped? He didn't know what he was doing, but nobody used force, got hurt or even in a bad mood.

Let me construct a "male scenario" for you.
Let's say you have a twin brother, you really hate him because he's a really bad character and you haven't spoken for years. Now you have a girlfriend and you didn't tell her about your brother. But he's spying on you. One day he comes to your place and sleeps with your girlfriend. And hour later, you come home and find out.
Let's ignore what you would do to your brother now. Big Grin
What about your relationship? She's done nothing wrong. You wouldn't blame her for not noticing there was something wrong? You wouldn't ask yourself if he was perhaps better than you? You could go on sleeping with her in the same bed without these thoughts?

RE: Juliette - wfmyers1207 - 09-26-2014

Gretel. I'm a little disappointed at your attitude. It's rather sexist.

Yes, Nick was raped by deception. Jokes aside, men are not all pigs. If someone were to force herself on me by deception I would be pissed! Angry I agree with Killian. Her reaction to this situation has damaged the character of Juliette beyond repair as far as I'm concerned. Between the whole amnesia thing in S2 and the she's onboard/not onboard with the Grimm deal in S3 was bad enough. This is the straw that breaks it for me. Its not Bitsie Tullochs' fault. She's a fine actress, just poor writing of the character.

Its time for her character to be written off the show and the current story line is perfect for it. Nick decides he has to get his grimmness back, she can't handle it and bye-bye to Juliette. Hooray! Tongue
By the end of S4 Nick can have a new love interest. (Valentina Espinoza!Heart) Or perhaps that butch juvie guard from "The Bottle Imp". I'll bet Lowens' are something else in the sack! (OK, we all really are pigs! Sue me! Big Grin)