Grimm Forum
Juliette - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Juliette (/Thread-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Juliette - Monroe's Gal - 05-06-2014

(03-29-2014, 03:45 PM)Elkhound Wrote:
(03-28-2014, 09:54 PM)Belle Wrote: This is going to sound mean, but I really want them to get rid of Juliette. They don't even have to kill her, although I would actually be OK with that, they just need to get her away from Nick. They have zero chemistry and honestly their relationship is like the biggest buzzkill on the show. I think they need to hook her up with someone else like Monroe, Hank or even Wu. I swear the character was almost tolerable when she was hooking up with Renard, but when she's with Nick all I can think is that she is dragging him down. Sorry, but she makes me want to change the channel and I have always wondered if I'm the only one.

Nick & Monroe seem to have more chemistry with each other than either has with his canonical girlfriend. (I think sometimes that Rosalee was just dragged in to prove that Monroe isn't gay.)

TOO FUNNY! Big Grin

(04-04-2014, 07:24 PM)Elkhound Wrote: Did you see how Juliette reacted to Analinde? I thought there was going to be a b*tchfight right there and then.

...and there SHOULD HAVE been! Really, how can Nick bring Adalind home? It's just too much to see bad characters turned good, and vice versa, but Adalind?! Really?! I'd have told Nick that I'll see you when she's gone and moved into a hotel!

RE: Juliette - dragonmischief - 05-06-2014

I have never cared much for Juliette. Sometime when you put actors together as pair, you can feel chemistry. She and Nick don't work for me. I don't know if it has anything to do with the quality of the acting, or not. I would be more than happy to see another woman swept in and carry off Nick. Smile Also, if my boyfriend tried to bring in a person that had tried to 'kill' me, they would both be out on their butts, but this is fantasy with high stakes, so what can I say.

RE: Juliette - Belle - 05-06-2014

I concur. I also thought it was weird how Juliette responded to Nick bringing home "trouble". I thought she'd be a bit more welcoming to the poor girl under the circumstances. I also found both Nick and Juliette's reaction to "trouble" talking smack about them not being married a bit strange. I mean once you propose to someone the genie is out of the bottle. I find it hard to believe any man would let a woman crank yank him for as long as Juliette's been stringing Nick along.

RE: Juliette - grimmfreak - 05-06-2014

I too was surprised by her reaction to Trubel. Didn't really fit with her character... Writers failed in this case IMO.

RE: Juliette - Elkhound - 05-06-2014

(05-06-2014, 09:36 AM)dragonmischief Wrote: I have never cared much for Juliette. Sometime when you put actors together as pair, you can feel chemistry. She and Nick don't work for me.

I've often said that there is more chemistry between Nick and Monroe than between either man and his canonical girlfriend.

RE: Juliette - wfmyers1207 - 05-06-2014

(05-06-2014, 12:00 PM)Elkhound Wrote:
(05-06-2014, 09:36 AM)dragonmischief Wrote: I have never cared much for Juliette. Sometime when you put actors together as pair, you can feel chemistry. She and Nick don't work for me.

I've often said that there is more chemistry between Nick and Monroe than between either man and his canonical girlfriend.

I don't know if I would call it chemistry really. Look, as a veteran I know that you bond with men very deeply when the "shit hits the fan" but that really has nothing to do with sexuality. When you trust someone that deeply, to literally save your life, that forms a bond that is very hard to explain. It is truly a 'band of brothers' and to someone who has not been there it is very difficult to describe.
I think the writers have done well with this relationship, and it makes me wonder if any of them have served in the military or as police officers.

Now, as to Juliette, I didn't give much thought to the character until I began reading these threads. Now that I have, I'm thinking that this girl needs to get onboard with the gig or hit the bricks. She does seem to be a drag on Nick and kind of needy and self-centered. "Oh, I don't know if i can deal with this! Can I commit to you!" Really! Either cowgirl the hell up or don't let the door hit your ass.Angry

RE: Juliette - Monroe's Gal - 05-06-2014

(05-06-2014, 02:25 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(05-06-2014, 12:00 PM)Elkhound Wrote:

Now, as to Juliette, I didn't give much thought to the character until I began reading these threads. Now that I have, I'm thinking that this girl needs to get onboard with the gig or hit the bricks. She does seem to be a drag on Nick and kind of needy and self-centered. "Oh, I don't know if i can deal with this! Can I commit to you!" Really! Either cowgirl the hell up or don't let the door hit your ass.Angry

Gee, why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel? Big Grin

RE: Juliette - pale boy - 05-06-2014

Not gonna lie, Nick and Juliette give off a massive "just friends" vibe for me and have done so ever since season one. Now Juliette and Captain Renard on the other hand ...

Romantic chemistry: a fickle beast.

Edited to add -- I like Juliette and I really want to see her get a plot that doesn't involve man problems. Maybe a sort of "girls night out" adventure. C'mon, Juliette, Rosalee, and Trubel should go on an adventure next season! Smile

RE: Juliette - virgo79 - 05-28-2014

(05-06-2014, 10:10 AM)Belle Wrote: I concur. I also thought it was weird how Juliette responded to Nick bringing home "trouble". I thought she'd be a bit more welcoming to the poor girl under the circumstances. I also found both Nick and Juliette's reaction to "trouble" talking smack about them not being married a bit strange. I mean once you propose to someone the genie is out of the bottle. I find it hard to believe any man would let a woman crank yank him for as long as Juliette's been stringing Nick along.

How on earth has Juliette been stringing Nick along? I find it amazing she didn't get tired of his BS a long time ago.

Nick was keeping secrets from Juliette when he proposed to her, she knew it, and she handled the situation with incredible wisdom, maturity, and grace. She loved him and had no desire to end the relationship, but she wasn't about to commit to marriage when she knew something was off.

In the train wreck that was season 2, Juliette had a lot more patience for Nick stonewalling her than I ever would have. He kept mum, then eventually made it clear there was information he was withholding from her about what had happened to her, and she refrained from completely flipping out on him over that. She also took steps to try to remember him and rekindle their romance before the whole curse disaster kicked in.

Once she had her memory back, she never once held it against him that he left her spinning and without answers that she had every right to. She welcomed him back with open arms.

Since then, she has embraced his life with the most open mind anyone could expect of her. She wants to learn about it, she participates and helps when she can, and she rolls with every unannounced arrival on their doorstep that comes along. Juliette is brilliant, brave, and possessed of more understanding and empathy than anyone has a right to expect of her. She's a heroine in every sense of the word, and Nick is damn lucky to have her.

I have to say, I've always seen incredible chemistry between Nick and Juliette. In season 1, in particular, they would forever be leaning into each other, touching with this sense of familiarity that comes from knowing someone inside and out, reaching out to catch each other's fingers when they were talking about everyday things. I loved the scene in "Bears Will Be Bears" where Juliette was reading the article off Nick's computer aloud, and he brushed her hair back and started nuzzling her throat. Eroticism and sensuality live as much in small, intimate gestures as in flashy displays of lust.

Juliette and Renard made my skin crawl. I need my on-screen lust to be consensual for it to be sexy. (Actually, Renard in general infuriates and disgusts me too much to ever be sexy.)

RE: Juliette - Belle - 05-28-2014

Wow, interesting, you see the show completely differently than I do. I saw Nick as trying to protect Juliette and think any woman who turns down a proposal should have a much better reason than she did. At the very least I think she should break things off with him, so he can move on with his life, especially if his being a grimm is such a problem for her.

Sorry, but I am still looking forward to the episode where they kill her off in some nasty way and Nick gets to move on and date someone good. I agree with the post which said Nick has more chemistry with Monroe than Juliette.