Grimm Forum
What I would like to have seen at the END - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: What I would like to have seen at the END (/Thread-What-I-would-like-to-have-seen-at-the-END)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - rpmaluki - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 06:21 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: I would also liked to have seen Nick and Adalind's wedding. The potential for drama and hilarity would be very high. Does Eve even go to the wedding? In some ways, she's the only female friend Adalind has besides Rosalee. I wonder if Renard sits that out as well. He's always seemed perpetually grumpy about their relationship. Would Nick buy a new engagement ring or give her the one he's got? Honestly, I've always thought there was a kind of symmetry in the fact that the first woman he sees after buying the ring is Adalind and not Juliette. Especially with it being the very same moment he gets ushered into the Wesen world. I'm assuming Monroe is Nick's best man, but would Hank feel slighted by that? I'm still hoping we get a little more Grimm down the road, whether it's a TV movie or a limited Netflix run, so maybe we'll get a chance to see it play out.
Recycling rings is so tacky. Nick buying Adalind a ring, would have come full circle because of the day the first saw each other. I like the idea of her and Nick working together but not necessarily wesen hunting, that's Nick's job. Adalind's a lawyer, I can see her putting that to good use eventually.

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - MarylikesGrimm - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 09:58 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: No one ever said Eve doesn't carry the guilt of the things that happened. Those events were tragic, but it's part of the reason why Hadrian's Wall took Juliette and reconditioned her into Eve. Her penance was as a soldier against encroaching dark forces. That penance will continue on as she supports team Grimm in it's struggle. What else can she do. Her intent was purpose over happiness and the foundation of that is the guilt she feels. The case is closed, I imagine, with the government likely shaping the narrative to obfuscate the Wesen element. And most of those Verratt are dead anyway. And how would her being in jail help anyone? She's got much more work to do on the outside.

If the only wesen punishment is murder and there is no accountable to anyone then I think the viewer should expect that nothing will improve for the future.

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - rpmaluki - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 09:22 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: It would be something Renard is the head of HW in Portland
Not after what he did to Meisner.

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - Hexenadler - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 09:58 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: No one ever said Eve doesn't carry the guilt of the things that happened.

No, the show says that itself. She was projecting her own actions onto a separate persona right to the bitter end, as we saw in "Where the Wild Things Were." Her dialogue wasn't, "I'll never forgive myself," but "I'll never forgive Juliette," as if Juliette was an entirely separate entity.

Quote:Those events were tragic, but it's part of the reason why Hadrian's Wall took Juliette and reconditioned her into Eve. Her penance was as a soldier against encroaching dark forces. That penance will continue on as she supports team Grimm in it's struggle.

There wasn't any damn penance. Check out the scene between Eve and Nick in "A Reptile Dysfunction." She's openly refusing to acknowledge Juliette's crimes as her own, and even goes as far as to tell Nick to "stop living in the past" right to his face. As if she ever saw her mother's decapitated head inside a box.

Quote:And how would her being in jail help anyone? She's got much more work to do on the outside.

If my children were hideously slain inside their own home, it would certainly help me. For better context, try to take this scene from "An American Werewolf in London" and substitute the Nazi-demons with the Verrat, and their victims with Nick's neighbors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0wShZqevLU

Now, imagine you're the father of those victims, and you come face-to-face with the woman responsible for their deaths. Only she claims she isn't responsible. She falls back on some wishy-washy metaphorical B.S. about how Juliette Silverton is dead, and she's a completely different person disassociated from those atrocities.

Juliette's friends may have forgiven "Eve" without ever hearing a true apology from her lips, but only because the writers ordered them to. To accept that logic is to accept hackneyed storytelling at its laziest.

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - Renardfan99 - 04-04-2017

I would have had Adalind, Juliette and Diana sacrifice themselves! Renard takes over as Mayor, Hank is promoted to Captain, Nick and Wu are partners and Monroe/Rosalie have their triplets!

(04-04-2017, 09:58 AM)Mrtrick Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 09:24 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 08:58 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: I'm not so sure Eve is ever going back to anything remotely resembling her old life. She's taken on the mantle of a warrior now, with her mantra of "purpose is more important than happiness". I really don't see her ever settling down. She's likely to take up a more itinerant lifestyle, like Trubel. They may even partner up on occasion. Eve also has a deeply inquisitive mind, so I picture her spending a lot of time in research mode on antiquities, magic and the like. Maybe even becoming the Indiana Jones of the team, tracking down ancient relics that may have fallen into the hands of evil. From time to time, pulling in the whole team, when the job gets big. On the personal side, she'll take her pleasures more casually and I don't think she'll spend much time lamenting what could have been. It was important to the writers that she regain her Hexenbeist powers at the end, so I believe their thinking was along these lines. It was a way of pointing out that Eve liked who she was now, and didn't want to go back. And who she had become, was a fighter. Not the suburban girlfriend and friendly neighborhood vet she left behind.

It's nice that she's moved on, isn't it? I wonder if the relatives of the neighbors who were slaughtered by the Verrat back in 2015 have done the same.

No one ever said Eve doesn't carry the guilt of the things that happened. Those events were tragic, but it's part of the reason why Hadrian's Wall took Juliette and reconditioned her into Eve. Her penance was as a soldier against encroaching dark forces. That penance will continue on as she supports team Grimm in it's struggle. What else can she do. Her intent was purpose over happiness and the foundation of that is the guilt she feels. The case is closed, I imagine, with the government likely shaping the narrative to obfuscate the Wesen element. And most of those Verratt are dead anyway. And how would her being in jail help anyone? She's got much more work to do on the outside.

Juliette's penance should have been Nick cutting her head off and wearing it as a hat!Big Grin

(04-04-2017, 08:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: Eve and Renard end up together. I think that would be kind of cool.

*Gross* on any level. Renard is way too much man for that incept twit.Angry

(04-04-2017, 09:24 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 08:58 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: I'm not so sure Eve is ever going back to anything remotely resembling her old life. She's taken on the mantle of a warrior now, with her mantra of "purpose is more important than happiness". I really don't see her ever settling down. She's likely to take up a more itinerant lifestyle, like Trubel. They may even partner up on occasion. Eve also has a deeply inquisitive mind, so I picture her spending a lot of time in research mode on antiquities, magic and the like. Maybe even becoming the Indiana Jones of the team, tracking down ancient relics that may have fallen into the hands of evil. From time to time, pulling in the whole team, when the job gets big. On the personal side, she'll take her pleasures more casually and I don't think she'll spend much time lamenting what could have been. It was important to the writers that she regain her Hexenbeist powers at the end, so I believe their thinking was along these lines. It was a way of pointing out that Eve liked who she was now, and didn't want to go back. And who she had become, was a fighter. Not the suburban girlfriend and friendly neighborhood vet she left behind.

It's nice that she's moved on, isn't it? I wonder if the relatives of the neighbors who were slaughtered by the Verrat back in 2015 have done the same.

This! Juliette/Eve should have been forced to remain permanently on the other side of the mirror and spare us from having to look at her face.Angry

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - Mrtrick - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 10:06 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 09:58 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: No one ever said Eve doesn't carry the guilt of the things that happened. Those events were tragic, but it's part of the reason why Hadrian's Wall took Juliette and reconditioned her into Eve. Her penance was as a soldier against encroaching dark forces. That penance will continue on as she supports team Grimm in it's struggle. What else can she do. Her intent was purpose over happiness and the foundation of that is the guilt she feels. The case is closed, I imagine, with the government likely shaping the narrative to obfuscate the Wesen element. And most of those Verratt are dead anyway. And how would her being in jail help anyone? She's got much more work to do on the outside.

If the only wesen punishment is murder and there is no accountable to anyone then I think the viewer should expect that nothing will improve for the future.

The Grimm is the Grimm and they will always serve that purpose. Mainly because there will always be villains and a justice system unequipped to deal with them. Where the change comes, is in Nick's interpretation of that function. His inclusiveness and outreach to Portland's Wesen community have made him a hero to them instead of the boogeyman of the past. So many of the crimes he investigated were Wesen on Wesen, where the victims had little recourse. Nick is, in a sense, part of the Wesen justice system. It may not be particularly structured, (though in twenty years, who can say), but Nick has been taking on more and more of the role of sheriff. What he's built with his family and team Grimm is a foundation that the Wesen community can lean on. And it's something that can live on beyond him. Change comes slowly, and if you think about it, the first six seasons were just chapter one. An origin of a new way of doing things. It'll only grow across those twenty years and beyond.

(04-04-2017, 09:23 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 09:22 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: It would be something Renard is the head of HW in Portland

With Eve by his side, that would be something to see.

The best Eve IS a dead one!

(04-04-2017, 10:08 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
Not after what he did to Meisner.

Renard did not do anything to Meisner. Meisner chose to work for HW and Renard chose to work for BC. Both men are adults that made their OWN choices! As in life, crap happens and you move on or die.

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - MarylikesGrimm - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 10:37 AM)Mrtrick Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 10:06 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

The Grimm is the Grimm and they will always serve that purpose. Mainly because there will always be villains and a justice system unequipped to deal with them. Where the change comes, is in Nick's interpretation of that function. His inclusiveness and outreach to Portland's Wesen community have made him a hero to them instead of the boogeyman of the past. So many of the crimes he investigated were Wesen on Wesen, where the victims had little recourse. Nick is, in a sense, part of the Wesen justice system. It may not be particularly structured, (though in twenty years, who can say), but Nick has been taking on more and more of the role of sheriff. What he's built with his family and team Grimm is a foundation that the Wesen community can lean on. And it's something that can live on beyond him. Change comes slowly, and if you think about it, the first six seasons were just chapter one. An origin of a new way of doing things. It'll only grow across those twenty years and beyond.

Without a council or some kind of wesen wide information system real lasting improvement would not happen. It would be great if one the kids creates a wesen/grimm newsletter/social media.

(04-04-2017, 10:21 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 09:58 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: No one ever said Eve doesn't carry the guilt of the things that happened.

No, the show says that itself. She was projecting her own actions onto a separate persona right to the bitter end, as we saw in "Where the Wild Things Were." Her dialogue wasn't, "I'll never forgive myself," but "I'll never forgive Juliette," as if Juliette was an entirely separate entity.

Quote:Those events were tragic, but it's part of the reason why Hadrian's Wall took Juliette and reconditioned her into Eve. Her penance was as a soldier against encroaching dark forces. That penance will continue on as she supports team Grimm in it's struggle.

There wasn't any damn penance. Check out the scene between Eve and Nick in "A Reptile Dysfunction." She's openly refusing to acknowledge Juliette's crimes as her own, and even goes as far as to tell Nick to "stop living in the past" right to his face. As if she ever saw her mother's decapitated head inside a box.

Quote:And how would her being in jail help anyone? She's got much more work to do on the outside.

If my children were hideously slain inside their own home, it would certainly help me. For better context, try to take this scene from "An American Werewolf in London" and substitute the Nazi-demons with the Verrat, and their victims with Nick's neighbors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0wShZqevLU

Now, imagine you're the father of those victims, and you come face-to-face with the woman responsible for their deaths. Only she claims she isn't responsible. She falls back on some wishy-washy metaphorical B.S. about how Juliette Silverton is dead, and she's a completely different person disassociated from those atrocities.

Juliette's friends may have forgiven "Eve" without ever hearing a true apology from her lips, but only because the writers ordered them to. To accept that logic is to accept hackneyed storytelling at its laziest.

P.R.E.A.C.H! Preach! Juliette should have remained dead at the end of s4 and the writers ticked me off by bringing her back as Eve. Monroe should have ripped out Juliette's throat or Rosalie could have done it. Nick should have never given Juliette the time of day when he found out she was alive and he STILL has no idea that she slept with his boss!

RE: What I would like to have seen at the END - irukandji - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 10:33 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: *Gross* on any level. Renard is way too much man for that incept twit.Angry

He was too much man for Adalind. Eve, on the other hand, was a match for him.