Grimm Forum
They jumped the shark... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: They jumped the shark... (/Thread-They-jumped-the-shark)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: They jumped the shark... - dicappatore - 12-14-2017

I hope you have included all your posts below with your complaint.

(12-12-2017, 06:56 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 12:07 AM)syscrash Wrote: Also why did they wait 20 years to make the entry in the book. Was it a story that Nick keep to himself. Was he not able to tell them that they had all died. He was afraid of their reactions of knowing if he had not won the fight they would all still be dead. He did not want them all feeling they owed him their lives.

I was reading some threads last night and came across this one. You raise some interesting thoughts here. For instance, I wondered why Kelly was the one to tell this story rather than Diana.

(12-13-2017, 10:50 AM)irukandji Wrote: I would have liked to have seen Diana writing in the book in the series finale. For one thing, that would solidify the idea that she and Nick had formed a very close bond.

(12-13-2017, 11:38 AM)irukandji Wrote: To me, this was an intense experience remembered by both Nick and Diana and no one else. So for Nick to finally decide he's going to document all of these experiences but only if it's in Kelly's hand just seems unfair to Diana, IMO.

(12-13-2017, 12:22 PM)irukandji Wrote: It would have had to have been Nick's decision to document the events from 20 years ago. Kelly had no knowledge of the events and Diana's knowledge was limited.

(12-13-2017, 02:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: Is a person a grimm simply by virtue of the physical characteristics, or can a person be a grimm by virtue of spirit? For example, it's apparent that Adalind is going on the wesen hunt along with the triplets, and Diana. None of those people are physically grimms. Yet the assumption is that they are performing the functions of a grimm, which is wiping out the evil wesen.

(12-13-2017, 04:09 PM)irukandji Wrote: The thing I was thinking about is that Nick is different as far as grimms go. In other words, he has a support group. They seem to share the same beliefs as he does and if the end is any indication, they go on hunts with him. I'm not saying he couldn't have been a grimm without them, but I think it would have been very different and in some ways, very difficult. So in essence, would they be grimms in spirit?

(12-13-2017, 09:55 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 03:26 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: It's clear that Nick told Kelly the story and he decided to write the story on his own.

There's nothing in the series making it clear that Kelly decided to tell the story on his own.

(12-13-2017, 03:26 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: None of that necessitates Diana writing in the book or diminishes her bond with Nick because Kelly wrote in it instead.

It was the one thing she and Nick shared personally. If anyone should tell the story, it should have been her, not Kelly.

(12-13-2017, 03:26 PM)henry of green Wrote: The runners of the Grimm wikisite asked one of the Grimm writers over grimm wiki twitter account if Kelly was a grimm at the end and they responded back saying only grimms can write in the Grimm books so off course Kelly is a grimm.

Wouldn't Nick be the one to say who can or cannot write in his books?

(12-13-2017, 08:45 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: It isn't about withholding something from Diana for any reason and as I wrote before, Diana clearly didn't take it personally that Kelly has/can write in those books as a bona-fide Grimm while she must be content to tag along for wesen hunts.

So as the bona-fide grimm, you're saying it would be up to Kelly and Nick to kill any wesen while the rest of the gang looks on?

(12-14-2017, 09:10 AM)irukandji Wrote: I believe we are talking about two different things then. I was not talking about grimms in general. I was referring to Nick and Kelly going out to kill wesen. That seems to be the case as Diana grabbed the staff. As Nick was the only one able to use the staff, it probably came down to the gang watching him kill wesen.

As for the books, I also believe we are talking about two separate things. Nick's books belong to Nick, and no one else.

RE: They jumped the shark... - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-14-2017

Kelly is writing the story into the book 20 years later, which tells us that for the past 20 years nobody put it into the book, at least not the way Kelly is telling it. That tells us that everybody who had access to the books and the ability or permission to write in them during those past 20 years either didn't fully believe in the story or didn't think it was anything of value to future generations of grimms that made it something to be recorded.

Whether Kelly decided on his own to do it, or it took him 20 years to convince his father to allow it, we can't say. But we do know that Nick isn't in the trailer with him while he's doing it.

(12-14-2017, 12:38 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Kelly is writing the story into the book 20 years later, which tells us that for the past 20 years nobody put it into the book, at least not the way Kelly is telling it. That tells us that everybody who had access to the books and the ability or permission to write in them during those past 20 years either didn't fully believe in the story or didn't think it was anything of value to future generations of grimms that made it something to be recorded.

Whether Kelly decided on his own to do it, or it took him 20 years to convince his father to allow it, we can't say. But we do know that Nick isn't in the trailer with him while he's doing it.

So, are you insinuating that Nick is no longer alive or he isn't living with Adalind, Kelly and Diana? What are you implying? Curious.

RE: They jumped the shark... - Henry of green - 12-14-2017

I don’t think he’s suggesting that he’s just stating Kelly could be writing in the books because he got nicks promisson to do so or he could be doing so on his own without nick knowing about it. Face, has stated in past posts that he thinks the dad in the epilogue is Nick.

(12-14-2017, 02:58 PM)Henry of green Wrote: I don’t think he’s suggesting that he’s just stating Kelly could be writing in the books because he got nick promisson to do so or he could be doing so of his own without nick knowing about it. Face, has stated in past post that he thinks the dad in the epilogue is Nick.

I thought so too. Just threw me off because of some previous posts by others.

RE: They jumped the shark... - irukandji - 12-14-2017

(12-14-2017, 12:38 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Kelly is writing the story into the book 20 years later, which tells us that for the past 20 years nobody put it into the book, at least not the way Kelly is telling it. That tells us that everybody who had access to the books and the ability or permission to write in them during those past 20 years either didn't fully believe in the story or didn't think it was anything of value to future generations of grimms that made it something to be recorded.

Or it could be like syscrash suggested, maybe Nick kept the story to himself because of the gang's reaction.

He obviously didn't keep it entirely to himself if Kelly knew it and could write it down.

(12-14-2017, 05:09 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: He obviously didn't keep it entirely to himself if Kelly knew it and could write it down.

True, Nick didn't keep it to himself. On the other hand, he waited a very long time to talk about it. I would have liked to have seen how he went about telling Kelly and the reason why he didn't write it down himself. I think there may be something to what syscrash mentioned earlier. Maybe Nick was afraid of telling the scoobies about witnessing their deaths.

We really have no idea when Nick told the story to Kelly. It could have been just before Kelly wrote it down, or he could have started telling it to him as a bedtime story when he was a kid. Just not enough information provided.

Somehow I don't see Nick being cruel enough to tell a child about the Zerstorer.