Grimm Forum
They jumped the shark... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: They jumped the shark... (/Thread-They-jumped-the-shark)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: They jumped the shark... - irukandji - 12-13-2017

The thing I was thinking about is that Nick is different as far as grimms go. In other words, he has a support group. They seem to share the same beliefs as he does and if the end is any indication, they go on hunts with him. I'm not saying he couldn't have been a grimm without them, but I think it would have been very different and in some ways, very difficult. So in essence, would they be grimms in spirit?

RE: They jumped the shark... - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-13-2017

Nick was so different from what wesen and other grimms expected of a grimm that he probably wasn't even a "grimm in spirit."

RE: They jumped the shark... - rpmaluki - 12-13-2017

Nick was already different to other Grimms before him by the way he treated most wesen. He was best friends with a blutbad and sleeping with and probably married to a hexenbiest, and has a another hexenbiest for a step-daughter and over the course of the show, him recording wesen kills in the books didn't lessen his bond with Monroe who helped him A LOT and it sure didn't lessen his bond with Diana just because the writers wanted Kelly, another Grimm to write in the booksto carry on his Grimm legacy as well as his father's by working with wesen just as Nick before him.

It isn't about withholding something from Diana for any reason and as I wrote before, Diana clearly didn't take it personally that Kelly has/can write in those books as a bona-fide Grimm while she must be content to tag along for wesen hunts. Nick never prevented Monroe or any of his friends from physically writing in the books. From time to time, they helped with making several entries but Nick always wrote in the journals and I don't doubt Kelly is the same with Diana. I think it's understood that the books are written by Grimms for the purpose of helping future Grimms therefore Nick's wesen friends and stepdaughter respect that "family tradition". It's like the lineage book only recording Grimms and excluding sightless siblings as it did with Nick's uncle. I think this was purposeful on the writers' part to show only Grimms writing in the books, even with Nick who was a progressive Grimm.

Maybe if writers made a habit if showing the black eyes in the presence of a wesen, it wouldn't be necessary to end the show with Kelly writing a journal entry but that wouldn't have worked. It would have been too random and pointless what the writers did was have Kelly draw a connected between the end scene of Nick in Monroe's living room and the 20 year gap. The journal entry is nothing more than a narrative tool that technically stuck by the established rules of only Grimms writing in books.

Diana isn't offended by Kelly writing in the books about Zerstörer or any other wesen for that matter. The books don't define her relationship with her brother nor with Nick. She is content as seen in her teasing Kelly and smiling as she closes the book in which Kelly had been writing. Oddly enough she is the last person we see on the show before the big "G" on the cover of a closed book, Nick was the first person we saw on the show before he got his sight and saw Adalind, Diana's hexenbiest mother. She may not be a Grimm physically writing the entries herself to leave to her future descendants like Nick and Kelly but she isn't lesser for it, she's a part of that Grimm legacy because it's her extended family's legacy and she gets to share in it however long she decides.

RE: They jumped the shark... - irukandji - 12-13-2017

(12-13-2017, 03:26 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: It's clear that Nick told Kelly the story and he decided to write the story on his own.

There's nothing in the series making it clear that Kelly decided to tell the story on his own.

(12-13-2017, 03:26 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: None of that necessitates Diana writing in the book or diminishes her bond with Nick because Kelly wrote in it instead.

It was the one thing she and Nick shared personally. If anyone should tell the story, it should have been her, not Kelly.

(12-13-2017, 03:26 PM)henry of green Wrote: The runners of the Grimm wikisite asked one of the Grimm writers over grimm wiki twitter account if Kelly was a grimm at the end and they responded back saying only grimms can write in the Grimm books so off course Kelly is a grimm.

Wouldn't Nick be the one to say who can or cannot write in his books?

(12-13-2017, 08:45 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: It isn't about withholding something from Diana for any reason and as I wrote before, Diana clearly didn't take it personally that Kelly has/can write in those books as a bona-fide Grimm while she must be content to tag along for wesen hunts.

So as the bona-fide grimm, you're saying it would be up to Kelly and Nick to kill any wesen while the rest of the gang looks on?

RE: They jumped the shark... - dicappatore - 12-13-2017

Here is, again, another attempt, to take an old thread, rehashed and changed the subject from the original thread that has no connection to the argument made where there is nothing to argue about. I wonder is later on these post, someone, “cough” (the same) will complain about “who skewed to thread”?

Most of the books were record keeping about various Wesen met by various Grimms and their experiences on how to dispose them. The Book that Kelly was writing in was the Book of Grimm Genealogy. Diana, not nor being a Grimm or offspring of one, makes her a non-part of that dynasty. She is the step-daughter of Nick, a Grimm, not a direct descendant. Why would anyone expect her to be the one to chronologically update a Grimm book is, again, WTF were they watching?

If the Grimm book only allowed Grimms to write in it, as someone else stated, maybe, Kelly just recently turned into a Grimm and now he is able to write in it. As I recall males get their Grimms to develop later than females, look at nick, he was in his mid-30’s. We have no clues that Kelly as a baby, had Grimm power as Diana had Hex powers at a young age.

Nick, to me, did not come across a guy that loved to “toot-his-own-horn” alla Sean Renard style. He was not a guy to brag. Once Kelly became of age (a Grimm) and was able to write in the book, he decided, what his dad did, was worth adding it to the genealogy, which, the "G" book had not much to do with Grimm exploits but more of Grimm hierarchy chronicles.

RE: They jumped the shark... - rpmaluki - 12-14-2017

(12-13-2017, 09:55 PM)irukandji Wrote: So as the bona-fide grimm, you're saying it would be up to Kelly and Nick to kill any wesen while the rest of the gang looks on?
I meant Grimm as in those men and women genetically-born-with-the-natural-ability-to-see-wesen-even-unintentionally. The books belong to those "humans" born with the "extra" sensory ability to see what is hidden, specifically, wesen as descibed on the show (eyes turning black as seen by wesen). The killing is what they do, not what makes them Grimm. Anyone can kill a wesen and that includes wesen, human, anyone. The killing alone doesn't make them a bona-fide Grimm.

(12-13-2017, 10:22 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Nick, to me, did not come across a guy that loved to “toot-his-own-horn” alla Sean Renard style. He was not a guy to brag. Once Kelly became of age (a Grimm) and was able to write in the book, he decided, what his dad did, was worth adding it to the genealogy, which, the "G" book had not much to do with Grimm exploits but more of Grimm hierarchy chronicles.
It may be even better to add the Zerstörer story in the Grimm Genealogy book because it was specifically Grimm working together and the belief that gave Nick (and Trubel) the strength within needed to beat Z without any outside assistance like potions and whatever else. This is what can and will benefit future Grimms in case some other evil incarnate being shows up and the can easily determine that only the "strength of One's (Grimm) blood" can defeat pure evil no matter how impossible the task.

RE: They jumped the shark... - dicappatore - 12-14-2017

(12-14-2017, 12:59 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 09:55 PM)irukandji Wrote: So as the bona-fide grimm, you're saying it would be up to Kelly and Nick to kill any wesen while the rest of the gang looks on?
I meant Grimm as in those men and women genetically-born-with-the-natural-ability-to-see-wesen-even-unintentionally. The books belong to those "humans" born with the "extra" sensory ability to see what is hidden, specifically, wesen as descibed on the show (eyes turning black as seen by wesen). The killing is what they do, not what makes them Grimm. Anyone can kill a wesen and that includes wesen, human, anyone. The killing alone doesn't make them a bona-fide Grimm.

(12-13-2017, 10:22 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Nick, to me, did not come across a guy that loved to “toot-his-own-horn” alla Sean Renard style. He was not a guy to brag. Once Kelly became of age (a Grimm) and was able to write in the book, he decided, what his dad did, was worth adding it to the genealogy, which, the "G" book had not much to do with Grimm exploits but more of Grimm hierarchy chronicles.
It may be even better to add the Zerstörer story in the Grimm Genealogy book because it was specifically Grimm working together and the belief that gave Nick (and Trubel) the strength within needed to beat Z without any outside assistance like potions and whatever else. This is what can and will benefit future Grimms in case some other evil incarnate being shows up and the can easily determine that only the "strength of One's (Grimm) blood" can defeat pure evil no matter how impossible the task.

rp, that is exactly what I meant by, “he decided it was worth adding it”. I am still trying to figure out WTF has “They jumped the shark” with Diana writing in the Grimm book? Grimms killing Wesen and some of the other post added to this thread after so many months. But I regress, I wasn’t doing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzNufNaVQo

while the show was on. I was actually watching it!

RE: They jumped the shark... - irukandji - 12-14-2017

I believe we are talking about two different things then. I was not talking about grimms in general. I was referring to Nick and Kelly going out to kill wesen. That seems to be the case as Diana grabbed the staff. As Nick was the only one able to use the staff, it probably came down to the gang watching him kill wesen.

As for the books, I also believe we are talking about two separate things. Nick's books belong to Nick, and no one else.

RE: They jumped the shark... - dicappatore - 12-14-2017

(12-14-2017, 09:10 AM)irukandji Wrote: I believe we are talking about two different things then. I was not talking about grimms in general. I was referring to Nick and Kelly going out to kill wesen. That seems to be the case as Diana grabbed the staff. As Nick was the only one able to use the staff, it probably came down to the gang watching him kill wesen.

As for the books, I also believe we are talking about two separate things. Nick's books belong to Nick, and no one else.

I went back and read all the post after the last April post. So actually, it is you who is talking about different things. First you questioned, why wasn’t Diana writing in the book? Then someone shut you down with the fact that Diana is not a Grimm, then you questioned, if she was out hunting Wesen with Grimms, was she a Grimm in spirit. What is the point on who, is writing what happened 20 years later? Why is it so important on why it is not Diana?

Yet, as I recall, maybe I am wrong on this. Wasn’t it also YOU, who claimed that when Diana says paraphrasing, “We have Wesen to kill, Mom and Dad are waiting” she was referring to Sean as her dad not Nick? Maybe you didn’t initiate the argument, maybe you did. Either way you added to another ridiculous baseless opinion.

You see, that’s the problem with liars, it’s hard to keep track of the lies and you end up stepping on your own toes.

RE: They jumped the shark... - irukandji - 12-14-2017

(12-14-2017, 11:59 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 09:10 AM)irukandji Wrote: I believe we are talking about two different things then. I was not talking about grimms in general. I was referring to Nick and Kelly going out to kill wesen. That seems to be the case as Diana grabbed the staff. As Nick was the only one able to use the staff, it probably came down to the gang watching him kill wesen.

I went back and read all the post after the last April post. So actually, it is you who is talking about different things. First you questioned, why wasn’t Diana writing in the book? Then someone shut you down with the fact that Diana is not a Grimm, then you questioned, if she was out hunting Wesen with Grimms, was she a Grimm in spirit. What is the point on who, is writing what happened 20 years later? Why is it so important on why it is not Diana?

Yet, as I recall, maybe I am wrong on this. Wasn’t it also YOU, who claimed that when Diana says paraphrasing, “We have Wesen to kill, Mom and Dad are waiting” she was referring to Sean as her dad not Nick? Maybe you didn’t initiate the argument, maybe you did. Either way you added to another ridiculous baseless opinion.

You see, that’s the problem with liars, it’s hard to keep track of the lies and you end up stepping on your own toes.

Just so you know............this post has been reported to the moderators.