Grimm Forum
They jumped the shark... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: They jumped the shark... (/Thread-They-jumped-the-shark)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: They jumped the shark... - eric - 12-13-2017

The original "jump the shark" was when The Fonz was on a jet ski, went up a ramp, and jumped over a shark. That was not the series finale, the show continued for a few more years, they did not know when to quit. When you have no new ideas just move on. Grimm did not jump, it tried to tie up all loose ends and turn off the lights. Twenty years is a long time. All the police characters probably are retired, some may have moved to a sunny, warmer climate. New cops could have been recruited into the gang. Renard could be retired, living on whatever money his mommy left(lets remember that the tax man got most of Catherine's estate). Nick and Hank might be running a company that specializes in helping police solve "unusual cases", they were known to be good at that. Monroe and Rosalee could have several stores throughout the Northwest, their friends Adeline and Eve could place spells on the competetion. Eve might have a good pension from her work at HW and be running an animal rescue shelter. Without a full season there is no way to know what happened, maybe a miniseries could help.

RE: They jumped the shark... - irukandji - 12-13-2017

I would have liked to have seen Diana writing in the book in the series finale. For one thing, that would solidify the idea that she and Nick had formed a very close bond.

RE: They jumped the shark... - rpmaluki - 12-13-2017

I'm sure the writers thought what she did and say in that scene including the little hug after killing Zerstörer was more than enough to show a growing bond between her and Nick.

To me, this was an intense experience remembered by both Nick and Diana and no one else. So for Nick to finally decide he's going to document all of these experiences but only if it's in Kelly's hand just seems unfair to Diana, IMO.

There's nothing that indicates it was Nick's decision who gets to write about Zerstörer. Those are Grimm books, nobody else has written in them except Grimms. That was established within the show from day one with Nick inheriting his aunt's trailer filled with his Grimm ancestors books and weapons. Diana’s already involved in Grimm work but she's a hexenbiest and not a descendant of Grimms. Just as Monroe and Rosalee helped Nick and yet never wrote in the books, it didn't make their contributions less significant. Diana didn't seem put off that Kelly got to record the Zestörer incident in the books.

It would have had to have been Nick's decision to document the events from 20 years ago. Kelly had no knowledge of the events and Diana's knowledge was limited.

I take that as you opinion and nothing more or closely resembling the characters depicted on the show, particularly Nick.

Is a person a grimm simply by virtue of the physical characteristics, or can a person be a grimm by virtue of spirit? For example, it's apparent that Adalind is going on the wesen hunt along with the triplets, and Diana. None of those people are physically grimms. Yet the assumption is that they are performing the functions of a grimm, which is wiping out the evil wesen.

RE: They jumped the shark... - Hell Rell - 12-13-2017

None of that necessitates Diana writing in the book or diminishes her bond with Nick because Kelly wrote in it instead. It's clear that Nick told Kelly the story and he decided to write the story on his own. I don't see how it lessens Diana especially since she got to handle the staff. That's a pretty big deal since Nick was the only other person we saw handling it and she is now entrusted with it completely.

I never got the impression that Nick made the mandate for Kelly to write the story. It makes much more sense for Nick to write the story himself if he felt like it needed to be written in the books.

RE: They jumped the shark... - FaceInTheCrowd - 12-13-2017

Trubel got called "grimm" even though she wasn't going around hunting wesen before she met Nick, and from all appearances wesen frequently hunted other wesen without be labeled as grimms, so I'd say it's having eyes that turn black in the presence of woge that defines someone as a grimm, at least to wesen.

WRT Kelly writing the story, there don't appear to be entries in the grimm reference books that go beyond, "hunted wesen, killed wesen, here's how to recognize and kill wesen." I imagine that Nick wrote that kind of abbreviated account for Z in one of the books and the more detailed story that a lot of people seemed not to believe entirely remained an oral-only family story until Kelly finally decided it should be written down.