Grimm Forum
They jumped the shark... - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: They jumped the shark... (/Thread-They-jumped-the-shark)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

They jumped the shark... - Purple Grimm - 03-31-2017

But it was awesome!

and the future looks bright... Cool

RE: They jumped the shark... - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-31-2017

Series finales almost always jump the shark in some way or another. It appears that G&K set out to leap over an entire school of them, and then go look for some orcas to annoy as well.

I actually got the kind of ending I prefer. No massive life-changing events, everyone in place for more adventures.

RE: They jumped the shark... - syscrash - 04-01-2017

In a way it is sad the others will not know the sacrifice each one made. Everyone of them put aside all prior disagreements and pulled together. Nick and Diana are the only ones that have to live with the memory of seeing everyone dead. Here is an interesting thought. Nick was emotional reprieved to see everyone alive. Diana had no reaction other then the fact that they did not die. But Diana has always had to type of outlook on death.

Also why did they wait 20 years to make the entry in the book. Was it a story that Nick keep to himself. Was he not able to tell them that they had all died. He was afraid of their reactions of knowing if he had not won the fight they would all still be dead. He did not want them all feeling they owed him their lives.

RE: They jumped the shark... - eric - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 12:07 AM)syscrash Wrote: In a way it is sad the others will not know the sacrifice each one made. Everyone of them put aside all prior disagreements and pulled together. Nick and Diana are the only ones that have to live with the memory of seeing everyone dead. Here is an interesting thought. Nick was emotional reprieved to see everyone alive. Diana had no reaction other then the fact that they did not die. But Diana has always had to type of outlook on death.

Also why did they wait 20 years to make the entry in the book. Was it a story that Nick keep to himself. Was he not able to tell them that they had all died. He was afraid of their reactions of knowing if he had not won the fight they would all still be dead. He did not want them all feeling they owed him their lives.
Maybe one of them had passed recently and Nick and Diana had finally revealed everything. Maybe Nick was the one who died and revealed everything on his death bed. As a Grimm(full or part) Kelly was the only one who could write the story in the book. No other stories had non-Grimm authors.

RE: They jumped the shark... - Kathryn Wooten - 04-01-2017

so really they left you guessing about Diana's phrase..Mom and Dad are waiting for us

If I am not mistake Nick would been in his 50's, Renard looked like early 40's so he would been between late 50's early 60's, Adalind early 50's unless Sean or Nick died on a line of duty the phrase was out of place ....Diana IMO Is more mature and would calledl Sean dad..kind've childish to call him daddy in her 20's..I started calling my daddy... dad when I was in Jr High

RE: They jumped the shark... - Mrtrick - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 07:50 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: so really they left you guessing about Diana's phrase..Mom and Dad are waiting for us

If I am not mistake Nick would been in his 50's, Renard looked like early 40's so he would been between late 50's early 60's, Adalind early 50's unless Sean or Nick died on a line of duty the phrase was out of place ....Diana IMO Is more mature and would calledl Sean dad..kind've childish to call him daddy in her 20's..I started calling my daddy... dad when I was in Jr High

Diana is speaking to Kelly when she says this, so it's unlikely she's speaking about Renard (whom I'm sure she also calls Dad). Nick has been her step father for twenty years, and I'm certain a very loving one at that, so it's not really a stretch to think she would consider him her father as much as Sean. It's also clear that they've both been raised in the Grimm tradition. This was never Renard's fight, so it's highly unlikely he participates in Grimm affairs on a regular basis. It's really sort of sweet that Diana would call Nick Dad. It's speaks to the happiness of their upbringing.

RE: They jumped the shark... - syscrash - 04-01-2017

You may think it is sweet but it does not work that way. Dads are possessive just like mothers are. having your child call another man dad has a way of making you feel you are not seen as the father. Especially if the mother is with someone else. Take my wife but you will never take my child.

I do not see why people thank Sean is not involved in wesen affairs. From the moment Sean decided to give Nick the key back he put himself in the middle of wesen affairs. Does he go int he field, no. but he coordinates each case and figures how it needs to be handled so there will not be any problems.
That is why when Diana says mom and dad are waiting. It sounded like they need to check in. and get instructions. If it was Nick they would have meet at the trailer looked at the books and figured out what to do. Sean never figured out how to do it. He just wanted to know what they where going to do or what they did.

RE: They jumped the shark... - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-01-2017

In families where exes are involved, if moms and dads want things to work out, they do whatever helps the kids feel comfortable. If Diana tells Adalind that that Nick's mom was her "other Mommy," even though Kelly Burkhardt ran off with her daughter, Adalind will smile and say, "yes, honey, she was." If Kelly starts calling Sean "Uncle Sean," Nick won't object. And if Diana one day smiles and tells Sean, "now that Mommy and Nick are married Nick is my other Daddy," Sean will smile and say, "that's great." He may not actually like it, but he'll keep that to himself. Especially if he wants to gain acceptance from the extended scooby family.

RE: They jumped the shark... - rpmaluki - 04-01-2017

In agents of Shield, when it was discovered the director lied about his "credentials", the former director took back the position privately while the other guy remained the "face" of the organisation to the public without having any real authority. However, the former director didn't strip him completely of his power. So the fake director can still give orders even though he's truly second in the pecking order,that can be overridden without question. the relationship between the two directors is almost the same as the relationship between Nick and Renard.

Sean is a figurehead, he's a person in authority but when it comes to Grimm/wesen relations, Nick has the true authority on what to do. Whether it's to kill, or arrest. Sean's authority stretches only as far as running a police precinct and making sure everything's above board. He's not Nick's boss outside of the precinct. Nick doesn't take grimm/wesen related orders from him. Sean almost always follows Nick's direction by making sure nobody suspects what's actually happening in Portland. They work together as allies and that's it. Nick is full fledge grimm, being a cop is now a cover, a facade he wears to hide his real job, where before he was more of a cop and less a grimm.

RE: They jumped the shark... - brandon - 04-01-2017

And if you do not want to see another girlfriend of yours dead -Sean-.Teach him to accept that