Grimm Forum
The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 (/Thread-The-Extreme-Grimm-Rewatch-Season-3)

The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 - wfmyers1207 - 03-10-2017

Ha! Fooled you guys! I'm not posting until tomorrow! So, nyaahh!Tongue

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 - jsgrimm45 - 03-10-2017

Well I can't wait until tomorrow. Big GrinBig Grin Season 3 got to the point of Grimm. Nick and Hank are working together, the zombie episodes setup that Grimm's don't react to things the same way as others. We got Trubel and Diana and for a time they set up Juliette as a co Grimm.

The episode I liked best was Krampus, this was because of Bud. A very close second was the episode with Trubel. They did a good job of bring in Monroe's family and the Grimm. Really liked the dinner scene after the fight.

This season had so many good WOTW episodes hard to find a bad one. More later, sorry can't find a bad one.

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 - wfmyers1207 - 03-11-2017

Alright, here we go. Smile

Favorite Episode:
"The Twelve Days of Krampus" That was one of my favorite Christmas episodes of any show I've ever seen in my life! Big Grin
@speakesy, yes I know that "Nobody Knows The Truble I've Seen" (No. 2 by the way.) introduced Jacqueline Toboni, the love of my life and holder of several restraining orders! Heart But, to borrow from the kid from "The Incredibles" again, when it came to Krampus: "That was totally wicked!!" Tongue

Favorite Wesen:

See above. With a head nod and honorable mention to El Cucuy. That old girl was bad to bone. Smile

Least Favorite Wesen:
The naiads from "One Night Stand". Lame varmints.

Character I Miss The Most:
Pilar; I would have really liked to have learned more of the backstory there. My old partner Starfury and I speculated about her. Our conclusion; Pilar was a "white witch" who knew a lot more than she was saying. Dodgy

Story Line I Wished They Had Followed:

Pilars'. I realize that Rosalee basically became "team mom" for the crew, but I think it would have been interesting if Pilar had filled that role. The actress, Bertila Damas, was brilliant. She practically exuded calm, wisdom, and motherliness. Smile

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 - speakeasy - 03-12-2017

(03-11-2017, 11:09 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Alright, here we go. Smile

Favorite Episode:
"The Twelve Days of Krampus" That was one of my favorite Christmas episodes of any show I've ever seen in my life! Big Grin
@speakesy, yes I know that "Nobody Knows The Truble I've Seen" (No. 2 by the way.) introduced Jacqueline Toboni, the love of my life and holder of several restraining orders! Heart But, to borrow from the kid from "The Incredibles" again, when it came to Krampus: "That was totally wicked!!" Tongue

Favorite Wesen:

See above. With a head nod and honorable mention to El Cucuy. That old girl was bad to bone. Smile

Least Favorite Wesen:
The naiads from "One Night Stand". Lame varmints.

Character I Miss The Most:
Pilar; I would have really liked to have learned more of the backstory there. My old partner Starfury and I speculated about her. Our conclusion; Pilar was a "white witch" who knew a lot more than she was saying. Dodgy

Story Line I Wished They Had Followed:

Pilars'. I realize that Rosalee basically became "team mom" for the crew, but I think it would have been interesting if Pilar had filled that role. The actress, Bertila Damas, was brilliant. She practically exuded calm, wisdom, and motherliness. Smile

'1207 (both 12 and 7 are lucky numbers, btw, maybe you'll run into Jacqueline yet!), you're making me nostalgic for Season Three. I'm on a waiting list at my library since I loaned out my own DVD's, and will catch up soon.

But I must have been channeling you as I was watching my t.v. this morning, since something triggered a question about Juliett's ethnic background. And your comments about the season are peppered with references to that subject. Great minds think alike is a bit overused, but it fits this occasion, imo, haha.

Trubel was so cute when she first appeared on Grimm, but she is one of the few characters that has evolved and matured during the run of the show, in my view. She is now a serious, capable and concerned Grimm. She has left behind her suspicion of the world and I think that it's strictly the influence that Nick has had upon her life. She's a hero now, not just a wild kid who ran headlong into danger, which makes her a more serious threat to the bad guys - and the gang is going to need her help in the end days.

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 - silver - 06-25-2017

,,,Better late than never, I say.

Omg, my favorite from S3 is El Cucuy.
The old lady is sooo impish! And so slashy!
Maybe should make a poll thread about the most bloody/violent Grimm story. like wow. How she had them all over a barrel in the end.
M-hm.

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 - dicappatore - 06-25-2017

(03-12-2017, 08:38 AM)speakeasy Wrote: But I must have been channeling you as I was watching my t.v. this morning, since something triggered a question about Juliett's ethnic background. And your comments about the season are peppered with references to that subject. Great minds think alike is a bit overused, but it fits this occasion, imo, haha.

I have a strong feeling that the Juliette character’s background was written similar in line with the actual background of the actress Elizabeth “Bitsie” Tulloch. I wish someone would know why? Or was it ever revealed by the writers?

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 - brandon - 06-25-2017

They-writers- will have asked, of course.
With respect to the others actors I have read:Silas W. M.told them how they spoke in german- he also knew about issues and that is why Monroe so talk as an encyclopedia. Sasha R.know russian and french- idioms-. Elizabeth knows of spanish because she lived a time in Paraguay and Argentina.
Giuntoli know finance. I do not know if know german for his friend- Buddymoon-.

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 - speakeasy - 06-26-2017

(06-25-2017, 05:06 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 08:38 AM)speakeasy Wrote: But I must have been channeling you as I was watching my t.v. this morning, since something triggered a question about Juliett's ethnic background. And your comments about the season are peppered with references to that subject. Great minds think alike is a bit overused, but it fits this occasion, imo, haha.

I have a strong feeling that the Juliette character’s background was written similar in line with the actual background of the actress Elizabeth “Bitsie” Tulloch. I wish someone would know why? Or was it ever revealed by the writers?

Bitsie looks somewhat Latino, but the fact that she speaks such perfect Spanish is a clue to her background, if not her ethnicity, imo. I've never come across anything Bitsie said, or was written, about her actual upbringing; but it makes sense her character would incorporate her specific talents such as speaking Spanish. Pls. keep us updated if you find out anything more!

RE: The Extreme Grimm Rewatch: Season 3 - dicappatore - 06-26-2017

(06-26-2017, 02:50 PM)speakeasy Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 05:06 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

Bitsie looks somewhat Latino, but the fact that she speaks such perfect Spanish is a clue to her background, if not her ethnicity, imo. I've never come across anything Bitsie said, or was written, about her actual upbringing; but it makes sense her character would incorporate her specific talents such as speaking Spanish. Pls. keep us updated if you find out anything more!
This is whats posted on her IMDb page

Elizabeth Tulloch was born on January 19, 1981 in San Diego, California, USA. She is known for her work on Grimm (2011), The Artist (2011) and Concussion (2015). Graduate of Harvard University with a double-major in Literature and Fine Arts.

Was born in San Diego, to American parents, but grew up in Spain, Uruguay, and Argentina, because of her father's job. She has English, Scottish, Spanish, and Mexican ancestry.

First name is Elizabeth. Worked professionally for roughly the first 15 years of her acting career using the name Bitsie Tulloch.

Active representative of Corazon de Vida Foundation, visiting orphanages in Tijuana; she also volunteers with the elderly at nursing homes in Los Angeles.
She is fluent in Spanish.