Grimm Forum
Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” (/Thread-Uncomfortable-Truths-are-Exposed-in-%E2%80%9CThe-Son-Also-Rises%E2%80%9D)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - irukandji - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 06:39 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 06:26 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 06:21 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 05:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 05:55 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Remember....the reason she could not pass Diana off as Viktor..because Eric told her that Viktor was sterile...so if he knew that, than Viktor could not get away of passing Kelly as his..because the family knew he could not have kids.

But from what I recall, Adalind was looking for Viktor and was going to try and pass Kelly off as his. Had things worked out for her, she would have remained with the royals. She never would have gone to Nick.

Adalind never thought she could pass baby Kelly as a royal. In fact she talked about that with the Stefania Vaduva Popescu who tested her during Diana's pregnancy for royal blood. Adalind was looking for a short gap solution so she had time to find a way to leave the royals who she knew had wanted to her kill her.

I can't say what she thought or didn't think. What I can say is she was trying to pass her pregnancy off as a royal one.

Adalind knew she could not pass baby Kelly as a royal.

Adalind Schade.
Your family has deep roots here, Adalind Schade. I am Stefania Vaduva Popescu, and our roots run even deeper. I'm honored to meet you. Let us talk. Welcome to my home! These are my sons... Dragomir, Lucian. Nice to meet you. They don't speak English very well. To establish the true value of a child, one must establish the bloodline.
We understand. Mm. I can tell you that. Yes. You can say anything.
But there is only one way to be sure.
And what is that? Blood of the child.
What are you doing? No! Stop! [Whimpering]
Standard procedure. Which, unfortunately, you have to be awake for. No, no, no!
Good news. She didn't lie. Now we don't have to kill her. The blood is royal.
I told you that before.
Yes, but the word of a hexenbiest... even a former one... is cheap. Blood is strong.

Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14649

I'm not talking about whether she could or could not pass off Kelly as a royal. What I am saying is she was going to try.

*If* she succeeded, she would have never communicated to Nick that Kelly was his.

(02-23-2017, 06:02 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 05:40 AM)irukandji Wrote: Actually, Juliette left the royals.

Do you think Viktor asked Juliette not to go on the helicopter so they would not have to kill her along with the king? Juliette also might have sensed the danger too.

This is a very good question. If a deal was struck with HW, then HW may have specifically asked that Juliette not be killed.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - rpmaluki - 02-23-2017

She would have tried but she wouldn't have succeeded because of the royal blood test. She passed the first test fine but she'd never pass the second. She was claiming he was Viktor's to buy herself time, not because she was being serious about her claim.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - MarylikesGrimm - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 06:51 AM)brandon Wrote: She had not returned to Austria.

The royals could have paternity testing done during the pregnancy easily. After birth the test is like $20 and it is as easy to buy and use so no one has to go to court if they have access to the child.

Comparing Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Tests Between Companies
Test Features Prenatal Genetics Center DDC
Down payment to start DNA testing. $200 $795
Total test price for the non-invasive prenatal paternity test. $990 $1,625

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Grimmbiest11 - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 07:02 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: She would have tried but she wouldn't have succeeded because of the royal blood test. She passed the first test fine but she'd never pass the second. She was claiming he was Viktor's to buy herself time, not because she was being serious about her claim.

I thought so too, it was a spur of the moment think on your feet things. She wanted to take the heat off her and stay long enough to get her child back. I doubt if she was gonna stick around long enough for a DNA. The royals were not stupid, they would insist on a test.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - jsgrimm45 - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 06:59 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 06:39 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 06:26 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 06:21 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 05:59 AM)irukandji Wrote: But from what I recall, Adalind was looking for Viktor and was going to try and pass Kelly off as his. Had things worked out for her, she would have remained with the royals. She never would have gone to Nick.

Adalind never thought she could pass baby Kelly as a royal. In fact she talked about that with the Stefania Vaduva Popescu who tested her during Diana's pregnancy for royal blood. Adalind was looking for a short gap solution so she had time to find a way to leave the royals who she knew had wanted to her kill her.

I can't say what she thought or didn't think. What I can say is she was trying to pass her pregnancy off as a royal one.

Adalind knew she could not pass baby Kelly as a royal.

Adalind Schade.
Your family has deep roots here, Adalind Schade. I am Stefania Vaduva Popescu, and our roots run even deeper. I'm honored to meet you. Let us talk. Welcome to my home! These are my sons... Dragomir, Lucian. Nice to meet you. They don't speak English very well. To establish the true value of a child, one must establish the bloodline.
We understand. Mm. I can tell you that. Yes. You can say anything.
But there is only one way to be sure.
And what is that? Blood of the child.
What are you doing? No! Stop! [Whimpering]
Standard procedure. Which, unfortunately, you have to be awake for. No, no, no!
Good news. She didn't lie. Now we don't have to kill her. The blood is royal.
I told you that before.
Yes, but the word of a hexenbiest... even a former one... is cheap. Blood is strong.

Read more at: http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=14649

I'm not talking about whether she could or could not pass off Kelly as a royal. What I am saying is she was going to try.

*If* she succeeded, she would have never communicated to Nick that Kelly was his.

(02-23-2017, 06:02 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 05:40 AM)irukandji Wrote: Actually, Juliette left the royals.

Do you think Viktor asked Juliette not to go on the helicopter so they would not have to kill her along with the king? Juliette also might have sensed the danger too.

This is a very good question. If a deal was struck with HW, then HW may have specifically asked that Juliette not be killed.
Another thought the King sent her back or Juliette wanted to make sure Nick was out of the picture also. Now the King IMO is the most likely as Kenneth didn't return so the King figured Nick had won, so now it was time for the big gun Juliette to get his payback.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Hexenadler - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 12:24 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: I guess they're still grieving and in confusion about why their loved ones were killed in a senseless manner. Probably she puts flowers on their graves from time to time.

If it was one of my relatives, I definitely wouldn't accept flowers being put on their damn graves. Let's face it, Juliette deserves (at the very least) five years of jail time inside a federal penitentiary for being an accessory to murder. But I know the writers will never acknowledge that.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Robyn - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 05:30 AM)irukandji Wrote: Why would Juliette's actions with regard to the royals be any different than Adalind's? There is no doubt in my mind that Juliette and the royals made a contract: Her help obtaining Diana in exchange for money and a way to escape.

I can't tell you the number of times I have read where Adalind was dumbed down and called a pawn simply because posters wanted to get her off the hook. She was working for Sean so it's really not her fault. It wasn't intentional. It was Sean's call.
I’ve not blamed Renard for Adalind’s actions, but have questioned the other characters accepting Renard without reservations knowing that he was the mastermind behind Marie’s assassination attempt and the spell that almost killed Hank.

Adalind did the spell on Juliette to get revenge on Nick. Juliette helped the Royals take Diana to get revenge on Adalind. Both women acted with purpose and malice. No one’s responsible for their actions except themselves.

They were educated women with well paying careers, which enabled them to get away from dangerous and unhealthy environments and relationships. Neither chose to do so before it was too late to make a difference in their lives.

(02-23-2017, 02:21 AM)syscrash Wrote: It does make Adalind completely responsible. without Adalind the Roayls would not have known to look for Kelly. Without Adadlind the Royals would not have had any use for Juliette. Had Juliette not been a hexenbiest it would have been Adalind that brought Juliette to the royals. If it had not been for Adalind the Royals would not have even known it was Juliette they could use to get to Kelly.

Her is the difference without Adalind none of this would have happened. Without Juliette it still would have happened.

As for playing an active part. Juliette only provided information. Adalind actually went to Juliette's house and used violence to try and complete the mission. If Adalind had not been pregnant with Nick's kid. Juliette would never have worked with the Royals.
You’re blaming a character you don’t like for the actions of a character you like, and completely disregarding intent - and you argue quite often that it’s always about intent.

Juliette intended to hurt Adalind one way or another for revenge. What Adalind did or didn’t do to get her daughter back is irrelevant. Juliette’s decisions and actions were based on her intent. To dismiss Juliette’s intent is like saying that since Nick was in the room and prevented Adalind from actually killing Marie she must not have intended to. Whether Adalind succeeded or not is irrelevant, she intended to kill Marie. Whether Juliette succeeded or not in helping the Royals take Diane, she intended to use the child, even risk the child's life, just to get revenge.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Nickster - 02-23-2017

Everything the above poster said is true.

Both women acted out of revenge and both are responsible for their own actions.

To argue otherwise is pointless.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - irukandji - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 03:21 PM)Robyn Wrote: I’ve not blamed Renard for Adalind’s actions, but have questioned the other characters accepting Renard without reservations knowing that he was the mastermind behind Marie’s assassination attempt and the spell that almost killed Hank.

Adalind did the spell on Juliette to get revenge on Nick. Juliette helped the Royals take Diana to get revenge on Adalind. Both women acted with purpose and malice. No one’s responsible for their actions except themselves.

They were educated women with well paying careers, which enabled them to get away from dangerous and unhealthy environments and relationships. Neither chose to do so before it was too late to make a difference in their lives.

I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone directly, Robyn. I just brought up Adalind because I have read an argument, which has been presented on more than several occasions, somewhat exonerating Adalind and calling her a pawn for doing what she was told.

I can't hold Adalind over Juliette/Eve or Eve/Juliette over Adalind and argue which one's actions were worse. They were both despicable. I'm not letting Renard off the hook here, he's a scumbag.

However, there is something so lowlife about women doing a man's dirty work when they have no actionable reason (such as revenge) to be there in the first place.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - brandon - 02-23-2017

For what I say is that: Adalind or Nick is not responsible for the actions of Juliette"Hexenbiest".