Grimm Forum
Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” (/Thread-Uncomfortable-Truths-are-Exposed-in-%E2%80%9CThe-Son-Also-Rises%E2%80%9D)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - rpmaluki - 02-23-2017

^^^ I know you want to absolve Juliette but that argument is pretty weak. Juliette played an active part in the murder of her neighbors and eventually Kelly, Adalind had nothing to do with that. Coming back to Portland to try and find her daughter doesn't remotely make her an accomplice to what happened that night, that was all Kenneth and Juliette.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - syscrash - 02-23-2017

It does make Adalind completely responsible. without Adalind the Roayls would not have known to look for Kelly. Without Adadlind the Royals would not have had any use for Juliette. Had Juliette not been a hexenbiest it would have been Adalind that brought Juliette to the royals. If it had not been for Adalind the Royals would not have even known it was Juliette they could use to get to Kelly.

Her is the difference without Adalind none of this would have happened. Without Juliette it still would have happened.

As for playing an active part. Juliette only provided information. Adalind actually went to Juliette's house and used violence to try and complete the mission. If Adalind had not been pregnant with Nick's kid. Juliette would never have worked with the Royals.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - rpmaluki - 02-23-2017

With that kind of reasoning, you may as well blame everyone on the show because their actions had a domino effect on what happened that night. However, culpability still lies heavily with Kenneth and Juliette.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - syscrash - 02-23-2017

NO you can't blame the others. remove any of the group the event would have stilled happen. Adalind is the only one that made it possible. Adalind is the only one that if removed nothing would have happened. Her actions where not a domino effect. Her actions where a direct cause. Even the Royals it was shown remove Viktor Kenneth took his place. Remove Kenneth someone else would have took his places.
Either Nick or Juliette could contact Kelly. so remove one you have the other that could have made contact.

No matter how you look at it Adalind is the central point that without her nothing happens. Without Adalind the Royals are looking for the resistance. Even the Royals did not know Kelly was alive till Adalind told them.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - MarylikesGrimm - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 02:21 AM)syscrash Wrote: It does make Adalind completely responsible. without Adalind the Roayls would not have known to look for Kelly. Without Adadlind the Royals would not have had any use for Juliette. Had Juliette not been a hexenbiest it would have been Adalind that brought Juliette to the royals. If it had not been for Adalind the Royals would not have even known it was Juliette they could use to get to Kelly.

Her is the difference without Adalind none of this would have happened. Without Juliette it still would have happened.

As for playing an active part. Juliette only provided information. Adalind actually went to Juliette's house and used violence to try and complete the mission. If Adalind had not been pregnant with Nick's kid. Juliette would never have worked with the Royals.

IMO Sean Renard is the main person in control here since she gave his daughter away in season 3 to season 4. He lied to Adalind about who had Diana. He could have told her the resistance had her instead of the royals and when things calmed down she could have her daughter again. Instead, he told the scooby gang to go along with the lie.

Adalind never would have called Viktor or listen to him and have taken Nick's powers and Juliette never would be a hexenbiest if Sean had not lied to Adalind IMO it was not needed. In Europe, they had tortured Adalind to give them any information and Viktor was able to guess that mama Kelly has the child based solely on the relationship between mama Kelly and Nick and mama Kelly's comment in the police station. Adalind had no idea mama Kelly had her daughter.

Adalind went to Sean in the car In Bad Luck because she wanted to be with Sean and not the royals and was willings to takes risks to work with Sean and wanted to be a good mother. Again, Sean betrayed Diana and Adalind. Instead when Juliette told Sean she wanted to kill Adalind, he said was a good idea and gave Juliette the address again showing how little he cared about his daughter. Ken did not trust Adalind because she did not want Diana's father, Sean to die. Adalind kept believing in Sean over and over because she did not want to believe he was a bad dad and IMO that was Adalind biggest crime after losing Diana. In fact, she made the same mistake at the end of season 5.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - irukandji - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 02:47 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: With that kind of reasoning, you may as well blame everyone on the show because their actions had a domino effect on what happened that night. However, culpability still lies heavily with Kenneth and Juliette.

Why would Juliette's actions with regard to the royals be any different than Adalind's? There is no doubt in my mind that Juliette and the royals made a contract: Her help obtaining Diana in exchange for money and a way to escape.

I can't tell you the number of times I have read where Adalind was dumbed down and called a pawn simply because posters wanted to get her off the hook. She was working for Sean so it's really not her fault. It wasn't intentional. It was Sean's call.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - MarylikesGrimm - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 05:30 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 02:47 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: With that kind of reasoning, you may as well blame everyone on the show because their actions had a domino effect on what happened that night. However, culpability still lies heavily with Kenneth and Juliette.

Why would Juliette's actions with regard to the royals be any different than Adalind's? There is no doubt in my mind that Juliette and the royals made a contract: Her services in obtaining Diana in exchange for money and a way to escape.

I can't tell you the number of times I have read where Adalind was exonerated because she was working for Sean. She was a pawn, none of it was her doing.

If that is the case, what makes Juliette so different? She was working for the royals.

I agree that at some point both Adalind and Juliette were working for the royals and that they should be blame equally for that. Adalind was trying to leave them after losing Diana and was rejected while Juliette had to be shot and taken by HW to stop her. Adalind in season 2 working for the royals before getting pregnant was like late season 4 Juliette.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - irukandji - 02-23-2017

Actually, Juliette left the royals. I theorize that Adalind would have remained with them, if she could have gotten Viktor to accept Kelly as his own.

(02-23-2017, 05:40 AM)irukandji Wrote: Actually, Juliette left the royals. I theorize that Adalind would have remained with them, if she could have gotten Viktor to accept Kelly as his own.

Juliette not leaving for Europe in my mind does not show she left the royals. IMO it meant to me she wanted to hurt Nick first.

Once Adalind lost the fight to Juliette which in my mind was good experience for her she was trying to leave the royals. She meet with Sean in the car trying to leave the royals including Viktor because she know they were going to kill her before she knew was pregnant with Kelly. She had already no intention of staying with them and that is why Ken never trusted her because Adalind was no longer native. Many posters wanted Nick to reject baby Kelly despite that the fact he was the father. The royals showed only negative reactions to Adalind's new pregnancy.

(02-23-2017, 05:53 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 05:40 AM)irukandji Wrote: Actually, Juliette left the royals. I theorize that Adalind would have remained with them, if she could have gotten Viktor to accept Kelly as his own.

Juliette not leaving for Europe in my mind does not show she left the royals. IMO it meant to me she wanted to hurt Nick first.

Once Adalind lost the fight to Juliette which in my mind was good experience for her she was trying to leave the royals. She meet with Sean in the car trying to leave the royals including Viktor because she know they were going to kill her before she knew was pregnant with Kelly. She had already no intention of staying with them and that is why Ken never trusted her because Adalind was no longer native. Many posters wanted Nick to reject baby Kelly despite that the fact he was the father. The royals showed only negative reactions to Adalind's new pregnancy.

Well, we just see it differently.