Grimm Forum
Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” (/Thread-Uncomfortable-Truths-are-Exposed-in-%E2%80%9CThe-Son-Also-Rises%E2%80%9D)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - brandon - 02-22-2017

The Wolf after the pigs. The cat after the mice. In the case of "Hexenbiest" is why if they would feel annoyed they could cast a spell. The tradition of the bears would also be based on survival. It was a test if they were able to live alone. As happens in nature.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - irukandji - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 03:03 PM)Robyn Wrote: I was thinking about this the other day, and only recall Adalind saying it the night before Germany, and telling Wu to tell Nick. Bringing Wu into it might have been Adalind considering the possibility she might not see Nick again. Or it might just be wacky Adalind. Who knows.

The reason I was thinking about it is that Adalind hasn’t said it since returning to the loft. Happy to be back at the loft, but that’s about it. Maybe she’s decided the L word won’t come up again unless Nick brings it up.

I know she wrote she loved him in the note when she left with Kelly. I also thought she told Nick she loved him when he came to the mansion, but I could be wrong there.

However, I don't recall her telling Nick in the hotel that she loved him or saying she loved him since she's returned to the fome.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - syscrash - 02-22-2017

It did surprise me that they did not say they loved each other while at the hotel. They seemed to be in a romantic mood. Nick acts like he is really into Adalind. But then I compare it to Nick and Juliette. They not only said I love you to each other. They kissed much more then Nick and Adalind do. It makes me wonder if Nick and Adalind is really the end game. or is it just to cause a difference in the Nick and Eve relationship. Without Adalind people would then be complaining why Nick and Eve are not romantic. or they would complain how could they be romantic after season 4. This way the show can have them work together without all the questions.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - izzy - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 02:17 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: There are people here who still don't believe Nick and Juliette were really in love with each other no matter how many times they said it.

I am one of those people. What people do you know who behave they way they did who claim they are in love? From the get go, based on the actresses portrayal of the character, I found it hard to believe Juliette really wanted to be in this relationship so much as she was simply playing out a hand in game she wished she never started. That is how I came up with the Juliette was slumming theory as at least it explained the character as it was being portrayed (at the time I did not realize may have been a limitation of the actress, now I am open to the idea that the actress simply could not portray a realistic girlfriend).

In Nick's case I have not seen anything that makes me believe he is anything but either a narcissist or suffers from Asperger's syndrome. The latter seems to be a great fit.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - rpmaluki - 02-22-2017

I for one never believed she loved Nick. They were living together, telling each other every day that they loved each other but I never bought it for one second.I was being told, not shown that those two loved each other and it wasn't because I thought Bitsie was a bad actress. I felt Juliette wasn't into Nick as she claimed, him becoming a Grimm antagonized her and her place in his life.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Hell Rell - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 09:07 PM)izzy Wrote: [quote='Hell Rell' pid='46826' dateline='1487798246']

I am one of those people. What people do you know who behave they way they did who claim they are in love? From the get go, based on the actresses portrayal of the character, I found it hard to believe Juliette really wanted to be in this relationship so much as she was simply playing out a hand in game she wished she never started. That is how I came up with the Juliette was slumming theory as at least it explained the character as it was being portrayed (at the time I did not realize may have been a limitation of the actress, now I am open to the idea that the actress simply could not portray a realistic girlfriend).

In Nick's case I have not seen anything that makes me believe he is anything but either a narcissist or suffers from Asperger's syndrome. The latter seems to be a great fit.

I made the point of people not believing Nick and Juliette were in love despite how many times they said it to compare it with what's going on with Adalind. I'm wondering why they keep bringing up that he hasn't told Adalind he loves her if it really won't make any difference how they think he feels about her if he did. I'm making the assumption that Nick saying the magic words shouldn't make one bit of difference on just how much he's into her if Nick and Juliette saying them to each other wasn't convincing.

People either think Nick loves Adalind or he doesn't. Whether he does or not isn't going to be decided based on him saying the words so it shouldn't be used as an argument one way or the other if you feel this way.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - syscrash - 02-22-2017

With Nick and Juliette they have said they love each other more then once. But the biggest reason I I am convinced Juliette loves Nick is what she did for him to get his Grimm back. She not only gave up a normal life. She was willing to become her worst enemy. She even was willing to risk the side effects after having suffered several side effects of Adalinds spells. To top it off she had absolutely noting to gain or benefit from doing it.

That explains why Nick felt such guilt when the results of her sacrifice was her turning into a hexenbiest. The bottom line Juliette literally laid down her life for Nick. No matter what happens to Eve even if she gets all of her emotions back. She will never again be Juliette. Even if people say she acts like Juliette. She will not be Juliette.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Hell Rell - 02-22-2017

(02-22-2017, 10:24 PM)syscrash Wrote: With Nick and Juliette they have said they love each other more then once. But the biggest reason I I am convinced Juliette loves Nick is what she did for him to get his Grimm back. She not only gave up a normal life. She was willing to become her worst enemy. She even was willing to risk the side effects after having suffered several side effects of Adalind's spells. To top it off she had absolutely nothing to gain or benefit from doing it.

That explains why Nick felt such guilt when the results of her sacrifice was her turning into a hexenbiest. The bottom line Juliette literally laid down her life for Nick. No matter what happens to Eve even if she gets all of her emotions back. She will never again be Juliette. Even if people say she acts like Juliette. She will not be Juliette.

I actually agree with you. I do think that Nick and Juliette loved each other.

I was talking about what I observed from earlier threads in the forum when people talk about Nick not saying ILY to Adalind. It's treated like such a big deal and proves that he doesn't love her yet him and Juliette saying it to each other doesn't convince them that they loved each other. Nick saying it to Adalind shouldn't affect their opinion one way or the other based on that outlook. I was saying it's disingenuous in this debate if that's the criteria being used.

As for her identity crisis, I see too much Juliette in Eve now. It really feels Eve was being used as a stopgap until Juliette reared her head again. I think Eve was used as a way to get her ingratiated with the gang again without having to address how they left things off with Juliette. Now, I believe the writers feel like they can "sneak" Juliette back in there because they feel enough time has passed and she can be a source for more drama.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - Grimmbiest11 - 02-23-2017

(02-22-2017, 02:45 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 12:37 PM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 12:13 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: A simple apology and her moving on (away) with her life will do for me.
At this point it's clear the gang has forgiven her. It just needs to be verbalized.

Maybe, but I'd love to know what the relatives of those dead neighbors would say to her. It looks like they've been conveniently "forgotten about."

I guess they're still grieving and in confusion about why their loved ones were killed in a senseless manner. Probably she puts flowers on their graves from time to time.

RE: Uncomfortable Truths are Exposed in “The Son Also Rises” - syscrash - 02-23-2017

Quote:I guess they're still grieving and in confusion about why their loved ones were killed in a senseless manner. Probably she puts flowers on their graves from time to time.
Ok let's say Juliette is to blame for Kelly. But all she did was bring the target to Portland. Adalind is the one that brought the loaded weapon to Portland. Without Adalind the Royals would have never known to come to Portland. Viktor was not going to come without Adalind. Without Adalind Viktor would have never known to go after Juliette to get to Kelly. Like I said Adalind loaded the weapon. Juliette only acquired the target.